Forums Kongregate

The Eternal Evader - score manipulation?

20 posts

Flag Post

So, I was looking at the monthly leaders on the front page, and something stands out here.

Basically, we’ve got a bunch of pretty good games, some original some not…

And somehow, in third place, we’ve got http://kongregate.com/games/Gohan/the-eternal-evader

Now, I don’t mean to be mean-spirited or anything, but… How exactly is what looks like it’s effectively a low-framerate, bad-graphics ripoff of a game that was featured last week managing to get so high of ratings?

Also, this seems to be an issue partially related to something immediately after the game was uploaded. One of the earlier comments, verbatim:

“1/5 too easy to cheat + no graphics + no actual gameplay + music loop that gets annoying soon… 75 ratings (4.13 avg) wtf?”

The Van had much talk of possible hacking or other inappropriate forms of score manipulation involved in this one. I personally don’t know for sure, but… the high score on this is raising an awful lot of red flags for me. Could someone look into this just to make sure that an underdeveloped clone-game like this doesn’t end up winning anything at the end of the month due to unscrupulous activities?

Flag Post

Isn’t the sound copyrighted?

Flag Post

The high scores are so high because there is a glitch in the game. i got 999 by glitching and yet i gave it 1\5. i don’t think that the high scores are connected to the rate of the game. and yes, the rate of the game is weird. most of the people gave it 1 or 2 and yet it is above engines of creation and above Idle, which are more popular and better.

edit :
now i saw Malachi’s post in the comments. :
“There are only 81 gameplays, yet 85 ratings… suspicious?”
Suspicious. better be checked.

Flag Post

‘There are only 81 gameplays, yet 85 ratings… suspicious?’ – Malachi

I find Malachi highly trustable, in terms of stuff…suspicious much?

Flag Post

DeadlyMan, I wasn’t referring to the high scores, I was referring to the rating score. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

Flag Post

Besides which, even if the game author ISN’T directly abusing the 1-5 star system, then he’s asking people to rate it high just for the money – Which surely is an abuse of the system as it’s a 1.5star game at best?

Flag Post

I went to the guy’s profile, and saw that most of his friends use a very similar avatar.

Flag Post

>then he’s asking people to rate it high just for the money

Even if it got 1st place in the contest it may not be able to get 1st prize successfully.

http://www.kongregate.com/pages/contest-introduction

>Placement is determined by user votes, but we retain the right to exclude votes that we feel were made in a fraudulent manner (mainly, through the creation of multiple accounts). Feel free to encourage your friends, family and fans to vote for your game(s), but encouraging fans to create multiple accounts or downvote competition will not be allowed.

Flag Post

Link doesn’t work anymore.

Very good news.

I checked his points; he still has the points for this game, and 15 of his friends signed up at the same day as he got the “rad game bonus” of another poor game.

Flag Post

This is the game that needs to be deleted http://www.kongregate.com/games/Gohan/gohan-the-earths-defender that one had at one point a rating of like 4 from fraud ratings.

Flag Post

How do you get it deleted? Flag as inappropriate?

Flag Post

why you delete my game!!?? i need something that can translate this texts because i dont speak english. can somebody help me?

Flag Post

because it sucked

Flag Post

i speak spanish. 1st question: if kongregate chat has a rating of 4 why my game cant have this rating?
sorry for my bad english.
2nd a lot of people like my game why my game cant has 3 star of rating?
one more time: i dont speak english sorry.

i am not insulting so dont insult me.

Flag Post

Esto es un traductor bueno. Incluso traduce Web pages.

http://translate.google.com/translate_t

Flag Post

1st question: if kongregate chat has a rating of 4 why my game cant have this rating? 2nd a lot of people like my game why my game cant has 3 star of rating?

Kong Chat tiene solamente un grado medio de 3/5, y tu juego es una mala copia de él, él conseguirá tan naturalmente un grado mucho más bajo.

¡Hourray para el traductor del google! Espero que haga más fácil leer.

Flag Post

>This is the game that needs to be deleted http://www.kongregate.com/games/Gohan/gohan-the… that one had at one point a rating of like 4 from fraud ratings.

I don’t know about fraud ratings,but I know it might use copyrighted material……(music)

>because it sucked

DO NOT ask any admin to remove any game just because of this reason.

>Kong Chat tiene solamente un grado medio de 3/5, y tu juego es una mala copia de él, él conseguirá tan naturalmente un grado mucho más bajo. ¡Hourray para el traductor del google! Espero que haga más fácil leer.

Machine Translate :

Kong Chat has only an average degree of 3/5, and your game is a bad copy of him, he will obtain a much more low degree so naturally. Hourray for the translator of google! I hope that it does easier to read.

Side note : Google translator ROCKS.

Flag Post

Yay, I have been deemed highly trustable in terms of stuff! And yes, Google Translator is teh rox.

Flag Post

Don’t know how I missed this thread, I must be blind.

I took the game down, more news to follow later today or maybe tomorrow for those who are interested.

Bottom line: if you see something suspicious, send me an e-mail at mike@kongregate.com

Bottomer line: I won’t delete games because they suck, just check out MrCreds account for proof (er, I mean, they are masterpieces though :D)

Cheers!

Flag Post

A question :

If a game was deleted,does the author lose the point that he got from this game?