Forums Kongregate

new Facebook app - now it actually does something!

20 posts

Flag Post

Hey guys – as part of this release, we completely rewrote our Facebook app. The biggest new feature – sharing your scores on your profile, and seeing how you rank within your network/school.

I’m #1 at Princeton. Which isn’t saying much. Anyway, check it out:

http://apps.facebook.com/kongregate/

Flag Post

Ranking:
Newcastle (1/0)
Facebook (4/922)

That’s a bid odd…nice update tho :)

EDIT: Is there any way to make it so that any links in the app send people to kong with my referral link addon on the link as well?

Flag Post

Finally! i’ve had this App since the beginning and am excited that it finally does something.. (dances)

Flag Post

Make an account? I refuse. Although that app does sound cool…

Flag Post

Yeah, I’d like to see the app but stupid facebook doesnt even let you see the page without an account.

Flag Post

I could write up a in-depth guide for it on COCAK, including pics and such.. that way you can see what it does. Also how to do it

Flag Post

http://cocak.blogspot.com/2007/08/kongregate-facebook-app-now-amazing.html

YAYS its up, there arcane you can check out the awesomeness of the Kong Facebook App

Home page

More Games

Manage High Scores

FAQ

Flag Post

Wow, I just removed it yesterday. Then, you go and add functionality to it, so I have to add it back.

Ooohh, nice sidebar functionality. Now, both sides of my Facebook profile are approximately balanced. =)

Flag Post

thats cool

Flag Post

There should be a global ranking thingy.Then I might consider to actually get this app.

Flag Post

yeah i agree

Flag Post

@FRAGM3NT – great writeup! I linked you on my blog here. Let the blog rolling continue.

Sylicas, there is a global ranking thing, if I understand what you mean. It will show you how your score ranks with everyone else who’s installed the app. Or do you mean something else?

Flag Post

thanks Jim anything for kong =]

Flag Post

Okay, I do not mean to sound pessimistic, but what exactly IS the purpose of having a facebook? As far as I can see from the guide, all it offers is the exact same game pages that are on Kongregate, and a highscore list, which although useful, would not make me sign up for Facebook. So would anyone mind explaining to me exactly what this Facebook is supposed to be good for?

Flag Post

Facebook is a social networking site that allows user to add friends, upload unlimited photos and videps, share things with friends

Basically Facebook is another version of myspace only it has more features, although it seems Myspace is stealing Facebooks ideas with their new status updates. Facebook is a more grown up myspace, as it allows you to join networks in your high school, university, work place, and region. These networks connect you to other friends and also allow you to see their profile.

Facebook also has a new application standard that allows other sites to integrate into it. As Kongregate has, also many other sites have. You can do alot on facebook and it is easily the next big thing on the web.. even google is afraid of its power.

Flag Post

I apologize for not having a clue, but do I have to sign up for facebook or is this something that is going to become part of the kongregate site? If someone could please explain how facebook and kongregate will work together I’d really appreciate it.
Thanks

Flag Post

phammen11: You do have to sign up for Facebook to use the application; however, that’s not really its purpose. It doesn’t really offer anything the site doesn’t offer; it’s primarily there to filter traffic through Facebook to this site, not the other way around.

Flag Post

the one thing it offers is the ability to see all your high scores on one page, that and soon you can do challenges =P

Flag Post

It is all well and good knowing i am 3rd overall on Facebook for
Desktop Tower Defense 1.5
Medium High Score
High score: 7,218

Ranking:
Leeds (1st/3)
Facebook (3rd/1149)

But what i would like to know is what are the scores above mine?

Flag Post

Hey Kent. Yeah, we were kind of dumb not to include that this time. We’re going to include leaderboards for each network in the next revision of the app.