Forums Kongregate

Tag Suggestions

447 posts

Flag Post

Do you have suggestions for new tags? Add them here.

Flag Post

“it”

Flag Post

I think something like Multiple-screens for games like Multitask, Tealy & Orangy would be nice, also some tag for Flixel games or other particular engine powered stuff.

Flag Post

Am I the only one who read this as Tag “Suggestions” Here?

I think something like Multiple-screens for games

This.

Also, these aren’t really new tag suggestions, but some of the current tags are extremely “spammy” and waste of space. Like, Epic War, or Monster Truck. I don’t see any reason for those to exist.

Flag Post

We partially developed the list based on what people search for the site, and monster truck was one of those searches. And we added tags for some popular series like Bloons and Epic War since there aren’t good places to see all those series together now.

Flag Post

Well it’s quite obvious that people are looking for “Flight” at the moment, but I think a tag like “Launch” would be more appropriate for the genre. Also I suggest “Gun” to be fused with “Shooter”.

Also things that users enjoy, like “Upgrade”, “Achievements” (for ingame ones) and “Editor” (for games with level editors, both kong’s and native), are missing. Things more sectorial like “one-button” would be enjoyable too.

List can go on and on. Hope people will come up with good ideas :)

Flag Post

Unity / Unity3D

Flag Post

Do you already have “art game” and “physics game” tags?

Flag Post
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

Do you already have “art game” and “physics game” tags?

They do. Also Platform <3

Flag Post

Oh, ok.

Flag Post

I wanted to add the “an homosex” tag to A Knight’s Story 2, but it wouldn’t let me >:
So, I’m recommending An Homosex as a tag.

Flag Post

What’s a tag? Never mind.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SAL37:

What’s a tag?

A “label”, that aids in searches.
Do a search for “Epic”, for example, and your results will mostly be games that have been tagged with the word “Epic”.

Flag Post

Also, “Chain Reaction” for games like Icy Gifts and Polygonal Fury, maybe?

“Metagame”?
“Avoider” (Avoid) for games like Particles, or maybe Vector Runner.
“Hard”. For people who love challenges. Simple as that.

Flag Post

OMG tags kong I love you so. I think “Point and Click”, “Turn-Based”, “Tactical”, “Tower Defense”, “Thought Provoking”, “Platformer”, “Fast Paced”, “RPG”, “RTS”, “Minimalism”, “Top Down”, “Non-linear”, “Team work”, “Sniper”, “Launch”, “Physics”, “Humorous”, “Hard”, “Music”, “Horror”, “Find the differences” and “Arcade” would be good ones.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ThePerson42:
“Point and Click”, “Turn-Based”, “Tactical”, “Tower Defense”, “Platformer”, “RPG”, “RTS”, “Team work”, “Sniper”, “Physics”, “Music”, “Horror”, “Find the differences” and “Arcade”.

Are there already

“Launch" would be good instead of “Flight”.
“Humorous”: there is “Funny”, but I actually like your name more.
“Hard” is too subjective.
“Minimalism”, “Arcade” are pretty good :)
“Top Down” could definitely be there
“Non-linear”, not fond, but not bad.

Anyway I think some tags should seriously be dropped.
Airport, Good Music, Hex ,Hair, Prison?
Some shouldn’t be chosen by users at all, like Epic wars, Submachine or Dirt Bike.
I also laughed at the “Tag” tag :P

Some tags really involve a very little amount of games, like with animal names or similar so I suggest dividing them in primary and secondary groups for easier access.
I still think we definitely need mods specifically chosen for tagging roles (something like curators), following some official guidelines.

Anyway it seems like there is a bug with tags which have the name of the genre as part of the title, which are shown as doubles like here: http://www.kongregate.com/games/Coolio_Niato/music-mania

Originally posted by Tukkun:
“Avoider” (Avoid) for games like Particles, or maybe Vector Runner.

And definitely this; I wonder how that was skipped.

Flag Post

“Grinder”, “MMORPG”, “Kreds”.

Flag Post

“Parody”
“Kong Inside Joke”

Originally posted by CommanderObvious:

“it”

Flag Post

Is there any limit on the number of tags available for a game? If not, then tags for a specific series like Epic War don’t need to be deleted. It would be more convenient for new players to see how many games a series has, and to find the other games if they like the series.

Flag Post
Originally posted by StarryDawn:

Is there any limit on the number of tags available for a game? If not, then tags for a specific series like Epic War don’t need to be deleted. It would be more convenient for new players to see how many games a series has, and to find the other games if they like the series.

They could easily type “Epic Wars” in the search bar. I find more likely to be abused for games which have no relation at all.
EDIT: Ninja’d.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mawd:
Originally posted by StarryDawn:

I like this idea, but from what I have seen you can add any tag to a game. So I could play “You have to burn the rope” – but tag it with the Epic War tag.

that will be epic

Flag Post

How about a “Philosophic” tag?

Flag Post

I was thinking about “Insect”. Good tag for Adapt or Die, for example.

Flag Post

“Terrible platformers that add a cliche story and classical music to pretend to be deep” would be a good tag.

Flag Post

Is there a Mouse Only tag?