Forums Kongregate

Tag Suggestions page 11

442 posts

Flag Post

Tags that are needed in Kongregate are “Fighting” “Racing” “Platform” “War” “Purchase Equipment And Upgrades” “Blood” “Violence” and you NEED to add this to kongregate “Kids” and “Adults”

Flag Post

How about poetry? I’ve seen quite a few games with poems/riddles in them, and I’ve just started development on a game that revolves around a poem.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DrYoshiyahu:

How about poetry? I’ve seen quite a few games with poems/riddles in them, and I’ve just started development on a game that revolves around a poem.

no

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mayyan:

no

yes

Flag Post
Originally posted by resterman:
Originally posted by Mayyan:

no

yes

Double yes.

Flag Post

A “Relaxing” tag would be good for finding casual games such as Boomshine, Flur, Music Catch etc… games that are good for de-stressing and promoting calmness.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blackmoon1291:

A “Relaxing” tag would be good for finding casual games such as Boomshine, Flur, Music Catch etc… games that are good for de-stressing and promoting calmness.

Not all games that you call “relaxing” are relaxing to others. They may find it irritating.

Flag Post

Ooh, this is quite a hard one. Is there already a “Candy” tag? :o

Flag Post

i want a tag called Ant

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tikikala:

i know that we have “time management”, but what about “resource management”?

Originally posted by TancreDim:

//craft// tag perhaps helpful

Seconded.

Flag Post

@tnts:

i would like a “spawning troops” tag because i like games where i can spawn roops to help me on my mission e.g epic war, stick war and many other games but i can only find them by trying games i dont know and takes ages to find a game i like

thanks very much if u add this ag

basically that means looking for games that are tagged as “strategy” but are not (much) tagged as “defence”. which is what i do all the time.

unfortunately many people tag them wrongly.

Flag Post

I know that it was suggested twice, but I really think that we need “Story” tag. There are so many games with really interesting and compelling stories that I discovered purely by accident… How many of them I still don’t know?..

Flag Post

we need a lot more animal tags. and colors (red, green, blue, yellow, purple). but at least “blue”! since all elephant-story tags are tagged with “elephant” which is correct, but i can not tag it with “blue” although the fact, that the elephant always is blue (except in levels with red light). what the hell? that would also be correct. “small” would also be a good tag. the elephant is very small! except for one level, when it is big. so also a “big”-tag would make sense. i would then use both, the “small” and the “big” tag on that game. it would both be correct and using both, would make sense.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Derasght:

I know that it was suggested twice, but I really think that we need “Story” tag. There are so many games with really interesting and compelling stories that I discovered purely by accident… How many of them I still don’t know?..

a lot i guess. and you will never find out. no one goes back and tags a game one has played years ago, just because there is a new tag. and even if: you never can be sure all of them are tagged! and btw, are you sure “story” is a good tag? i mean, think: a tag is something that categorizes a game. it distinguishes it from other games in a certain respect. but that means, that for the other game has to be a category too. like for the respect “genre” it can be “action”, “adventure”, “strategy”, and so on. what is that in your case? well, the best i can think of is “story” and “no story”. does that make sense? and even if you may say “that is what i need” there is another problem: some may be convinced that even the boxhead zombie shooters comprise a storyline. and then they tag it with “story”. i am not sure if you meant you want to find the boxhead zombie shooters.

but anyways the tag system is nothing that makes sense. it is something you make fun about, or fun with by selecting stupid tags. or you would delete it entirely from the site and redesign and redevelop it. no one cares about it really after it became that sensless mess.

Flag Post
Originally posted by satansFinger:

a lot i guess. and you will never find out. no one goes back and tags a game one has played years ago, just because there is a new tag. and even if: you never can be sure all of them are tagged!

Well, you’re right, but it’s better that nothing at all… Maybe someone will add tag to an old game, but even if this won’t happen, at least new games will have that tag…

and btw, are you sure “story” is a good tag? i mean, think: a tag is something that categorizes a game. it distinguishes it from other games in a certain respect. but that means, that for the other game has to be a category too. like for the respect “genre” it can be “action”, “adventure”, “strategy”, and so on. what is that in your case? well, the best i can think of is “story” and “no story”. does that make sense?

I can’t understand the logic here… Not all tags are “genres”, do you say that story doesn’t distinguish game from another game without it?
and even if you may say “that is what i need” there is another problem: some may be convinced that even the boxhead zombie shooters comprise a storyline. and then they tag it with “story”. i am not sure if you meant you want to find the boxhead zombie shooters.

Well, when I say “story” I mean storyline, developing through the course of the game, not the excuse plot like “Someone evil attacked someone good, kill them all”. All tags can be a confused with something else. but this doesn’t mean, that it is unnecessary…

Flag Post

local multiplayer (where you can share a keybord?)

Flag Post

“Luck” for when a game is just a random play.

Flag Post

“Apocalypse” “Cheese” “Easy” “Medium” “Hard” “Good graphics” “Colorful” “Meme”

Flag Post

I’m truly surprised cooperative (Co-op) hasn’t been added yet…

Games that would fit this tag

Spiral Nights
Realm of the Mad God
Co-op Toon Shooter : rise of the fleet
PhysicsWars

Just to name a few

Flag Post

I think a “typical game with a deep storyline” could be one, like that air pressure game.

Flag Post

I think there should be a tag for tycoons.

Flag Post

Zen, Relax(ation), Chill, any of those. Technichally I call it zen. Works for memohuntress :)

Flag Post

The tag “Energy Shield” is still missing. Best known from sci-fi space games & series. Sometimes also called “Power Shield”. The stuff shielding a spaceship’s hull from direct damage. If i were to choose, would use both, Energy Shield for those that are used always (permanent) and Power Shield for the temporary type (short invinciblity, dmg reduced etc.).

Flag Post

“java”

Flag Post

Add “Pay2Win”, “Cash Shop”, “Hotseat”, “Social” and “Joypad”