Forums Kongregate

Tag Suggestions page 13

449 posts

Flag Post

also, “mining”

Flag Post

There is a serious need for a “Non-violent” tag, as i have kids in the age range of just starting school, that i like to let play here on kong. Having a tag for games with no violence would make gaminglife easier.

Flag Post
Originally posted by riegroht:

There is a serious need for a “Non-violent” tag, as i have kids in the age range of just starting school, that i like to let play here on kong. Having a tag for games with no violence would make gaminglife easier.

Trouble with this is, you need to be at least 13 to have an account. Now yes kids under 13 can still play on the site but the site itself is still targeted to an older demographic.

But almost none of the puzzle games are violent so try getting your kids to try them out.

Flag Post

Well, I don’t see that as troublesome, it will be half a decade before the first one hits 13 anyway. My reason for having my kids playing on this site is mainly the ease of finding games, and not mis-clicking ads and other nasty popup stuff. Kongregate is an exellent site with that purpose in mind. While i have no problem with the older target audience, and i don’t want to make this site into a preschoolsite (more than it sometimes degenerate into in chat), i do want the options for tags to be complete and well organized. I have played plenty of games here that are well within a non-violence tag. With that said, I think there should be a “Violence” tag too. I like stuff to be organized in a pratcical manner, and just cannot see why or what it would hurt…

Flag Post

needs search for multiple tags.

Flag Post

SKILL tag doesn’t exist but it should exist. There are games in which you have to jump on platforms and do correct actions on time, retry it several times, lots of frustration. Some people like it but some don’t. A tag is necessary to define such games (e.g. visible iii).

Flag Post

“Short” Games, for those folks who want to play a quickie before heading out to explore the world.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sevenkul:

SKILL tag doesn’t exist but it should exist. There are games in which you have to jump on platforms and do correct actions on time, retry it several times, lots of frustration. Some people like it but some don’t. A tag is necessary to define such games (e.g. visible iii).

Virtually all games require skill to some degree, and the perception of the level of skill needed for a particular game is highly subjective.

Flag Post

Virtually all games require skill to some degree, and the perception of the level of skill needed for a particular game is highly subjective.

Also virtually all games require strategy & mind, all games have action & adventure, and all games are funny to some extend. Users’ votes on the tags determine their extend. On the other hand, for the games about very basic skills, such as pressing the space key on correct milisecond or moving the mouse on correct pixels, SKILL tag is necessary. I sometimes see such classification on the internet.

Flag Post

Is it possible to do special category for games in Unity 3d plugin?Almost all of them are not functional so it will be very helpful to separate crap from working games.
Yes maybe i need to instal or to do something but there is no reason for this.Old good games dont use Unity and its fun to play them anyway.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MachuPichu:

“Short” Games, for those folks who want to play a quickie before heading out to explore the world.

Yeah, a nice quickie really gets some people in the mood to do… things.

If you know what I mean

Flag Post

Finite Automata

This is for games like Jahooma’s LogicBox Tile Factory Manufactoria KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People and so on.

In this game you basically crate finite automates and it would be nice to have a tag that collects such gems.

Flag Post

“Mining” I love mining games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TancreDim:

//craft// tag perhaps helpful

Originally posted by purpletext:

“Mining” I love mining games.

Originally posted by Tikikala:

also, “mining”

CRAFTING, MINING

definitely basic concepts

Flag Post

how about “one big tutorial”, for those games that recently there have been many of that are really just one big tutorial. you’re playing the game, and it just never stops being a “do this, then do that”. like Wild West Town, and many others.

Flag Post

“Premium Content” To tag all the pay2win games.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

please, can we have a tag for “verbose”?

Flag Post

Please add Foes to the Friends and Fans place too :)

Flag Post

maybe and “evil” or “villain” tag for those that aren’t into being good humans.

Flag Post

We desperately need a tag for “facebook game” or something to indicate that the game is designed for spam and ‘gains resources over time’ while constantly trying to sell you stuff.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FireFop:

We desperately need a tag for “facebook game” or something to indicate that the game is designed for spam and ‘gains resources over time’ while constantly trying to sell you stuff.

That’s not Facebook or Facebook related.

Flag Post

“Pay to Win” should be a topic, for those competitive games where the only way to compete is to be the player who pays the most.