Forums Kongregate

Tag Suggestions page 16

448 posts

Flag Post

There should be a Dimensions, or Dimensional tag, where one of the main gameplay mechanics is switching dimensions :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by PadAbum:

Ludum Dare

You can browse Ludum Dare Games

Flag Post
Originally posted by Robomann:

There should be a Dimensions, or Dimensional tag, where one of the main gameplay mechanics is switching dimensions :)

that sounds intriguing!

Flag Post

What about " Relaxing" or “Calming” for games like loop of zen, william and sly 2 and etc?

Flag Post

I could use a “Text” or “Console” tag for a game that i’m making. “Pixel” doesn’t seem accurate enough.

Flag Post

Complex.

Flag Post

How about a tag to indicate that the game saves all the player’s data online (as opposed to the typical Flash model of saving on the player’s local hard drive) in a manner that allows the player to easily start a game on his/her laptop, continue his/her progress on his/her home desktop, and then perhaps finish the game on his/her work computer, all without ever starting over. Fantasy Online would be an example of the sort of game I have in mind, and I think maybe Bloons Tower Defense 5 might be as well. There are many such games in the world of Kongregate, but afaik there’s currently no easy way to seek them out.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MoratGurgeh:

Good Story, in the same way we already have a Good Music tag. Most games (I’m thinking strategy, but it also applies to others) have some excuse for a storyline, but every now and then there’s one where the Dev. has put a lot of work into it, and it’d be nice to recognise that.

+1 Good Story

Flag Post

iTCG?

Flag Post

addictive

Flag Post
Originally posted by themanwitdaplan5:

addictive

I like it but it’s not very descriptive. Couldn’t really use it to narrow down a specific game while searching.

Flag Post

MOBA?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Caleb_Nyuu:

MOBA?

Meaning?

Flag Post
Originally posted by AzontoMan:

MOBA?

Meaning?

Multiplayer Online Battle Arena.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheCongressman:
Originally posted by AzontoMan:

MOBA?

Meaning?

Multiplayer Online Battle Arena.

Arena Combat is a tag. Kinda the same thing.

Flag Post

Okay.

Flag Post

Long
Games that have a main objective and lasts more than 3 Hours to complete. Like Sonny, Anti-Idle, most RPG based games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Holy2334:

Long
Games that have a main objective and lasts more than 3 Hours to complete. Like Sonny, Anti-Idle, most RPG based games.

They have an “Endurance” tag

Flag Post
Originally posted by BTrenary:

Long

They have an “Endurance” tag

Yea but endurance is for games where you do just one run of the things you got and you start over from the beginning if you fail. I mean long as in like games that have campaigns and stuff that take a while to complete.

Flag Post

I mean long as in like games that have campaigns and stuff that take a while to complete.

That’s known as Endurance, BTrenary is correct.

Flag Post
Yea but endurance is for games where you do just one run of the things you got and you start over from the beginning if you fail.

No, your definition of endurance sounds closer to a roguelike.

Flag Post

Add ‘Silverlight’ tag please. :D

Flag Post

Uh, Silverlight games are not supported by Kongregate.

Flag Post

What about some hover text for tags to add a little depth to their meaning. For example, while tagging a game I’d find it helpful to be able to quickly determine if “mouse only” means it can be successfully played with only a mouse (even if there is a keyboard option in game), or if it means that there is no option for any controls besides mouse. On a related note, the “mouse” tag…does that mean mouse, the animal, or mouse, the computer peripheral? Even the above mention of roguelike vs endurance is an example of how hover-text (or a similar help tool) might help.

I’m not positive this is on topic, so my apologies if there’s a better forum for this.

Flag Post

I have a HUGE problem. I love vertical shooters (like upgrade complete, battalion commander, notebook wars) and I HATE HATE HATE game in wich you have to fire in every direction, with automatical aim (frantic frigate) or mouse aim (decision, decision2). And I cannot find the shooter I want !!! I tried top-down, but decision is considered as top-down. And in battalion commander, tags i think useless (army, war, military) and quite similar are coming before any “gameplay describing” tag