Forums Kongregate

Tag Suggestions page 8

442 posts

Flag Post

experimental, for games like I Wish I Were the Moon, Coil, and This Is a Work of Fiction.

Flag Post

there definately has to be a one-button tag.

Flag Post

Beat Em Up

Flag Post

What would you call games like Chronotron and Timebot? “Time Distortion”? “Time Manipulation”? “Time Travel”? Maybe something that would include games like The Company of Myself and One Step Back.

Flag Post

“Epic”? For games like Epic Combo!, Epic Coaster, Epic War series etc or games that just are epic.

Flag Post

“Badges” and/or “Achievements” for games with both.

Flag Post

How many Tags are there at the moment for Art Styles?
There are a few nice artsy games on Kong.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hunkadunkus:

How many Tags are there at the moment for Art Styles?
There are a few nice artsy games on Kong.

I quess infinite if users choosed all the tags

I’d quess that atleast anime has own artform

Flag Post

I know this has been said already but there needs to be a tag for Distance games. there should also be a tag for Prepetually moving forward canabalt/ninja run/cave runner like games. To me tags should be able to allow people to play a game and then find others with similar game play or style.

Flag Post
Originally posted by IHateCanabalt:

I would love to see a tag, which shows us the games rated between 3,00 and 3,49 similiar to the tag “top rated” (>3,50). Maybe you could call it “Rated good” or something like this. The reason for it is simply, because it’s really not that easy to find games in this range … and there are many little gems, that aren’t rated above 3,50. To keep in mind 3 means “I like it” and all these games would be above this. To see such a tag under “Browse Games” / “Categories” / “Tags & More” would make me very happy :)

Actually, that’s a really good suggestion. A lot of the great tournament games are from that rating range as well, just really REALLY fun little arcade type games.

In fact, there’s an idea. A tournament tag.

Flag Post

Maybe a High-Score tag? Where the goal in the game is to get a high-score? That would be convenient for when someone is looking for a game to put in a tournament.

Flag Post

Needs a tag so that it filters out games with achievements

Flag Post
Originally posted by joshuah67:

Needs a tag so that it filters out games with achievements

You dont need tag for that. Use This or This to sort out badges

Flag Post
Originally posted by King_Matt:

Maybe a High-Score tag? Where the goal in the game is to get a high-score? That would be convenient for when someone is looking for a game to put in a tournament.

I suggested that before ^_^
Anyways i highly support that, as i may one day return to play tournaments

Flag Post

Makes me a little sad to see there’s still no Metroidvania or Roguelike tags, although the latter might not see much use anyway. :<

I would like to see a tag for games which make heavy use of random/procedural generation – so Random Generation, Procedural, or even RNG. The aforementioned roguelikes and dungeon crawlers would use it, as well as anything else that randomly chooses or creates levels, enemies, items etc as you play.

Flag Post

i want to suggest adult tag.

Flag Post

A new tag: “Jigsaw”? And why not “Celebrity”!

Flag Post
Originally posted by BarbeBleue:

A new tag: “Jigsaw”? And why not “Celebrity”!

I object to any tag that would reward makers of cheap, content-less games. Inevitably, any “celebrity” tag would evolve into a category specifically tailored to “let’s all be anarchists and murder [insert celebrity] like they’re not actual human beings and we’re not terrible people and this game isn’t mildly libelous with its phobic nature of various subsets of the human race.”

Flag Post

A grow tag. There are several games like dog eat dog and tasty planet which have you eat things and grow bigger and eat more things.
I have trouble finding these sorts of games, it’d be nice to have a tag for them.

Flag Post

I would suggest to add the tag Meaningful. Will help a bunch of players who want to find awesome games like “One Step Back” ( http://www.kongregate.com/games/ArmorGames/one-step-back ). Just look at the best comments of that game and you will see what I am wanting to tell you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bestknighter:

I would suggest to add the tag Meaningful. Will help a bunch of players who want to find awesome games like “One Step Back” ( http://www.kongregate.com/games/ArmorGames/one-step-back ). Just look at the best comments of that game and you will see what I am wanting to tell you.

Many of these games fall under the “art” tag for arthouse games. Unfortunately, there’s a lot of games that don’t qualify as arthouse but still use the “art” tag. I have a feeling this would happen similarly with a “meaningful” tag. Every game designer is going to suggest their game is “meaningful.”

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mavyrk:

Many of these games fall under the “art” tag for arthouse games. Unfortunately, there’s a lot of games that don’t qualify as arthouse but still use the “art” tag. I have a feeling this would happen similarly with a “meaningful” tag. Every game designer is going to suggest their game is “meaningful.”

And here start the tag poll. People will see that it isn’t meaningful and will vote down that tag. Or this doesn’t happen? People just ignore the tag?

Flag Post

And here start the tag poll. People will see that it isn’t meaningful and will vote down that tag. Or this doesn’t happen? People just ignore the tag?

Different standards of meaningful, really. Majority of users will ignore the tag, some will see it as unmeaningful, some will see it as meaningful; all in all, may not give the intended result that it means to, because the tag isn’t very self-descriptive.

Flag Post

i know that we have “time management”, but what about “resource management”?
i clicked on time management and can’t find the game that i remembered from years ago ._.

Flag Post

Upgrades. Please. We REALLY need this tag.