Forums Kongregate

Kongregate is at 1337 games! page 2

40 posts

Flag Post

So those ids include games that have been removed from the site, generally because they were uploaded by someone other than their creator.

Flag Post

Yay I was right IN YOUR FACE!!! lol

Flag Post

If games that were deleted caused all the games’ IDs that were after it to shift down, that would break hundreds of links every time a game was deleted.

Yeah… that would be bad.

Flag Post

but still, do you think that they would have deleated over 800 games. so ketchup is wrong

Flag Post
  • i stand tall with that statemeant*

Flag Post

Read it closely. 1,759 ONLINE PLAYING 1,338 GAMES! (Now online playing)…

Flag Post

However, if you take it to mean THAT, then it’s kind of odd that it’s been staying at 1338 exactly for almost everyone. Wouldn’t it be fluctuating?

EDIT: Oh, how nice, dxrules63. I notice that you’ve edited your post so that you look like you knew the truth all along. Maybe that’s normal practice and I just haven’t noticed.

Flag Post

If it was that, the number would fluctuate, and there have been times when the number of games exceeded the total number of people online.

Flag Post

Wow, did you all completely ignore Emily? She should know, and that was my guess as well. IDs are unique per upload. The game counter is the number of games that are actually available. However, they’re not going to re-assign an ID (that would probably mess up the database which works with unique keys). So, there are 1339 active games, though over 2000 have been uploaded at some point. And yes, it would be fluctuating, rather than progressing steadily upward, if that were just the number of games currently being played.

Simply put, you’ve made the mistake of mixing up ID#s and Counts. Think of SKU#s on retail products. Every product has a unique SKU, but not all SKUs are always in stock.

Flag Post

Indeed, hilariously circular as this argument may be, there have been/are more games on the site than the counter says. Many of these games are unpublished or have been taken down for violations :)

Flag Post

Also I’m glad Hash is the true 1337 game, cause Nabb does roll in elite circles.

Flag Post

but hash is a vvery simple, fun game

Flag Post

You’re supposed to say “Challenging”,

Flag Post

chalenging in simples place, or in funs place

Flag Post

Yay I was right IN YOUR FACE!!! lol

Back in your face now! Don’t underestimate the powers of Hash!