Forums Kongregate

Points & Levels

27 posts

Flag Post

I’m not sure if this is bothering anyone else… but ill throw it out there.

I think that anyone who gains points through developing/submiting games, should be on either a separate point system or not get points for it at all. It’s unfair to us player only folk that don’t have the means in which to create our own games.

Flag Post

The only time it bothers me is when they submit crappy games (especially multiple times); I’m looking at you MrCreds!

Flag Post

They deserve the points, ’nuff said.

Flag Post

It’s not unfair at all…

1) It’s hard to make a Game, so Devellopers should get a reward no ?
2) Kongregate is not the only site of Flash game submission, they need lure submiters for being for popular than Newgrounds, Armor Games and other sites…
3) You can get too this pts with Invite our friends !

Flag Post

yea its sucks that we can’t get massive points but hey they earned it

Flag Post

I believe kong began as a place for developers…and I’ve seen some grow to the point where regular players have been inspired to try on that hat. Kudoes to them! Considering everything that goes into making games I feel there points/levels are justified.

Flag Post

Devollopers upload games.

Players “upload” others players.

That’s all. :p

Flag Post

I disagree greatly. A game is something difficult to make. The people who actually overcame that challenge should be rewarded.

Flag Post

Ohh, my apologies..I had the idea that devs made the games…? Well, now I’m confused again… :p pfffttt

Flag Post

That’s why there are challenges and achievements. Someone who is a great player is rewarded, and someone who is a great developer is rewarded, and someone who is both is greatly rewarded from both sides. That seems to be the general idea of Kongregate.

Plus, if you’re a developer, you’re supporting the industry by buying Flash. So there :P

Flag Post

It’s unfair to us player only folk that don’t have the means in which to create our own games.

Not at all. On the contrary, it would be unfair not to credit the devs for their hard work. Creating games can be very time consuming and hard work, so to give them a few extra points is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to paying them back.

Another thread on this topic can be found here http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/1049

Flag Post

So you mean you’re discouraging developers to turn to the Kongregate side and be the dark and evil NG side? No way…

Flag Post

>So you mean you’re discouraging developers to turn to the Kongregate side and be the dark and evil NG side?

Nope,he didn’t say such the thing.

Flag Post

they should only get points if the games r good
Mcreds r crap he shouldnt even have his up

Flag Post

Nope,he didn’t say such the thing.

The topic creator. I’m lazy :P

Flag Post

I have more points than most Game Devs that I’ve seen.

From experience, I’ve not seen many ACTUAL developers with more than 3 games on Kong – they only submit what they think are their best.

Of course, It’s full of £$^£$%"£’s uploading other people’s games.

Flag Post

i think people should get points according to the ratings that they get for the games that they have created. it is unfair when a creator of a good game gets the same points as a creator of a crappy game.

Flag Post

i think people should get points according to the ratings that they get for the games that they have created. it is unfair when a creator of a good game gets the same points as a creator of a crappy game.

They do. Everyone gets 25 points when they upload a game, but after that, bonuses are dependent on ratings.

Flag Post

>they only submit what they think are their best.

I uploaded all of my Flash games though. :)

Flag Post

They do: http://www.kongregate.com/pages/help#uploadbonus

Flag Post

>Maybe there should be a upload limit for a certain amount of time?

I agree,because sometimes a member uploads all of his games at once,and makes some games have poor/low pageviews.

Maybe uploading a game per day for each member? Because it’s unlikely to make 2 or more games in a day.

Flag Post

I think uploaders who upload more then 3 or 4 games in one day are pretty rare, and as time goes on they will be ever rarer (because they will have uploaded they whole catalogue and start uploading 1 by 1 from then on)

Because of that, I dont think there is a reason to change the current system in those regards, it will fix itself over time. Occasionally someone will upload a bunch of games, but very rarely.

Flag Post

Limiting a developers uploads is certainly not fair action. If the reason to limit the uploads is because they might get poor ratings, well the developer can decide whether he wants to risk that or not. Its true that they may not make several games in a day, however that doesnt mean a developer who just joined might not have half a dozen games he’s created in the past that he wants to upload.

Flag Post

I personally would like to see a 2 a day limit. Even though it’d cut down the number of games, it’d keep devs here longer and they’d get about 3X more pageviews i reckon.

Flag Post

I would simply like to see a scoreboard that only uses points gained in playing games to determine ranks. This could supplement an overall scoreboard that takes into account all points, which is what we have now. While we’re at it, how about a scoreboard just for developer points? It would be cool to have a “gamer rank” a “developer rank” and a “overall rank” on your profile.