Forums Kongregate

What are your opinions, solutions or ideas?

33 posts

Flag Post

I must say that I am disappointed in 2 things this week…

1) The challenge is so easy it took me upwards of 3 minutes. Of course had there not been a badge already for starshine I would’ve had to start from the beginning and play 10 levels. The balance balls 2 took about 2 out of the 3 minutes… took me 4 tries, now the badge proved to be harder… but it only took 15-20 minutes.

2) I had waited expectantly for this challenge with the notion that new badges come when the challenge comes, I am afraid I was gravely disappointed with the fact that after 1 week to a week and a half only 1 new badge was created. Saying this, I acknowledge that I do NOT have all the badges, and I may never… but I would like to see more badges with variety. I have submitted an idea for a badge, but I do not expect it to be implemented. There are many,many great games that could have a badge/badges but they do not. I realize that there are plenty of badges that have been made… but I was just hoping for more. Please, let me know if I am wrong in my thinking or if you disagree, I would love to hear all opinions, by hearing different opinions you learn yourself, and my mind is open.

With that said I just wanted to also say Thanks, on behalf of the entire “kongregation” of gamers on this site, you truly have done wonders for this site. Again, thank-you for all you do to keep this site up and running…

~~~~~~Bradley (aka crazycruiser

Flag Post

The challenge is not meant to be overly difficult. Achievements will be released more frequently when they start always working perfectly. I’m sure Damijin would be more than happy to explain what happened to our inbox when the seemingly simple badge for Boxhead was launched.

Flag Post

I agree with CrazyCruiser, and i thought create a topic on this too…

We know Card Challenge is usualy Not Difficult because of the time Limit (7 days) and we dont want too a Impossible Achievements for that.

But since 3 weeks, The difficulty of the weekly challenge are not easy. It’s just More than Easy. It’s just Kindergarden Level.

Please, make Weekly Challenge a little more difficult, it’s hard to Wait a full Week only for 30 min of Challenge T_T

About Badges Challenges Release, it’s will be better to wait if challenges would not be done so fast… But We know too it’s a new system so we will be patient :) (After all, Kongregate is on Beta test, no ?)

PS: oh, and i forgot it, a little HS : Someone can to do something for the Flood topic “opopopopo” in music forum section and ban the flooder called Dxruler63 ? Thanks you

Flag Post

Honestly I think everyone needs to sit back and realize how much these people are actually doing… This is a free gaming site that we get to log into and I think they have done an amazing job taking simple on-line games to the next level. I agree that the challenge and the badges were easy this time but I do not have all of the badges [missing 3] and I spend the rest of the week trying to get them as well as learning how to create games. So this is my challenge [I guess i could label it Hard] is to not only finish getting all of the badges but to download software to start creating games. Only then can I understand if you want more.

Flag Post

What does sitting back and realizing how much work they do to put these challenges together have to do with disappointment in the challenge system? Its not like we don’t appreciate the site but if you don’t like something why put up with it speak out. Thats why there is a feedback link at the top of the page. If the users are disappointed they will leave and the site will not flourish. Even if it is free even though there ads everywhere (not that I’m complaining), they still need to meet the needs of the user base in order to keep people at kongregate. Make the customers happy. Econ 101

Flag Post

I do agree, but what i think needs to be implemented: Better Cards should be harder challenges

Flag Post

Buckley : Sure, KongreStaff make an amzing work on this website… Kongregate Still THE “youtube of flash games” for a loooong time… I predict it :p
But the question is not here…

We dont want MORE and NOW challenges and badges. No.

We are asking for a little higher value for next weekly challenge. It’s just that. It’s not a order, but a Request.

After, it’s only a decision of the staff…

French People like me said the same thing in the chat room “Grenouilles et Escargot” :)

Flag Post

You guys will forget you were ever without things to do once the card game comes out and theres more multiplayer stuff to do!

But still, Challenges can’t be too hard because if you can’t get the card it may be a long time before you have another shot, and they will be very important for the card game. I suspect Greg will make next weeks Challenge a little harder, but don’t expect it to be something really hard for you serious gamers.

About badge variety, all badges are created by 1 person at the moment, Greg. He also has other jobs, everyone here is doing lots of jobs actually :D

But like he said, if we rush the badges and don’t test them properly, we get buggy badges, and buggy badges turns into piles of E-mail, which we then have to answer when we could be working on more badges instead… Hm.. still though, glad you guys enjoy it :)

Flag Post

If you guys had not killed the points challenge, then the world would be round and shiny :/.

Flag Post

Please, please, please… Do NOT take it that I do not appreciate your hard work, and I know it is just that, hard. I admit it is in the beta stages that is why I am merely suggesting, not ordering or complaining… also I know the badges now equal points but consider making a 25 points “hard” challenge, and an impossible 45 points challenge and a super impossible or something… thats all I have on the subject… any other voices?

Also, I would like to say thanks to dami and greg for posting.

Flag Post

crazycruiser, we definitely want to know when our users are unhappy about something, and this post was made in a very constructive way. I didn’t mean to indicate that I felt otherwise — just sharing my side of things.

Flag Post

I remember once you made a thread asking for score suggestions for a past card challenge. It was the line game, and I think rings and rotazione. I think the line game eventually got replaced by particles, but I think it was a good idea to get some direct feedback from the users. Could we do that again for next week?

Flag Post

Hmm… I don’t think Kongregate should be rapid-firing badges, but some of the badges I have been earning lately have not worked for me. I earned over 12k points in Desktop Tower Defense 1.5 on the 100 and got no badge. Also, I had over 10 mil points in boxhead: 2play rooms before the change to the badge and I made it past level 42. Still, I got no badge. I appreciate all the awesome greg badge-card-ness, and I know that greg has to work hard to give us badges, but I think the card challenges should be a little bit harder (I took about as much time as crazy on the card) and the badges should work better. Still, you are doing a great job! \(O_O)/

Flag Post

Greg, I was talking to buckley there, but again thanks for all you have done!

Flag Post

THANKS FOR YOUR AWESOMENESS GREG!!!

Flag Post

Perhaps you should follow your own lead from the badges. Make “Easy” Challenges for less amazing cards, and “Hard” challenges for AMAZING cards.

Flag Post

It’s not quite whether one card is better than another, but that its efficiency is dependant on how you use it. At least I think so.

Flag Post

Quality not quantity, that’s what i want.

Flag Post

What,you guys want to make cards which are so totally over the top and can pwn any card in the surface?

That’s not how the other card-games work :/.

REMEMBER, that we only seen the front part of the cards! We haven’t seen the attacks on the behind part yet :O.

Flag Post

What,you guys want to make cards which are so totally over the top and can pwn any card in the surface?

Nah, but maybe a card that is slightly better with a harder challenge for it would be cool.

Flag Post

I agree with Indie. Though i really have no problem with the system as it is, my only complaint would be the fact that badges are only updated occasionally rather than frequently. But since this is apparently an issue being worked on, i’ll manage…

Flag Post

Creating challenges and badges involves the cooperation of developers, so its not something Kongregate can just handle on its own in its own desired timespan.

Flag Post

~~~~~~

Or perhaps, 2 versions of the challenge. Say in any given game – 10,000 points gets you the level 1 card, 20,000 points the level 2 card (more attack strength, HP etc), 30,000 points the Level 3 card (maxed out, maybe special ability)

You can only own the highest card you have “Earnt” by by playing the game, so say the first time you play you get 11,239 score, you get the level 1 card and add it to your deck for immediate play. If At any time in the future you get a higher score, E.G 25,647, you get the level 2 card and it replaces the current one in your deck.

~~~~~

Flag Post

I don’t know, I do however think they should bring back the hard points challenges… I do think that the challenges should be much harder, and the badges should come out all at once… instead of slowly, and I think they should use the “News” on the homepage to say stuff besides the contest winners, like 4 new badges planned for the week of the 15th or something… to keep you updated…

This of course is just my opinion…

Flag Post

Well they can’t “Plan” them… If there’s a game that can have a badge, it just gets one.