Forums Kongregate

What are your opinions, solutions or ideas? page 2

33 posts

Flag Post

They have to test it, work out bugs etc… so I see no reason they can’t stockpile 2-3 at least and then release them…

Flag Post

Anymore opinions?

Flag Post

When you’re a programmer or/and a community manager of Kongregate, you’ll understand.

Flag Post

my two penneth

when i joined Kongregate (shortly after the last stand card challenge) the weekly challenge did appear difficult – newgrounds rumble card was challenging in parts and certainly in endurance – it does seem to me that more recently getting a card does not really involve any commitment, just a quick bash at a game on a friday morning for 5 minutes.

In terms of badges I understand all the difficulties in releasing them without bugs etc. I have all the badges and when a new one appears it is great because there is a challenge again. What I would appeal for is an increased selection of impossible and hard badges to keep the more patient (or skilled) gamers challenged and contented.

Flag Post

I guess withholding badges is impractical, but I suggest some more impossible ones… like 200 seconds in Balance Balls 2 or something… anyway, that’s just what I think.

If anyone else has anymore opinions feel free to post… Also, what would you guys think if I made a topic about badge suggestions (like the one already made) but keep updating the first post with ideas, or I’ll try to find the creator of the topic and suggest the same.. Well, have a good night and lets hope this next challenge is harder… and preferably encompasses many games! I love those types :P

Flag Post

i just want new badges. there hasnt been any lately

Flag Post

I believe ArcaneCoder already touched on this subject, but from my limited understanding, Kongregate has to have the developer upload certain in-game programs (API implementation? Sorry—I don’t know the exact way it works) in order to create a game badge. Sometimes, there isn’t a way to make the game track for high score, or level, or whatever the idea for the achievement is. In short, I’m sure Kong has plenty of badge ideas they are eager to create, but aren’t able to for technical reasons or because they aren’t able to get in touch with the developer.

Flag Post

I know what you are saying, and I hear you… but there has to be some games that don’t have badges that could get them??? I mean in two weeks we have gotten 2 badges, that could be poor judgment on their part thinking they would get plenty of games with this API (what is that exactly) and make badges for them… Anyway, challenge is just as week as ever… Please make the challenges more difficult… or even better… easier challenges for power up cards (what are they called again) and harder challenges for much coveted Character cards… Also, @ ineedananswer, is there anyway you could elaborate, we are having a discussion, not at all like the petition where you might write “I want more badges… I sign it!” so please express what you think and edit your post, when I get back tomorrow, if there is nothing here about API, I will look it up and see what I find.

Thanks to all who have shared their opinions…

~~~~Bradley

Note that more posts are welcomed on the subject.