Forums Kongregate

Unity web player games suck! page 2

68 posts

Flag Post

Make jetpack go up. o-o

Make WASD controls.

Flag Post

The jetpack does go up as far as I know. Does it not work for you?
Configurable controls will be in eventually – we’ll probably add it as a patch.

Flag Post

9/10 unity games crash on start for me.

Flag Post

In my opinion the two months were very short to make a good game. I tried it and I am very happy with the result. As the game is way too short, it has been called a preview . But I am seriously planning to bring a longer and better version out. That’s my personal point of view, but I expect that it is true for severel others as well.

Flag Post

@Andrea_S: Most definitely. I only found out about the competition about two weeks before the deadline, so I’m really happy with what I ended up with, considering I had to do all the art and programming myself.

So long as it does fair to middling, I don’t see why it couldn’t keep getting better. (Well, after the contest is judged and I can upload new versions again)

Flag Post

@Gargerath, I also believe it is going to be better and better…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xyphien:

Sir or Ma’am, please watch the language as there are many minors on this forum. This forum isn’t for ranting, and I’d suggest you don’t do so. If people do not like a game, then they rate it a low star rating. There really isn’t any point to ranting on about a game you don’t like, simply rate it the stars you think it deserves. I understand your point, but please don’t rant like this.

On another note, graphics can play an important part of a game, but I’d say they all work together. As an example, how many people do you think would buy a game…like “Call of Duty:Black Ops”, for example. If the game hadn’t been released in HD, or had graphics similar to Halo? The game may increase, or decrease in sales. It all depends on the story, graphics, and contorls together.

Watch the games you make as there are minors on this site. LOL NOOB. look at the the dirt mind game you made.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Micr0Gamer15:
Originally posted by WiiPlayer113:

Sir or Ma’am, please watch the language as there are many minors on this forum.

The rating of this website is PG-13, not G.

However, there isn’t Parental advisory over this whole forum, is there? I’d prefer not to get into a debate with you, but users must watch their language on here.

Direct quote from the Moderator Guidelines:

Originally posted by Moderator Guidelines (Greg wrote them):

Kongregate is not a children’s site, and it’s not meant to be kept squeaky-clean.

My point is proven. There’s a game called “Don’t Shit Your Pants” too, and it even has a badge.

Well thanks too you guys on here, Guess what my 5 year old friend called me, She said “Your a bitch.” Just because I tripped as I was helping her carry her food to the playroom. and she even said to me “Hold on I gotta shit!”

Thanks alot. A tone, Awesome. Now shes gonna grow up saying the F word.

Flag Post

First; Compare any game made by an independent developer with one made by, for example, Armor Games. What do you expect? Who do you think will win when you compare what one person does in his free time versus a team of people who get paid by the hour?

Second; Most Unity Games are created by independent developers. I’d like to see a studio like Armor Games take a crack at Unity. I think we all would.

Third; There was a contest recently, which caused a LOT of developers to release their apps in an unfinished version, or to not include all the features or refinement that they would have wanted. I’ll politely ask that you don’t judge Unity games that have come out in February, particularly, when you say they are low quality.

Thanks.

Flag Post

Graphics=playability?

Flag Post

Give it some time. Now that Unity has a popular game portal to deploy to, it will attract more devs — the market was somewhat lackluster for Unity web games until now.

Flag Post

Unity is currently working on a export to flash option, thanks to Adobe’s public beta of Molehill (FP 11) being released. Flash Player will be incredibly powerful when FP 11 is released. Capable of handing xx,xxx to xxx,xxxx polygons at ease.

Flag Post

Some of these Unity games are so awesome though. o_o
I agree that we might get one too many of the “test” files where there’s no gameplay, but that’s just so people can see what Unity’s like.
Give these developers some time, and I’m sure they’ll start pumping out some great 3D games.
Maybe even myself, one of these days.

Flag Post

i personally love these, love graphics. any of u played “bullseye”? great game, dont know what ur talking about. plus it takes up like 80kb, barely anything and less than 1sec to download. the games are definately better than flash, theyre as close as you can get to x-box, i think.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DaEnialator:

i personally love these, love graphics. any of u played “bullseye”? great game, dont know what ur talking about. plus it takes up like 80kb, barely anything and less than 1sec to download. the games are definately better than flash, theyre as close as you can get to x-box, i think.

Thanks for mentioning that Bullseye game. Favorited :)

Flag Post

you guys have to keep in mind that most of the unity games available right now are either betas or WIP. they aren’t complete products. the developers are still getting used to the program, and most are tests. they all want to hear fan feedback, so they can make better games for their next ones. i suggest you guys use your powers for good rather than evil, tell the developers what you want, and let them make it rather than get angry at some pretty new tech

Flag Post

Unity is still relatively new. Give it some time when the devs can actually refine their work.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Noddles:

9/10 unity games crash on start for me.

Thats their main problem atleast for me

Flag Post

Although this is an old thread, I want to ask you who experience 90% crashes on Unity games, what browser were you using when it crashed?

Flag Post

Always crashes when I try to load a unity game in Chrome. :/

Flag Post

I’d say that the best Unity game I’ve played is Accelerator. :P

Flag Post

You can give me decent graphics on any game just as long as the game play is HIGH! If the game play isn’t there it gets a 1 star from me every single time. If the game play is high then I give it a 5 star.

You are right with the new 3d crap… visuals are nice and all, but the games are seriously lacking…

Flag Post

the graphics are fine but it doesn’t lag your computer just sucks balls.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AWESOMEMAKER:

Ok guys, i know Unity brings 3D to online gaming, next level of technology etc.
But what about games that were made lately using this technology?
(Im talking about 3,5-4 stars+)
Ok they are nice, and made in 3D, but the way the game is made, (mechanisms, balance, innovations, relpay value etc etc etc) are worth 1 star, or even less compared to what normal games can offer (For example compare unity Tower Defences with normal ones, with the same star rating).

Unity games devs!
Please, **** the graphics,
Dont let the new (great) technology remain a pretty curiosity instead of real games.

(Btw, there are a few exceptions from what im saying. Its just the overall trend im observing)

Hmm… Havent you noticed? They made an open source version of the old counter strike. Is it bad now?

Flag Post

Dude, this thread is over a year old.