Forums Kongregate

An Article About Kongregate

7 posts

Flag Post

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/342826/kongregate_play_free_online_games_upload.html

I wrote an Article on Kongregate and today it got published on Associated Content. Tell me what you think.

Flag Post

Please go there and rate it… if it allows you to without an account I’m not sure… If there is anyone else here who uses AC i’d like to ask them some questions about it.

Flag Post

I wanted to Vote 3.5/5. It’s okay, but not very long or detailed. And yet it’s still not brief or concise.

Ya know what I’m sayin’? lol.

Flag Post

Thanks for the review. I do know what you mean, but I wasn’t trying to go too in depth. It meant it to be about 1000 words, it was 940 i think. If I had gone more in depth it wouldn’t have been appealing because it would have seemed like a chore to read. I respect your opinion of course, and I might ask around to see if someone agrees, then I will re-write it. Thanks again!

Flag Post

It wasn’t bad – It just seemed like you covered say the first 3/4 paragraphs/sections of kong in much detail, then just skimmed over the rest.

Flag Post

Can you link in that article? Because starting off with a web address is a little odd. Also, I took the liberty to edit your first paragraph to make it a little smoother and quicker to get into. I hope you don’t mind.

www.kongregate.com is revolutionizing the free online flash games environment. This is a website for any Joe Bloggs that wants to upload their games. This might make you think it would be an environment full of terrible three-second flash games, like the YouTube of flash games. But this website breaks away from sites like www.addictinggames.com and www.armorgames.com with relatively simple yet revolutionary tactics.”

The first line and last line are great the way they are. It was just the bit in the middle that felt a bit rough. I did go a bit hack-and-slash on it, but then again, as a journalist I tend to do that by default :P

Flag Post

Thanks for the help Dabby. I was hoping that AC would help me get real writing advice from real journalists so apparently it worked. I wrote it too fast I suppose. I just read over it and saw “is” instead of “his” in the first paragraph! I do that all the time. And it probably was a bad idea to start with a URL.