Forums Kongregate

Unity Contest Announcement Delayed! New Date: March 8

40 posts

Flag Post

Oh look! It’s the Bad News Duck, bearing bad news. As you may have noticed, we’ve been running a bit behind with our Unity Contest announcement. So as to not leave you guys hanging, we’re officially pushing said announcement back. Here’s the new timeline:

The winners of the Unity Contest will be informed via e-mail by the end of the day (PST – sorry for those of you who live in the future!) tomorrow, Thursday, March 3rd.

The official public announcement will take place on Tuesday, March 8th.

Sorry to delay such a joyous event, but don’t we all love a bit of antici-

-pation?

Flag Post

I wanna know who won. :(

Flag Post

What I want to know is: how are the entries being judged? And by whom?

Flag Post

@tjace:
“The judges will review the Submissions based upon the following criteria: (1) best use of Unity Technology (33%); (2) creativity and innovation (33%); and (3) enjoyability (33%).”

Not sure by whom.

Flag Post

Probably SARAHC or whatever her name is won.

Flag Post

oh shit

Flag Post

i want to konow about it

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Will Unity games get badges?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vegard20:

Yeah, I think it’s mentioned before by one of the staffs.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ducklette:

Oh look! It’s the Bad News Duck, bearing bad news. As you may have noticed, we’ve been running a bit behind with our Unity Contest announcement. So as to not leave you guys hanging, we’re officially pushing said announcement back. Here’s the new timeline:

The winners of the Unity Contest will be informed via e-mail by the end of the day (PST – sorry for those of you who live in the future!) tomorrow, Thursday, March 3rd.

-pation?

noooo!!! the duck betrayed me!!! pulls out shotgun its duck hunting season! =D

Flag Post

Kongregate is dissapointing me, first the servers problems, and now this. It looks like nothing can be done to the date.

I wont blame Gamestop xD

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

Then the forum is going to be full of hater-threads.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zachary_Greene:
Originally posted by Ducklette:

-pation?

noooo!!! the duck betrayed me!!! pulls out shotgun its duck hunting season! =D

Rabbit season.

Flag Post

I mean, possibly. Consider that Unity doesn’t support Linux, the staffs will probably give it a second thought before making such decision.

Flag Post

I am wanting…

Flag Post

I mean, possibly. Consider that Unity doesn’t support Linux, the staffs will probably give it a second thought before making such decision.

That may not be the case for long CowFriend with Flash Player export option coming soon

Flag Post

uhm, why?

you mean cause the people who only want to play flash game will find this unfair ?
cause that would just be st… silly of them, I mean it’s not like they have to get all the badges.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Stef1987:

uhm, why?

you mean cause the people who only want to play flash game will find this unfair ?
cause that would just be st… silly of them, I mean it’s not like they have to get all the badges.

That’s one of the reasons, the other is Linux.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SamsterPoster:

I wanna know who won. :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by Drovoxx:

Probably SARAHC or whatever her name is won.

I hope not. Imho games which were developed long before the contest begun should be disqualified. Cancer Wars and Sahars Run are such examples, both of the games are older than 8 months (if you throw on a look at indiedb.com for example, there are some games which are also on Kongregate). I think that this isn’t really fair for a contest to submit games which have been in development months before the contest was even announced while others have to start from scratch.

I home the people on Kongregate takte this into account.

Flag Post

According to the rules, the time used to make the game isn’t a factor to be considered by judges, as it isn’t stated anywhere that the games should have been made during the time the contest was on, so “Sarah’s Run” should get its well-deserved victory.