Forums Kongregate

Kongregate, PowerUp Rewards, and You

117 posts

Flag Post

Some of you wonderfully astute people have probably already noticed that we have a brand new feature: You can now score PowerUp Rewards points on Kongregate! What does this mean? Well, if you’re a part of GameStop’s PowerUp Rewards program already, it means that you can get points towards cool real-life perks (like these and these) just for completing some super easy tasks on Kong!

What does this mean if you’re not a part of the PowerUp Rewards program already? Well, if you’re a US resident, you can easily fix that by signing up for the program at your nearest GameStop. You’ll then need to activate your account here by clicking on the “Activate” link and going through the steps provided. I know, kind of a lot of stuff. :P

However, once you do that, there are lots of ways to score PowerUp Rewards points right here on Kongregate. :) They include:

• Linking your Kongregate and PowerUp Rewards accounts for 250 points
  • Downloading our mobile app for 250 points – If you’ve already got the app, you should get this one retroactively.
  • Purchasing Kreds, for which you get about 1 point per Kred
  • Earning the Badge of the Day for double Kongregate points and either 5, 15, or 30 PowerUp Rewards points depending on the difficulty of the badge – already earned the badge in question? Just load up the game and get points upon points without lifting a finger.

Oh, and if you’re a PowerUp Rewards Pro member, you get 10% on top of everything I just said. Wewt!

It gets even better! Like a snake eating its own tail, spiraling into infinity, you can use your PowerUp Rewards points towards free Kreds! Yep. This, you may notice, is a particularly wise option if you got your PowerUp Rewards points from the purchase of Kreds. Find out more and ultimately get your Kreds right here.

If you have more questions about this whole process, check out our updated FAQ for more information. And you can also ask us here, what with this being a thread and all.

A Note to our Non-US Kongregators

Because GameStop has not started providing its PowerUp Rewards program to gamers living outside the US, we cannot yet offer you these cool new features. :( This pains us, because you’re a huge part of our site, we love you, and we know that part of what makes us so cool is that we have an international community. But alas, it’s just not yet possible for us to give you the awesomeness you so sorely deserve.

There are, however, a couple silver linings. For one thing, those of you living outside the US will not see anything on Kongregate pertaining to PowerUp Rewards. The absence of something we’re all talking about may be confusing at first, but we figured it would be downright cruel to tantalize you with goodies you couldn’t have. ;) If you’re curious, I’m sure there will be screenshots.

It’s also worth noting GameStop really wants to expand its PowerUp Rewards program to other nations where there are GameStop stores. This isn’t something we can guarantee – I couldn’t tell you when this would happen, or even promise you it will. But I do know it’s in the works and something we’d all like very much; if it does succeed then we can all look forward to the availability of PowerUp Rewards in Canada, Australia, and anywhere in Europe there’s a GameStop (or EBGames – I hear that’s Australian for “GameStop”). :)

The other silver lining (there’s yet another one!) is that, even if you’re not able to participate in PowerUp Rewards, you can participate in the Badge of the Day, and get double the Kongregate points every time you earn one!

I know this is a big (though largely awesome) change for us all, and I’m sure I’ve just hit the tip of the iceberg in explaining what’s what, so if you have any other questions, put ‘em here! We’re ready.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Kinda sucks I can’t take part in this, but I’m glad other people have access to this.
Even if I can’t redeem these “points”, am I still able to earn them?

Flag Post

Alright, good to hear. As for the non-US resident thing, it shouldn’t matter too much, I really don’t care personally, as it hasn’t hurt me in any way thus far that I haven’t been able to get anything off of Kongregate, so there’s no reason for it to now just because others can.

…if it does succeed then we can all look forward to the availability of PowerUp Rewards in Canada…

Though this looks nice.

Flag Post

You beat me to making a thread like this Ducklette

Flag Post

I just earned the Badge of the Day, but I’m not a PowerUp Rewards member. Once I become one, will I get those points, or have I lost them?

Also, do Kred purchases in the past give me PowerUp Rewards points, or only here onward?

Flag Post

Even if I can’t redeem these “points”, am I still able to earn them?

Unfortunately, you can’t earn PowerUp Rewards points unless you have an active PowerUp Rewards account. It would be kind of awesome if you could sort of horde them until the program showed up in your country, but I think that’s probably not a smart business practice. :P

You beat me to making a thread like this Ducklette .

I had some advanced notice. ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Babadingldoo:

I just earned the Badge of the Day, but I’m not a PowerUp Rewards member. Once I become one, will I get those points, or have I lost them?

Also, do Kred purchases in the past give me PowerUp Rewards points, or only here onward?

Only here onward, sorry!

Flag Post

Say if you miss yesterdays badge, can you still get that one? If you cant then that’s unfair since you released it at a time where people are sleeping. (Considering most of us are in America)

Flag Post
Originally posted by fdsasdf:

found a spelling error. its rewards not rwards, jeez

I blame greg Gamestop.

Flag Post

Thanks for the extra five points=D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Chapman2012:

Say if you miss yesterdays badge, can you still get that one? If you cant then that’s unfair since you released it at a time where people are sleeping. (Considering most of us are in America)

It’s a daily badge, hence only up for one day (the extra points that is, the badge itself is always up), and people in the US (and Canada evidently) are up at this time, I think you meant to say for people in time zones that are not around the same one that Kongregate is based off of (Pacific), in which case there’s really nothing that can be done, but there is a chance that people could find time to get on once a day if they really want to get the daily award (if you go on at the same time each day, regardless of where in the world you are, you will see each daily badge).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Chapman2012:

This first time out, the Badge of the Day will only be available for a couple of hours — until midnight our time (Pacific Time). Going forward, all the Badges of the Day will be up for a whole 24 hours, so people all around the world should have plenty of time to get to them :) They will update nightly at midnight PT.

If you happen to get disconnected from our servers and need to submit a missing achievement report you will get credited with your bonus points and PowerUp Rewards points when we award you with the badge, so long as you submit the report by 12:30 AM our time the next day.

Flag Post

Awesome. Now, if I want to get as many points as possible, I’m not allowed to stay away from Kongregate for more than a day :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by HappyAlcoholic:

Awesome. Now, if I want to get as many points as possible, I’m not allowed to stay away from Kongregate for more than a day :D

MUAHAHAHAHA our plan is working! :)

Flag Post

The administrators of this site are more cunning than I’d initially thought.

Flag Post

I’ve already been coming on basically every day, but this is just some extra incentive, and another bonus is that it will hopefully introduce some newer users to some long forgotten older badged games that are rarely played anymore.

Flag Post

What was your plan with PowerUp Rewards, giving us free money that we’ll just give back to you in Kred purchases, but those also give us PowerUp Rewards so you’re just giving money away? O.o

Flag Post

(or EBGames – I hear that’s Australian for “GameStop”).

It’s also Canadian for Gamestop ;(

Real bummed about the US only part, c’mon US! I thought we were like brothers!
Hopefully it will come to Canada/other countries, I’ll just have to wait it out, steaming in rage.

Flag Post

Wait, no impossible Badge of the Day?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Babadingldoo:

What was your plan with PowerUp Rewards, giving us free money that we’ll just give back to you in Kred purchases, but those also give us PowerUp Rewards so you’re just giving money away? O.o

We move in mysterious ways.

Flag Post

“…5, 15, or 30 PowerUp Rewards points depending on the difficulty of the badge”

No impossible badges of the day? This makes me sad :<

Flag Post
Originally posted by meltedbutter:

Wait, no impossible Badge of the Day?

Good gods, I hope not.
I couldn’t ask someone to earn any of these impossible badges in a single day :P
Though it’s definitely possible for a lot of them.

Flag Post

> Wait, no impossible Badge of the Day?

I’ve been on Kong for 4.5 years, and have no impossible badges. If we did impossibles it would have to be badge of the month, or semester, or generation, or some other long period of time. Unless you’re a cheater.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jimgreer:

> Wait, no impossible Badge of the Day?

I’ve been on Kong for 4.5 years, and have no impossible badges. If we did impossibles it would have to be badge of the month, or semester, or generation, or some other long period of time. Unless you’re a cheater.

I’m fine with monthly. I have 23 impossible badges, so that’ll last me for almost 2 years :)