Forums Kongregate

Anyone speak Chinese?

24 posts

Flag Post

We got a nice influx of users yesterday, and more coming in today. I think they are mostly from Taiwan (according to their browser language settings).

Anyway, I made a Chinese room called 龍的巢穴. If anyone speaks Chinese and wants to hang out in there and get a converstation going/help new users, you would earn my undying gratitude!

Flag Post

Kannushi! Get to that room!

I speak Chinese too, but I don’t have a translator :P.

Flag Post

A serious question : I can’t type Chinese in Kongregate chat window. What should I do?

(The Chinese letters always disappear after I type them. :S)

Flag Post

Yeah, sorry about that. We need to fix this… I guess it’s kind of pointless having a chinese room until we do.

Flag Post

Most Chinese PC users can read Chinese in English characters no?

like “ni hao” and
“bu zen meyang”

etcetera. Dunno, I played games with a lot of mainland players, and they seemed to do fine. My friend from Taiwan always helped me translate.

Flag Post

Please tell me that room name dosn’t mean pride.

Flag Post

I can’t see chinese/japanese characters on my computer, they just show up as squares. Can anyone point out to me how to make them display properly?

Flag Post

@edit

Control Panel > Regional Language Settings > Enable East Asian Language

Flag Post

like “ni hao” and “bu zen meyang”

Someday I’ll learn what “ni hao” means… http://www.darklegacycomics.com/38.html

Flag Post

Zu wo, Greg!!!!

Flag Post

“Ni Hao” means “Hello!” in Chinese if you need to know :P.

Flag Post

Lolz, I speak Chinese.

EDIT: Hey guys, my free NJTranslator (Which bugs me if I don’t pay it) won’t work. It can read Chinese but won’t let me write it. And I don’t have my Windows SP 2 :’(

Flag Post

>Most Chinese PC users can read Chinese in English characters no?

Can I say I can’t? :(

Flag Post

Now I know better Kannushi :D

Guess it’s just more common MMOs where people need to communicate so they figure out a way to do it.

Flag Post

i can read chinese! …well at least most of the basic characters, pinying will be easier to moderate =P i’ll hang out in there when i’m online

Flag Post

>Yeah, sorry about that. We need to fix this… I guess it’s kind of pointless having a Chinese room until we do.

There are 2 solutions to solve this problem,however both of them have side-effects. (but not so serious)

1.Embed Chinese font in chat typing field. (But we’ll have to wait longer before chat window load)

2.Use system default font(font that start with a underscore). (But you have to give up the anti-alias effect in typing field)

Flag Post

Allow unicode :P Just make sure you escape characters like <

Flag Post

I don’t know but me NJ Translator won’t make me write Chinese letters. I just can read it then…

Flag Post

i speak english, spanish, italian, french, japanese, portuguese, greek, but chinese… not

Flag Post

please stop reviving dead threads dexmente

Flag Post

Is the chat likely to change to let us type in Chinese any time soon?

Oh, the room name means “Dragon’s house”.

Flag Post

Ni Hao means “You Good”

^^

“Type In Chinese Online”: http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~zxie3/ime.html

你们能看这些字吗? <- testing

Flag Post

>你们能看这些字吗?

我可以! XD

(Translate : Can you read these texts? Yes,I can!)

dazzer : The link is invalid. :(

Flag Post

I think he meant to paste this link

Very useful!