Forums Kongregate

About Copy-righted Music...

12 posts

Flag Post

Oh noez, I’m beingz seriouz in zuch a zorum.

I know this should be in Music but I ask…

Some Kongregate and Newgrounds Flash has copy-righted music. Do you think we should delete the flash?

I hate the law of copy-righted music but even so, we have to abide by it. For me, if there is some Shakira or Mika song that has no permission from the musician or the publisher, delete (Or in the case of NG, blow da whistle!).

Flag Post

Hmm lets see, i would think that if its copy-righted and you dont have permission then it should be deleted. Only god knows what would happen if just that “one” person saw there own music on here and got angry about it.

Flag Post

Well, the NG Audio Portal is a great way to get free and un-copyrighted music.

Flag Post

Well if someone takes the music from there it shoudnt matter correct? Im sure theres always that one freak who would go crazy if there stuff is taken.

Flag Post

As long as it’s free and un-copyrighted music. Yay!

Flag Post

Exactly. Wowowowow. =]
Free and un-copyrighted music ftw. =]

Flag Post

Shh, not too loud.

I can hear the RIAA. D:

Flag Post

NG Audio Portal is perfect for games, yep.

Flag Post

I know that some copyright music can be use under some specific rules. (ex : put their license link in your game.)

Flag Post

erm, there is not such thing as “un-copyrighted” music. that wouldn’t even make sense… you create original music, you automatically have the copyright for it [unless its work for hire, in which case copyright is with the party hiring]. there is only music where the owner(s) of the copyright refrain from enforcing their rights AND furthermore allow others to make use of their original work of art without monetary compensation.
i guess that is what you mean with “free and un-copyrighted music”.

laws about this differ from country to country, but in general kongregate should make clear [and i’m damn sure that they are making it clear] that they accept submissions on bias that all copyrights are held by submitter. additionally i would advise kongregate and its community to draw attention to material where copyrights might not have been cleared adequately, going so far as to remove such entries [even when in doubt].

save you a lot of hassle, trust me.

Flag Post

By “Copyrighted” we mean pretty much “Not licensed under Creative Commons”, I think.

Flag Post

Well, some game sites like Miniclip.com offer their games to other people. Say, N Game which is free-to-share and free-to-upload (Except Kongregate).

Copyrighted crap comes in three varieties, Creative Commons (Which you always see on Wikimedia), Self-Copyright-ism, and commercial purposes.