Forums Kongregate

"Latest games" malfunctioning?

11 posts

Flag Post

Lately, I’ve noticed that whenever I go to select “latest games”, to look at recently uploaded games, there are random games that aren’t so recent, or the games would be out of order. What I mean is that I’d see something from today, something uploaded in March, then something uploaded a few days ago. I’m not sure what is going on, but it is quite inconvenient. Has anyone else experienced this?

Flag Post

ya there are some but most are just game updates

Flag Post

Ah, I thought that it was possibly game updates, but I wasn’t sure.

Flag Post

There was a bug before where games were sorted by publish date rather than upload date. In other words, if you uploaded a game and left it in a preview state for a couple of weeks, then hit “publish,” no one would see it because it would never have been on the first page of the latest games.

Unfortunately, when we changed it to sort by publish date rather than upload date, this also caused game updates to get sorted to the front as well.

Flag Post

greg, is it not possible to change it to list in order of first publish date?

If this variable doesn’t exist for older games you could create it and set it to be most recent publish date for these games. This would mean that all new games get listed in appropriate order, and no olders games ‘jump the queue’. no?

I guess it wreaks of effort.

Flag Post

scrap that. Just get the card game out pronto.

please.

Flag Post

yeah thats really annoying, chatmaster is almost always in the first 3, and thats not fair!

Flag Post

greg, is it not possible to change it to list in order of first publish date?

This is indeed the plan.

Flag Post

Uh-Oh.Greg, what happens if this whole thing goes into a flux and people are just re-submitting games just to get it on top of the list?

Flag Post

Greg, I got negative reviews because of your sorting…

Flag Post

>Uh-Oh.Greg, what happens if this whole thing goes into a flux and people are just re-submitting games just to get it on top of the list?

If some people use this bug to “push” their game to the top of the list,they can earn more $$ due to extra pageviews.

Fix it,sir. It’s not a hard job,reset the setting to before where games were sorted by publish date rather than upload date. Then fix the program in “publish” section.