Forums Kongregate

the mods....

53 posts

Flag Post
Yay,spammy morons come too disturb my fav chat channel. What does the mod have too do? Play "Ban the moron"Nice neat and clean. Yeah right. Truth be told most mods while they do ban abusive users,ect. There's allways the inevidable "lulz huuuuuuuuur modz b bad lololol" Normally with the moronic user making fun of the poor person's name before eventually buying the banstick. There are 2 things we need here. 1) Instead of when someone who mods logs on give them a "Announcement" option Instead of Moron a: lolololol Moron b:kk Username a commenting on something unrelated : Pie is good. Then having the mod say that they are banned or such. instead...... Moderator has banned ___________, No username and folks see at least the amount of work that goes into it. 2)Change the chat system. How you ask? When you signed up for here you had two things: 1) a love of games. 2)a e-mail account. ------------------------ What does that have too do with anything? When someone "raids" the site they create new accounts using IP blockers, and fake e-mail addresses. Then if it's hotmail or some other Ban the email address after a time. My ideas. Post comments.

Flag Post

Who is the moderator?

That is absurd… Off-topic messages are ok as long they’re not that spammy. Just a warn will do the trick.

Flag Post

Ironic that most users tend to try insulting the spammers and berate the mods.
No this is’nt so much the punishment side of the issue but more too protect Mod’s “Public” image.
Also do folks even fully read my posts? O.o

Flag Post

This is hilarious. I’m a moderator and seeing this kind of issue makes me go to my serious personality lolz.

Anyway, the moderator has broken the guidelines! I repeat, he/she/it broke the guidelines!

The room must be specified and so is the moderator.

Flag Post

No,Names are not needed.

Just feedback over the points i have made will do.

Flag Post

We will like to scold the moderator >:(

The points have been debated at the secret mod forums.

Flag Post

Well Then may i ask that the thread be moved too the public forums so we can discuss it?
And for the record,Warnings are given but without “moderator warning: Stop spamming” Ect.
Folks tend not too notice.

Flag Post

We can’t. It’s in another domain due to Greg who is useless lollerz.

Flag Post

hmm, it depends on the content of the off-topic subject your first post was a little mixed to me if it was inappropriate I can sense why they were banned, If not I agree the mod should have been more lenient but they do not have to give out 3 warnings like most presume. If that helps…

Flag Post

Copy and paste please JudeMaverick.
Also the mod is’nt at fault.
We’ve all seen these types of bannings.
You know the same type of person who goes into chat too say this “important message”.
Moron:1
Mod: stop please.
And you know how that one ends,right?

Flag Post
Yay,spammy morons come too disturb my fav chat channel. What does the mod have too do? Play “Ban the moron”Nice neat and clean. Yeah right. Truth be told most mods while they do ban abusive users,ect. There’s allways the inevidable “lulz huuuuuuuuur modz b bad lololol” Normally with the moronic user making fun of the poor person’s name before eventually buying the banstick. There are 2 things we need here. 1) Instead of when someone who mods logs on give them a “Announcement” option Instead of Moron a: lolololol Moron b:kk Username a commenting on something unrelated : Pie is good. Then having the mod say that they are banned or such. instead……

Moderator has banned _, No username and folks see at least the amount of work that goes into it.
2)Change the chat system. How you ask? When you signed up for here you had two things: 1) a love of games. 2)a e-mail account.

What does that have too do with anything? When someone “raids” the site they create new accounts using IP blockers, and fake e-mail addresses. Then if it’s hotmail or some other Ban the email address after a time. My ideas. Post comments.

I read this three times.

I have no idea what this means, can you dumb it down for me? :)

Flag Post

Overall?
I’m asking for a “annoucment” for bannings so folks can basiclly stop bitching in chat (and stop yelling at the mod).
Also the E-mail idea is too help stop folks who would “raid” us.
Dumbed down it would be 125 less folks who join all in one day to harass and lambast and bother us,

Flag Post

Copy and paste please JudeMaverick

LOLOLOLOLOL! It’s soooo big and we pretty much joked (Indie and Greg’s problems with AIM lolz) about random stuff. But that will be too much and it’s a “secret mod forum”. Only we can discuss it, not you guys.

It’s hard but I’m trying to interpret this cryptic code.

z0mg, spammers are here! The mod banned the spammer. But people will criticize the mod. Two things we need here: Instead of someone who mods logs(?!?!), just give them the announcement feature instead of just saying it normally. (Say, a sticky is more important than normal forum topics).

The others, I have no idea…

EDIT: So I was right for the first part lolz.

Flag Post

Wonderfull.
So… now that we know it’s debated over there can we get a ETA on impementation?
Or is this one of those,long standing things with most of you split down the middle?

Flag Post

Ask arcaneCoder or Greg :P

That’s beyond my knowledge. All I know we’re debating about boring features and users such and such…

Flag Post

Allright. Thank you for all the info.
I’ll be pesterinbg greg about this one,

Flag Post
Overall? I’m asking for a “annoucment” for bannings so folks can basiclly stop bitching in chat (and stop yelling at the mod). Also the E-mail idea is too help stop folks who would “raid” us. Dumbed down it would be 125 less folks who join all in one day to harass and lambast and bother us,

I see, thank you.

I think the only way you could curb the raid problem is to make a 24 hr waiting period and/or a level 2 restriction on chat rooms.

You could also “verify” email addresses by sending an activation code or link to the given email address.

Flag Post

Free hotmails lollerz.

Flag Post

Pretty much.
But it’s worth a shot considering those who raid us are not umm…..
How do you say?
“As bright as a wet match in a damp cave”.

Flag Post
Free hotmails lollerz.

It prevents instant access to the site.

Pretty much. But it’s worth a shot considering those who raid us are not umm….. How do you say? “As bright as a wet match in a damp cave”.
And there’s that, keeps out the dim bulbs.

Flag Post

why not create a new easier to use report a user system.

Flag Post

I think the only way you could curb the raid problem is to make a 24 hr waiting period and/or a level 2 restriction on chat rooms. You could also “verify” email addresses by sending an activation code or link to the given email address.

I agree. I personally want some sort of restriction on instant chat, though I think email verification would be more annoying than effective.

We’re also planning to have some kind of announcement in chat about bans, along with giving users the ability to vote on whether the ban was justified. No ETA on an implementation of this sort of thing, though.

Flag Post

Why voting?
You made them mods all should trust them right? :/

Flag Post

A ban voting system would be horribly abused imo. People could have friends or alts bail them out.

Flag Post

Ayep.
The abuse of that is nearly unlimited.