Forums Kongregate

Badges (locked)

23 posts

Flag Post

I hate to be the one to do this, but there has only been a badge or two every week. And the card game was supposed to be out 3 moths ago. And yesterday, Greg said there were going to be some new badges. So I figured he was making about 4 badges, so I didn’t complain yesterday. But If I knew that he was just going to make one little badge, I wouldv’e made this topic yesterday. I know your all going to hate me for this, but I just want Greg to see this.

Flag Post

Already 2 Topics on it….

You see at top of KONGREGATE logo ? It’s Write : BETA !

Badges and Challenges is not a Priority ! Let Greg do his work and be Patient….

Flag Post

I think it is a priority. And what does Beta have to do with making badges? Many people only like kongregate for the badges. And I would hate for them to leave from the lack of badges. And I understand greg has many things to do. I just want him to add badges to his prioritys.

Flag Post

There are 53 badges Already, i think it’s a great number for a new member …

Flag Post

Dxrules it’s still better than it was before when you had one challenge per week worth between 25-60 points along with the card, so when you got done getting the card you were already half way through getting the points. Emily has been saying everyones focused on getting the card game polished and out. So badges will probably becoming out just about as fast as they are right now. And besides I see you don’t have all the badges so why don’t your try getting the others too? If you want to complain about P.O.D not working, go to indieflasharcade’s website beat the game over there and take a screenshot and send it over to damijin he’ll more than likely award you points for it.

Flag Post

I never complained about POD and I have been trying to get those badges. And do you have a guess on when the card game will be out. Because as soon as that comes out, badges will be coming out regularly again.

Flag Post

I know you weren’t complaining about P.O.D put if you were thats how to solve it. As far as a ETA time I doubt they will release one because the last time they did and they didn’t make it. And got swarmed with a bunch of angry users sending emails,writing topics in the forums, talking about it in chat wondering where the game was. So I’m going to assume they are going to take the other road and keep you in the dark as to when it’s suppose to come out. Just know when it does its going to be better than any badge Greg can muster (no offense Greg).

Flag Post

other thing is that maybe there isnt much badge worthy games with KongAPI left…

Flag Post

ok but one last question. What does Beta have to do with lack of badges?

Flag Post

This site being in beta means that the staff are going to be working on a lot more things then when the site actually gets out of beta. For example: Right now they are working on the card games, getting ArcaneCoder to do an IRC chat (don’t quote me on that), making badges, and making new features to further the site. While in the future when the site is out of beta the card game will already be out, arcane may have and IRC chat or something like that done, you’ll have some more badges, and pretty much all the features they want to have will already be added. So where does that leave the work force of Kongregate left to do? Well, they can focus more on making badges. They might even have more than one person to do it once the site gets out of beta. While the others can do maintenance on servers and update already added features. So in short they’ll have more time to make new badges than they do now because they wont be fiddling around with other stuff as it will already be done.

Flag Post

Meaning that since the site is beta, they have to focus all their energy into fixing bugs and making new features for the site. So they don’t have enough time to put much effort into more badges.
EDIT: Oops, posted same time Cmurda did… Ah well, I like his post more =D

Flag Post

Haha thanks Malachi we’ll use yours as the shorten version =]

Flag Post

Ohh. Damn beta.

Flag Post

Don’t worry its not going to stay beta forever, once the card game is out and running smoothly I have a feeling Kongregate will slowly be rolling to its final beta stages.

Flag Post

I know, but I dont think the card game will come out any time soon.

Flag Post

>Don’t worry its not going to stay beta forever

Having “beta” on the site name is the common feature on a Web 2.0 site. :)

It means that new features may come out at anytime,and it’s endless.

Flag Post

Sorry I didn’t know (sniffles)

Flag Post

nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will quit kongregate in a week it there isnt over 3 new badges starting today!

Flag Post

sweet. You quiting Kongregate and the Baconators is like awsome N’ stuff.

Flag Post

You will Quit Kongregate, What a Great News, We need less Spammers….

Flag Post

Sheesh, stop asking for new badges all the time. The last thing ANYONE wants is more repeats of the Boxhead incident.

Flag Post

What boxhead inncident? And as for Maxuja, and Darth Nader’s comments, Ill stay thanks to them.Congrats, you screwed up Kongregate!

Flag Post

I hate to be the one to do this

I dont believe that, you also arent, seeing as several of these threads and yours is the newest. Use the existing threads.