Forums Kongregate

Welcome Back Kongregate Staff and those who attended PAX

18 posts

Flag Post

I know it’s probably early, I think they have a day left but I’m bored and have to start College.Anyways, It’s not the same without having Damijin in the van, Greg and Emily answering forum posts and what not. For those of you that did go to Pax how did it go was the kong booth awesome?!? Share anything thats cool. But at any measure welcome back Kong staff you were missed……..Now get back to work! =P

Flag Post

Yes. I want ma card game. And also, how did Greg’s booth babe-ing go? :P

Flag Post

I miss having greg in barrens… I havent been able to practice my extreme greg calling lately…

Flag Post

The card game was amazing. Also, those who wanted the card game videoed — no reason to. Right now the game really has very little animation, so what you see is more or less what you got. Greg was pretty hot, granted, but he was also pretty much unstoppable at the game. I think he only lost a few times. They had big ol’ (K) buttons and print cards of Helene, Tafari (Although the cards have a typo and say Tarafi), Cain Solomon, and Rumiko. Also, if all goes according to plan, entering in the code on the back of them gives a special promo PAX edition of Tafari… I think I’m about to have 45 limited edition Tafaris :P

Uhm… the big plasma was amazing, and at one point Jim started playing Fancy Pants on it in an interview with I believe MSNBC. Emily’s really short in real life… Tafari was kinda imbalanced the first day but they fixed him…. and I would post all the stats on the cards I remember, but I think if the staff was okay with it, they’d do it themselves.

Just know this. The card game is going to be super-competitive, and is all about mind games. For example, with the range changing — let’s say I’ve got Helene the Swordstress out, an entirely close-range character (no long-range attacks). They bring out Andromeda the Archer, an entirely long-range character (has one weeeaaaak close-range attack, does like 12 damage). At this point, we’re at close range. Understandably, they’re going to try to move out to make it long-range. However, if you see this coming and choose close range, the two cancel and you stay where you are , which is close range. I hope I explained that well, since that bit turns out pretty awesome when you’re playing.

Flag Post

I hope somebody explains why Tafari was broken. Did his typo make him strong somehow, with some “take random letter from name” attack?

Flag Post

Has anyone made some photos at the PAX Kongregate booth and would like to upload to Flickr or somewhere else?

Flag Post

Hitaro — Tafari was borked because he had a two move attack combo that was cheap energy-wise, made it so that he was hard to hit, and then on the second turn hit for 62 damage at the fastest speed in the game. It’s still in, but now they made it cost a loooot more.

Flag Post

It was amazing. I’m so proud to have my Rumiko the Ninja card for real, and my Tafari branded with the PAX symbol. Also the card game looks really fun, and yes I agree Greg was unstoppable. I feel sorry for all you guys who couldnt go.

Flag Post

Whew, finally back. The staff is taking Monday off, also. I don’t think we’ve ever worked as hard as we did during this “weekend.”

Greg was pretty hot, granted, but he was also pretty much unstoppable at the game. I think he only lost a few times.

Damn straight, I’m unstoppable against people who’ve never played the game before! Actually, aside from just walking people through the game, my loss to you was my only loss the whole weekend. Congrats! I didn’t play any of the other staff, but I played a few people who qualified for the tournament, and a few of them came pretty close.

I hope somebody explains why Tafari was broken.

Tafari used to be ridiculously powerful in our playtesting. We nerfed him a lot before PAX, but apparently we didn’t nerf him enough, as he was still dominating. So, yeah, we just increased the energy cost of one of his combos a bit.

Has anyone made some photos at the PAX Kongregate booth and would like to upload to Flickr or somewhere else?

A lot of pictures and some video were taken, and they’ll probably be posted at some point. I didn’t take any myself, though.

Overall it was lots of fun, but I’m also very tired, so no elaboration for now.

Flag Post

I feel sorry for all you guys who couldnt go.

We had a big party in The Van for those who didn’t go to PAX! It rules whenever Damijin’s not around :D. We should do that again next year!

PS: Do not let Damijin know that we had a 50-tier cake. Pronto. And a DDR Competition :P.

Flag Post

I am having the envy. A load of random convention people get to play but we have to sit here and wait. >:(

Flag Post

Greg cheated lolz.

Flag Post

I am having the envy. A load of random convention people get to play but we have to sit here and wait.

No, it means that we’re the users who starts off as the people who don’t know how to play the game! (And it means that we’ll avoid the people who played the game before :P.)

So overall, that means the people who played the game before and said that they played it are overall’g saying that they know the game, which means that if we don’t want to get pwned because we don’t know how, we shouldn’t play with them!

Then again, once we know how to play the game, we’ll join them, and the other new players will not play with us, which is pretty saddening! So, that means that sooner or later, there’ll be no more new users to play the game, due to them not being able to play with others!

But however, if 2 new people join at the same time, it means that they’ll be able to play, and them more new people join, and…ah crud, even I’m getting confused!

Flag Post

lol I really wish I got to go to PAXGOOO GREG!!! \(O_O)/ 720 GREG BOMB DROP!!!

Flag Post

I went to PAX… but I died and ressurected at home.

Flag Post

Damn straight, I’m unstoppable against people who’ve never played the game before!

I broke your streak :D

Flag Post

The card game was great, I met a bunch of admins and hung out with damijin (Mike). Jim & Emily (the creators) were really nice, and after playing it, I just want the card game MORE. People who are able to should definitely check out PAX whenever they can.

Flag Post

whaa! you had print cards with special promos!!!!! I’ll pay 5 bucks for you to mail me one!