Forums Kongregate

Does kongregate suck or rock? page 15

373 posts

Flag Post

6.5/10

I don’t like the huge influx of F2P browser MMO’s as of late. Most of them aren’t very good and their terribleness is exacerbated by the pay to win microtransaction system.

I understand that the whole point of the site is to bring people together, but there’s got to be a better way to do it.

Flag Post

10/10 this site is more than awesome its better than armorgames well that’s my opinion

Flag Post
Originally posted by zomgcookies:

6.5/10

I don’t like the huge influx of F2P browser MMO’s as of late. Most of them aren’t very good and their terribleness is exacerbated by the pay to win microtransaction system.

I understand that the whole point of the site is to bring people together, but there’s got to be a better way to do it.

+1

I’m greatfull that Kong is close-knit and I’m greatfull to be a part of it, but I see it slipping away fast for 3 main reasons.

1. MMO P2P influx.
2. Lack of, or no response from staff increasing on important issues.
3. Money talks here now. Before it was the players. I hope someone asks me for a detailed reply on this one :)

Sorry to say it (not really), but 10/10 (Pre-Gamestop) to 6.5/10 (Post-Gamestop).

Flag Post

since it lacks portuguese people

0/5 would not fap to it

Flag Post

Just to post my opinion in case someone cares…

I USED to think that Kongregate was the best gaming site. Lately… I’m not so sure. Ads have been steadily increasing. The time to get the “close ad” button keeps increasing too (up to 8 seconds now from 5 seconds from 1 second). The new profile is causing issues. And, the spamming messages to play games is making things worse and worse…

It’s called the snowball effect, and at the rate Kongregate is going, it’s only a matter of time before I jump ship, which is a real shame…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Abigayl:

Just to post my opinion in case someone cares…

I USED to think that Kongregate was the best gaming site. Lately… I’m not so sure. Ads have been steadily increasing. The time to get the “close ad” button keeps increasing too (up to 8 seconds now from 5 seconds from 1 second). The new profile is causing issues. And, the spamming messages to play games is making things worse and worse…

It’s called the snowball effect, and at the rate Kongregate is going, it’s only a matter of time before I jump ship, which is a real shame…

Almost all other forms of games you have to pay to get them (board games, PlayStation, mobile apps, etc.) but flash game developers give you access to their games for free. They make money from ad revenue. Don’t you think that it’s a worthy sacrifice to spend 10 seconds before you play their game, for free, to watch an advertisement so that you don’t have to pay to play?

As for the profile thing, it isn’t really that big of a deal. People bitched and moaned when Kong made the last change, but they’re used to it now, and now they probably don’t even remember what it looked like. It’s the way of life. Things change. Deal with it or simply gtfo.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:

As for the profile thing, it isn’t really that big of a deal.

Alone, it is not.

But it’s the start of an overhaul, considering it is the most least-used and hodgepodge section, apparently.

Nice “settle for it or simply stop using the service, and no one cares about your opinion” argument that you edited on, by the way.

Don’t act like a child; stop telling people that they shouldn’t express their opinions on new updates and simply accept them, Kongregate gives consumers the right to complain about their new updates and you shouldn’t try telling people not to exercise that right.

Deal with it or simply gtfo

Flag Post

I didn’t say nobody cares. I simply think that change is inevitable. Do you really want the website to stay the same forever? I sure don’t.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:

I didn’t say nobody cares. I simply think that change is inevitable. Do you really want the website to stay the same forever?

No, I do not. I never said I did.

However, change is an unstable thing that must be approached carefully.

A slightly incorrect change could spell disaster.

For example, if Kongregate just decided to strip the old profile section of everything but your “about me,” section and added a bigger avatar along with that, wouldn’t you be mad about that?

Flag Post

Maist, talk about creating games for free when YOU have a “D” by your name with several submissions over a 4.0 rating (and all 13 over a 3.5).

Flag Post

6.5/10

Yeahs. I’m not a fan of them either. I think what bugs me the most is they they make you reload the pages loads to get extra gameplays, and for some reason they get badged even if the rating isn’t actually anywhere near the usual threshold.

Flag Post

with me sometimes they rock and some days not so but that’s how I feel about any site on the net period, you have your ups and downs!

Flag Post
Originally posted by saybox:

6.5/10

Yeahs. I’m not a fan of them either. I think what bugs me the most is they they make you reload the pages loads to get extra gameplays, and for some reason they get badged even if the rating isn’t actually anywhere near the usual threshold.

if i said i hate most mmo’s, would you believe me?

we do need less of them, there are currently only 3 good ones on this site imo.

Flag Post

It sucks surely theres only those shitty boring games of gems and those little rpg like dream world ,i can find better games in other sites.Thats just what i think. 1/10

Flag Post

rock

Jesus christ marie, they’re minerals.

Flag Post

Honestly depends…

Beta: 10/10
Current: 9/10

I’m only one person, so I can’t force the admins to use the old site layout. I don’t even have the thingy that tells people I’m a mod or admin.

Flag Post

10/10!

Flag Post

Maybe they suck rocks? I give them a square root of -1 out of divided by zero.

Flag Post
Originally posted by blakzer:

Honestly depends…

Beta: 10/10
Current: 9/10

I’m only one person, so I can’t force the admins to use the old site layout. I don’t even have the thingy that tells people I’m a mod or admin.

I think we’re all just still getting used to it.
Although really, I feel like it’s been this way forever.

Flag Post

10/10

Originally posted by AlisonClaire:

sucks. 1/0

Are you being sarcastic?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Chris2Fly:

10/10

Originally posted by AlisonClaire:

sucks. 1/0

Are you being sarcastic?

You do realize 1/0, or at least the limit of 1/x, as x approaches 0 from the right is infinity, right?

Flag Post

Mehhhhhhhhh, Im gonna have to say 6.5/10. The ads, the trolls, the passive agressors who think they can replace mods with their “vigilant justice,” the corruption of mod choice… Seriously, I knew quite a few troll mods, and some of the GOOD mods I knew were fired about a year ago (oh look, when everything started getting crap.

Flag Post

10. most awesome site on the web.