Forums Kongregate

How To See All Of The Users You Have Muted

34 posts

Flag Post

If you have ever wondered how to see a list of all the users you have muted this tutorial is for you! Special thanks to Ventero for making this all possible :)

1) Load up a game and make sure you are connected to the Kongregate servers, indicated by a green chat plug.

2) Copy and paste this javascript into your search bar and hit your enter key. (Note, your browser must support Javascript)
javascript:s="";for (var p in holodeck._chat_window._mutings){s+=p+'\n'};alert(s)

3) A list of all the users you have muted will pop up in front of the game window. It should look something like this.

If you don’t have anyone muted you should get a pop-up that looks like this.

**Using this java script

javascript:var t=0,d=0,f=0,m=holodeck._chat_window._mutings;function checkDone(a){if(++d==t)alert(f ? "Couldn't unmute some users, please refresh and try again" :"Unmuted all users");}for(var p in m){if(!m.hasOwnProperty(p))continue;t++;new Ajax.Request('/accounts/'+holodeck._username+'/muted_users/'+p+'?from_chat=true',{method:'delete',onSuccess:checkDone,onFailure:function(r){f++;checkDone();}});}alert(t ? "Sent all requests, this might take a while now..." :"Nobody muted!");
in the search bar will un-mute all of the users you have muted.

Flag Post

Very awesome, BB.
I get asked this question a lot.

Flag Post

I got a pop-up that looked like this:

I’ve had this from quite a while ago, but it is good to help users who don’t know so thanks for this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Live2Die:

Very awesome, BB.

Originally posted by uuu2:

I’ve had this from quite a while ago, but it is good to help users who don’t know so thanks for this.

May I suggest trying this in a different browser? Maybe FireFox or Chrome?

Flag Post

UUU2, that means you’ve not muted anyone. There’s nothing to display in the box.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BlackBone:
Originally posted by Live2Die:

Very awesome, BB.

Originally posted by uuu2:

May I suggest trying this in a different browser? Maybe FireFox or Chrome?

Oh it’s not broken or anything I just haven’t muted anybody, I was just showing what it would look like if you didn’t have anybody muted.

Flag Post

Oh, that answers some of my questions. I’ll add that to the guide :) Thanks

Flag Post

Let’s not forget about this little guy. He actually unmutes all of the users, so fair warning there…

javascript:var t=0,d=0,f=0,m=holodeck._chat_window._mutings;function checkDone(a){if(++d==t)alert(f ? "Couldn't unmute some users, please refresh and try again" :"Unmuted all users");}for(var p in m){if(!m.hasOwnProperty(p))continue;t++;new Ajax.Request('/accounts/'+holodeck._username+'/muted_users/'+p+'?from_chat=true',{method:'delete',onSuccess:checkDone,onFailure:function(r){f++;checkDone();}});}alert(t ? "Sent all requests, this might take a while now..." :"Nobody muted!");

Same process with replacing the URL with chat up and running.

I take no credit for this. I’m just passing it along.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SicMirx:

Let’s not forget about this little guy. He actually unmutes all of the users, so fair warning there…

I wonder if that came up because of the code, or that I originally had no one muted beforehand.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SicMirx:

Thanks for the tip, I’ll add it to my guide.

EDIT: Grats on 2000 posts :)

Flag Post

Awesome guide.

Flag Post

First time a muted list javascript worked for me!

Thank you sir.

Flag Post

Thanks, Sic! I didn’t know you could do that, that just made my life a bit easier (even though I only have two players muted).

By the way, nice guide, BB! :)

Flag Post

I did what you guys said and it didnt work. It instead took me to bing.com with a lot of options to click

Flag Post
Originally posted by graveyard890:

I did what you guys said and it didnt work. It instead took me to bing.com with a lot of options to click

That’s probably because you weren’t connected to the chat.
In your chat tab, while the plug is green… Do it then.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

Thanks, Sic! I didn’t know you could do that, that just made my life a bit easier (even though I only have two players muted).

Sorry, totally forgot to include the whole “The credit isn’t mine, it’s Ventero’s.” part in my last post. Thank that hunk.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hunkadunkus:

I was connected to chat, and I did it with Internet Explorer, does it work from Internet Explorer or not?

Flag Post

I was connected to chat, and I did it with Internet Explorer, does it work from Internet Explorer or not?

It should.
Are you doing it on a computer with restricted access? Such as public computers or guest accounts?
Perhaps there’s an issue with that.

Flag Post

It should.
Are you doing it on a computer with restricted access? Such as public computers or guest accounts?

Im not sure

Flag Post

Sorry, totally forgot to include the whole “The credit isn’t mine, it’s Ventero’s.” part in my last post. Thank that hunk.

I wouldn’t have known out about that script if you didn’t post it, would I? A true gentleman is always thankful.

Flag Post

Big thank you for the post, BB.

Flag Post

It should.

Im not sure

The only possible reason why it won’t work (besides human/copying error) is that your browser does not support Javascript. I don’t think IE is that horrible.

Flag Post

The only possible reason why it won’t work (besides human/copying error) is that your browser does not support Javascript. I don’t think IE is that horrible.

IE works fine i just used the script and it works.

Flag Post

It actually works. 3 people muted now, 1 is a bot

Flag Post

kewl