Forums Kongregate

Option to remove fans

47 posts

Flag Post

Hello fellow Kongregate users! I do not know if this has been discussed previously, mainly because my computer is so shitty that the search function does not work. :P
Anyways, enough with that rambling! I am here to ask our lovely Admins if they could implement an option to remove fans! Why, you may ask. I will tell you why! Sometimes there are nasty users that only want to harm other people, and one of these users added me. His account was built with the sole purpose of adding those whom he deems to be hackers because they have some sort of weird order of badge-gathering.
Thus, people think I am a hacker when in fact, a few years ago, I used to play all sorts of games in this website without creating an account. I was too young and I did not want to create any trouble with that hole COPPA thing and such! :)
So if someone of a higher importance in Kongregate could please read this and contact the Admins directly we as a community would be highly pleased! I am sure one of you Mods or community-Admins have other Admins IMs, so it is easier to contact them than through whispers, E-mails or something else.
Thanks for reading and happy foruming!
Cheers,
Aioria_de_Roox.

P.S. I have noticed there is an extremely popular and well-liked regular here, AioriaRox, and my username is similar to his because me and my little brother (who unfortunately created an account here when I did… he is Aioria_de_Rox and he came here today, did he cause any trouble?) were huge fans of him from hearing him talk in the chat when we were guests. Hope that clears out any confusion!

Flag Post

The ability to remove fans: probably not.
The ability to get people like that banned: probably.

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/183227-im-ajorarox

did he cause any trouble?

heavily suspect trollering

Flag Post

Fans are people who have added you. You cannot control who has added you or not.
If you don’t like the person adding you, then mute them. You will no longer see them in the chat. If this isn’t enough, find the forum muting greasemonkey script and mute them in the forums too.
The option to choose who’s on your profile is available through the friends option. Friends are people you’ve added. It’s been that. It’ll always be that.
Even if someone has added you, doesn’t mean you have to add then back, or like them.
Finally, the more fans you have, the more awesome you are. It’s scientifically proven.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hunkadunkus:

Finally, the more fans you have, the more awesome you are. It’s scientifically proven.

I’m more awesome than you! Neener neener. >.>

I miss having a literal 1337 fan count.

Yeah, I don’t see the problem with fans. Like Hunka stated, you aren’t obligated to add them back or anything, which is a major allure of the friend/fan system compared to the friend request system to me. Sure, I’ve been followed around. It’s not hard to ignore, though.

Flag Post

Did I also mention the other scientifically proven statement?
OT mods at the coolest of them all :D

Flag Post

Did I also mention the other scientifically proven statement?
OT mods at the coolest of them all :D

Yeah, well… girls are better. It’s scientifically proven by, y’know, the chromosome pairs. Males are just incomplete. Pthbthb!

Flag Post

The problem with fans is that if I were to create three innocuous usernames such as Rxsuc, Sicmi, ksateve and rything, I could add someone with those accounts in such a way that it spells “SicmiRxsucksateverything”, though none of the individual accounts break any guidelines, and technically can’t be reported for inappropriate usernames.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sellyme:

The problem with fans is that if I were to create three innocuous usernames such as Rxsuc, Sicmi, ksateve and rything, I could add someone with those accounts in such a way that it spells “SicmiRxsucksateverything”, though none of the individual accounts break any guidelines, and technically can’t be reported for inappropriate usernames.

… but I do suck at everything. *smirx*

Nah, inappropriate names have existed and have friended for the sole reason to troll that way, but if it is a major problem, the admins can remedy the situation if need be. If the reason for the accounts also being made was for that, I’m sure that would be a quick death, too. Seriously doubt most situations like that would be pure coincidence.

Flag Post

Well, something like this has already happened.
See his fans? That’s obviously been done on purpose. I’ve reported the accounts and hopefully will have their avatars changed by the administration (If they can see that those accounts are linked to the one user).
Unfortunately, the admins won’t be able to change the usernames of those on Sic’s fan list.

Flag Post

I’d like to remove fans.

Look at my recent fans to find out why.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 35kdog:

I’d like to remove fans.

Look at my recent fans to find out why.

Someone has too much time on their hands.

Flag Post

Fans are people who have added you. You cannot control who has added you or not.
If you don’t like the person adding you, then mute them. You will no longer see them in the chat. If this isn’t enough, find the forum muting greasemonkey script and mute them in the forums too.
The option to choose who’s on your profile is available through the friends option. Friends are people you’ve added. It’s been that. It’ll always be that.
Even if someone has added you, doesn’t mean you have to add then back, or like them.

If you had even read the OP instead of trying to be a smart-ass you would have noticed that the OP already knwos about all that, and that he wants to make certain people UNABLE to add you. It does NO good to mute the user he was talking about, as he will be forever in that user’s friend list AND HIS FAN LIST and people will see it and think he is a hacker.
Also, I have 666 fans so I’m the most awesome user here.

Flag Post

If you had even read the OP

I did. I was briefly summing up what they are to start with.

make certain people UNABLE to add you

Why? That’s pretty pointless, as i’ve stated. You shouldn’t be able to control who adds you. That’s the equivalent of a movie star saying “No. I don’t want that person on my fanbase. Remove them”.

NO good to mute the user

Muting a user stops you from ever seeing their messages. It does EVERY bit of good.

and think he is a hacker.

No one’s is going to associate people with hackers because they’ve got them as fans. By those standards, I have tons of trolls as fans, therefore I am a troll.

Flag Post

Inb4someonedoesthis

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Even better, take out the fans from the profile.

Flag Post
Did you even read the op? really???

Did you ever read a human relations book? really?

Excerpt: Condemning and criticizing to the extreme gets people no where.

How effective do you think that huge critical post was? Plus, it will likely end up deleted; defeating the point.

Flag Post

AN ACCOUNT THAT ADDS PEOPLE WHO HE DEEMS HACKER, AND HE HAS GAINED SOME PRETTY WIDE RECOGNITION IN THE PAST

So? He has no proof. He is doing this out of estimation.
Just because some person suddenly thinks that another user is a hacker, is no basis to cause a stir within the rest of the community. Assumptions cannot cause anything without logical proof to follow up.
Just because this user thinks so, doesn’t mean the rest of the community need to follow up with:

OMG GAIS! This user said another user hacked! Rather than get verification from someone who actually runs the site. Verification from an ADMINISTRATOR, we’re going to believe this one user without official proof and only assumptions.

Users that blindly follow another’s estimates need to rethink their priorities.
I don’t care how much reputation he has gained. He doesn’t have a K next to his name, therefore his views are unofficial. The only real way to prove that the user hacked would be to get a statement from the user in question admitting that they’ve hacked.
Furthermore, no one official is believing this, correct?
So there’s nothing bad that can actually take place to OP. Sure, OP could get harassment, but all OP needs to do is report the users to have them take a break from the site.
You know those guys? The ones with the K? The ones that can actually do something to accounts? Not some kid that decided to point out hackers without any proof?

Finally, if the account is just made to add so called hackers, it has no use on this site. Report it, and the admins should deal with the rest.

Flag Post

Whether or not the fear is valid, the fact that some number of people feel this way is enough reason to consider it.

On a side note: if you make some good games, you’ll get a nice stream of fans, which will push away any “bad” fans without any additional effort from you. At which point no one would care if someone with 200 fans has some idiot fans trying to be funny.

Flag Post

“So? He has no proof. He is doing this out of estimation”

That’s not relevant, I think.. because you see they said that that guy has gotten some recognition for other users so just the fact that he can add whoever he wants and that person will be marked forever (unless he gets some fans… and aioria_de_rox doesn’t..) as a hacker and will look bad. I think that it should be removable too! :)
Of course his views are not official, but that doesn’t change the fact that he has some recognition, that how it is… what it SHOULD be is another topic, I think!
We can get him banned but that doesn’t remove his friends, does it? People will still be marked until everyone stops being stupid and stops believing in this guy…

Flag Post

Also, the account in question hasn’t logged in for three years.

Flag Post

It’s still there, as a mark of faux-shame on aioria_de_rox’s profile… if only he could remove him!

Flag Post

Well, i’d like to add that I have made an in depth report on the account in question.
To me, that account has no purpose on the site. It has no proof that the account hacks. It’s just looking at game scores… It doesn’t take accidental glitches into accounts.
I expect the account to be banned soon enough.

Flag Post

It’s NOT gonna solve the problem, Hunka! It’s not gonna change anything considering it hasn’t logged for such a long time.
The account is dead-on accurate anyways. I’m going to spread its word