Forums Kongregate

Option to remove fans page 2

47 posts

Flag Post

The account is dead-on accurate anyways.

It looks at high scores and adds it based on that. It even ads because of people using glitches.
Glitching is NOT hacking. Oh, and those who accidentally found the glitches? I assume they’re suddenly hackers too now?
The kid has no actual proof :P

It’s not gonna change anything considering it hasn’t logged for such a long time.

If the account is permabanned, do you think people are actually going to pay attention to it anymore?
Rather than look at the logical ideal, which is that the administration have deemed the account unnecessary, and the practices are incorrect, people are still going to check the friends and make judgements based off of that?
Furthermore, a perma ban would stop him every logging in it AGAIN in the future.

Flag Post

It looks at high scores and adds it based on that. It even ads because of people using glitches.
Glitching is NOT hacking. Oh, and those who accidentally found the glitches? I assume they’re suddenly hackers too now?

It didn’t add people based on one or two scores, it’s based on MULTIPLE weird scores. “It was a glitch!!” is a common thing for a hacker to say. Being here for almost FOUR years gave me the knowledge that those so-called glitches don’t happen often at all, and I know the guys in the list and they’ve hacked.

If the account is permabanned, do you think people are actually going to pay attention to it anymore?

Yes.

Flag Post

“It was a glitch!!” is a common thing for a hacker to say.

And yet there is no conclusive proof that alleged “hacker” actually didn’t find a glitch.
Sure, if the user was obviously a hacker… We’re talking most the badges in one week, then it’s valid. But basing it on a flawed system is not an appropriate method of streamlining hackers.

Yes.

Official People Ban Account For False Claims > People Check Banned Account > Notice Unofficial Methods Were Incorrect > Still Believe Him Despite A Flawed System And An Admin Ban?

Flag Post

I think those guys work upon the concept of common sense, hunka xP (the hacker-accusers)

Flag Post

i know this is like 2 years too late but i am curious as to what a fan is? i have no idea :P i’d be much obliged if someone could point me in the right direction.
Thanks

Flag Post
Originally posted by Smishy14:

i know this is like 2 years too late but i am curious as to what a fan is? i have no idea :P i’d be much obliged if someone could point me in the right direction.
Thanks

Originally posted by adv0catus:

They’ve added you as a friend.

Flag Post

Why do you want to remove friends?

Flag Post
Originally posted by tehgrimreaper:

Why do you want to remove friends?

They explained why they wanted to do that in the original post.

Flag Post

Instead of removing fans, I think we should have the option to hide our fans list.

Flag Post

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Originally posted by eProdigy:

Instead of removing fans, I think we should have the option to hide our fans list.

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

Flag Post

We should be able to just drag and drop parts of our profile to arrange it and hide whatever we want (excluding the user info).

Flag Post

I have contacted Kongregate a few months ago to know if they plan to add such a functionality on the profile page (which would allow the player to delete or hide “fans”, just like with friends). They didn’t answer.

Almost all of my own “fans” are bots or blank accounts (no badges, no comments or forum posts, even banned users). Of course, having these unknown and unwanted fellows is not a big deal; it’s just silly.

I agree that the profile page should be more flexible, too, with the possibility to hide/move blocks and select the number of lists items. Displaying things like fans or awards is pointless for most players.

Flag Post

Don’t get mad just because you were caught. :)

Flag Post

The more fans you have equates the bigger the size of your e-peen.

Flag Post

i want to remove my fans, for several reasons:

1) i don’t know any of them
2) they’re not my friends
3) even i had 5 billion of them, wouldn’t make me any more awesome?!

remove the fans option, or allow us to delete our fans if we don’t want them!

Flag Post

Consider it a form of flattery. :)
They thought you were cool enough to be on their friends list.

Flag Post

To remove your fans:
1.) Ask them to unfriend you one-by-one; or
2.) Be rude to your fans so they unfriend you.

Flag Post

You’d probably be much better off just muting them rather than being rude to them. (if it absolutely bothers you that much)

Flag Post

no wtf. having fans means people just think ur cool. y would u want to delete that? makes no sense to me

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rolby:

no wtf. having fans means people just think ur cool. y would u want to delete that? makes no sense to me

Not really. Having more fans means you are more known than others (and maybe nice too, but there are some exceptions, like Umbriel_, that have many fans and they are.. well.. not that awesome). I know some really great people, and they are very kind, that do not have many fans. (Mateo4 and more others)

Flag Post

I’ve got someone who’s making accounts with unappropriate names like changing mine and stuff. He is trying to add me and now he is in my fans. Now I don’t want someone to look at those offensive names and stuff. So I would also suggest, Please add the remove fans option. Thanks.

Flag Post

Even if some with a username with “Attack2100Sucks” or " Attack2100suckdick" I wouldn’t mind it. It increases my fans. So I don’t really care about these fan removing option’s. If some one with that name adds me, All I would do is report him/her. So the user will be banned and I have +1 fan. So as I said , I don’t really care.

Here are the people who wants the fan removing option
. Aioria_de_Roox
. 35kdog
. AioriaRox ( << Maybe)
. Dominic Frost
. angeljessy09

The rest does not want/care about the “Fan removing option”.