Forums Kongregate

Kongregate Dictionary

70 posts

Flag Post

• Administator/Admin = A staff member who actually works to keep Kongregate running.
  • Connection = A person that you follow.
  • Curator = A moderator in the Arts and Music.
  • Developer/Dev. = A person who has created game(s) in Kongregate.
  • Follower = A person who has added you as a Friend but you have not added back.
  • Forum Moderator = Person who keeps forums under control, and prevents any trolling from happening.
  • Guest = A person who has not created an account to Kongregate.
  • Moderator/Mod = Person who is keeping control in different places. These places include chat rooms, forums, etc. He's/she's identified by a next to his/her name. Different moderators have different letters. Forum mod has a , Chat mod has a , A Room Owner has a and a Collabs Moderator (Curator) has a .
  • Room Owner = A moderator who has been given a room by asking it from administration.
  • Troll = A person who constantly tries to annoy other people, in anyway possible.

• +1ing = Posting in a rapid succession. Usually frowned upon in the forums. +1 can mean "liking one's post" also.
  • AG = ArmorGames _or_ Armor Games, another gaming site.
  • Bump(ing) = Act of getting a thread to the first page. Necrobumping is bumping a thread from years ago.
  • Discussion = The topic and the following talking in a thread.
  • Forum = A place to post different threads. There are many different forums, such as 'Kongregate' for discussion about Kongregate, 'General Gaming' for gaming in general etc.
  • Lrn2 = Lrn2 [something] is an abbreviation of "Learn to [something]", for example, "Learn to type", is said for a person with mediocre grammar.
  • Locked thread = A thread where you can not reply anymore.
  • NG = Newgrounds, another gaming site.
  • Ninja'd = A word to say if a person posted a post about the same thing. For example, User 1 said: "I like cows.", before User 2 said the same thing. That is the suitable place to say "Ninja'd."
  • OP = Opening Post or Original Poster; The first post of the creator of the thread or the creator of the thread. In gaming world, it means Over Powered.
  • Sticky = A thread in a forum which is always at the first page, and is bolded because it is helpful and comprehensive topic.
  • tl;dr = Too long; didn't read. Like "lol" and "inb4", a post what includes only this word may be removed, because it would be spam.

• AFK = A mode what you can click to show people you are not reachable.
  • Ban = An action. If a person is banned, he/she can't enter Kongregate with that account for some time. (Note: I am uncertain about that.)
  • Brb = Acronym of Be Right Back.
  • Btw = Acronym of By The Way.
    • Chat action drop-down = A drop-down of actions in the chat. You can switch to game chat/room chat (if in a Multiplayer game), Change chat room, See friends online, View the room details and set your status as 'Away'.
    • Chat filter = A chat filter censors the worst offensive terms to '****', to make the chat more comfortable.
    • Derp = Used when telling to a person he's/she's being dumb or his/her thinking is absent.
    • Failwhale = Used to tell if one has failed in the chat via ASCII-art version of a whale.
    • Gg/Gtg = Acronyms of Gotta Go or Got to go. GG also means Good Game in several multiplayer games.
    • inb4 = In before something happens. For example, in forums, a person saying "inb4lock" would think the thread would become locked, and decided to post before it happens. A post only including "inb4[something]" may be removed because some forum moderators consider it spam. This is more used in the forums than chat, but I decided to add it in this section.
    • Lol = Acronym of Laughing Out Loud. Like "inb4", if a forum post only includes this word, it may be removed because the forum moderators think it is spam.
    • Mini-mod = A person whom is not a moderator, but acts like one.
    • Mute = An action usable on a person. He/she is not heard after muting.
    • Rofl = Acronym of Rolling on the Floor Laughing.
    • Silence = An action that moderators can do. If used to a person, he/she can not talk before silence wears out.
    • Trollface = A face which is made in the chat to annoy people.
    • Whisper = A message directly privately posted to another person in the chat. (Note: PM's are different from Whispers. They are not seen in chat, whereas Whispers are.)

• BTD = Bloons Tower Defence.
    • BYM = Backyard Monsters.
    • DW = Dream World.
    • EBF = Epic Battle Fantasy.
    • EE = Everybody Edits.
    • FO = Fantasy Online.
    • PR2 = Platform Racing 2.
    • SS (2) = Sacred Seasons (1 or 2).
    • TM/TFM = Transformice.

• Achievement/Badge = A 'reward' for doing certain tasks in a game. Achievement rewards people with points, which are handed with difficulty (5 - Easy, 15 - Medium, 30 - Hard, 60 - Impossible). It is also called as a 'Badge'.
    • Avatar = A picture shown next to your name. It can be drawn or it can be a photo.
    • Badge of the Day (BoTD) = A random badge from a random game changing daily, which will give 2x points based on the normal points of the badge. For example, you'd get 10 points of a Easy (5 point) Badge. A thread found here.
    • Badge 'whore' = A person, who is almost obsessed to get badges.
    • Beta testing = A game which has reached 'Beta' stage, having only Kong+ members able to play it until released for everybody to play.
    • Brony = A person who watches My Little Pony.
    • Community = The place reachable from the Community tab, which showcases an Kongregate user, see the feed of every friend of yours, and can reach any Forum.
    • FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions. You can find solutions to many problems there.
    • Formatting = Text-modifying. You can make words *bold*, _Italics_, and so on. Full guide here.
    • Greg = Greg is the person whom creates badges in Kongregate along with rawismojo.
    • (Internet) Meme = A famous phrase or a picture usually posted in the forums; for example, Nyan Cat.
    • Guidelines = The guidelines of Kongregate, which have been created to give comfort in chats, etc.
    • Kreds = Currency used in Kongregate. It is bought with money, or gained with doing surveys.
    • Myslef = A meme in Off-Topic, where a person (usually) posts a picture of Dave Morris and says myslef in a sentence. It is also possible, that they say other types of -slef such as yourslef or him/herslef.
    • OT = Off Topic forum.
    • Points = Points are a known part in Kongregate site. They are given by completing badges, rating games and so on. You will get a level once you have gotten a certain amount of points.
    • Profile = Your own page. Most things you do are shown there, such as forum posts, game contributions, etc.
    • PM = Personal/Private Message.
    • Quest = A series of badges which give extra points when fully completed.
    • Referral = An 'invite' to a person to register into Kongregate which rewards you with 15 points per person referred.
    • SD = Serious Discussion forum.
    • Tag = A word to find a specific game. For example, typing 'Physics' in the search bar would result in games which have 'Physics' in their name to be seen, and games with a tag 'Physics' to be seen also.
    • Thread = A thread is a topic inside a forum. For example, this page is a thread to 'Kongregate'.
    • <sarcasm> = Used when the poster is sarcastic about a sentence, and would add <sarcasm> before the beginning of the sentence, and/sarcasm or </sarcasm> into the end of the sentence.

I will add any words what may not be weird to beginners, if I see some. I hope this helped. :)

Flag Post

This post is for my main post updates… unless it exceeds the character limit (then I’ll use this post to add words). :P

Updates (as in 7.8.2012)

• Added the sub-titles as more Kongregate themed

• Tried to make the post more comprehensible

Flag Post

I haven’t seen this thread in my entire life. This is definitely appreciated, it will most definitely not get lost in a couple of days, and will most definitely be read by more than 0 new users, also, thank you for including words that a first grader would know about, good stuff, considering this is a 13+ site.

Flag Post

Trollface=win

Flag Post

A Forums Moderator has a F, A Chat Moderator has a M, A Room Owner has a R and a Collabs Moderator has a C.

Flag Post

What is a badge? What is a forum? What is a thread? What does OT mean? Who is greg?

Flag Post

You should add Curator in the people section.
    Yeah, it’s a mod. But it’s got a different symbol.
    Room Owner and Forum Mod would be nice outside the generic mod sentence too :D

Flag Post

A person who constantly seeks attention from other people,

Isn’t that an attention whore?

Friend = A person who has added you and you have added back.

Nope.

You add people and they will appear as friends.

Not matter if they added you or not.

Flag Post

Thanks for words! I’ll add more whenever I see them! :)

Flag Post

In brakets beside moderator, administrator, and developer, you should add: mod, admin, and dev. In the appropriate spots of course.

Flag Post

Forum Moderator = Person who keeps forums under control, and prevents any trolling from happening.

I giggled.

Flag Post

troll = you

Flag Post
    Originally posted by uuu2:

In brakets beside moderator, administrator, and developer, you should add: mod, admin, and dev. In the appropriate spots of course.

You mean next to them? Sure.

Flag Post

Wait, how do you make a troll face in chat?

Flag Post
    Originally posted by GameBuilder15:

Wait, how do you make a troll face in chat?

ascii art….. from time to time someone posts really good one, but gets lost fast, idk where to google them on net tho

Flag Post

Troll = A person who constantly seeks attention from other people, in anyway possible. They can be quite irritating.

That is an attention whore. A troll simply seeks for reaction from other users, such as rage or them saying something stupid so they can own them. The users trolls want to fuck with are most of time stupid users (so they DO have quite a lot of options). It’s rare that they’ll fuck with nice users.

Room Owner = A person who has made a chat room.

Only Admins can make a chatroom. A Room Owner is simply assigned to that room.

Collabs Moderator has a C

You mean Curator

Trollface = A face which is made in the chat to annoy people.

le wat

Friend = A person who has added you and you have added back.

nope.png

Flag Post

I wouldn’t exactly call trollface and failwhale Kongregate terms. If that were the case, may as well include everything else used on the internet into the Kongregate Dictionary.

Might want to specify a little more on some, for example:

• Mute = An action usable in on a person. His/her messages in chat are no longer seen by the account that muted him/her. This also prevents the muted account from shouting or whispering your profile.
    • Silence = An action what that moderators can do. If used on an account, he/she cannot post in chat, game comments, the forums, etc. until the silence expires.
    • Forum = A place to post different posts threads… etc. etc.

Hehe, I muted inside that user. … that sounds dirty.

Yes, though, a friend is someone you added. A fan is someone who added you. There is no two-way term unless you wanted to be silly. Frand!

Also, yes, a Room Owner isn’t the creator of the room or assigned to the room. It’s just the mod who willingly asked the administration to take possession of the room and the request was accepted.

If you’re going to have Forum and Thread up there, may as well have Sticky and Locked threads up there.

“Chat actions drop-down” or some variation(s) would probably be a good addition to the Chat-related words section.

Oh, and they’re not rules, per se. They’re guidelines.

Flag Post

What constitutes a badge whore?

Flag Post

Narwhal → Filter

Flag Post

@SicMirx It was a midnight when I created this topic, Lol. And thanks for words/help. :)

But also, trollface and failwhale are frequently used in Kongregate. I thought people might want to know it. :P

Flag Post
    Originally posted by burrito:

What constitutes a badge whore?

Badge whore? Never heard of that before.

It sounds like it’s used to refer to a person who begs for badges in certain games.

Flag Post

@SAL37: I’m pretty sure it’s the people that are like “OM NOM NOM BADGES” and just rush rush rush through badges.

Flag Post

Badge whores are simply people who are obsessed with acquiring badges.

Btw to OP: Your definition of troll is abit off. Trolls are users whose only aim is to make other people angry. Whereas attention seekers may consist of spammers, or average users who want more fans, and are not only limited to trolls.

Flag Post
    Originally posted by Vizuna:

Badge whores are simply people who are obsessed with acquiring badges.

Btw to OP: Your definition of troll is abit off. Trolls are users whose only aim is to make other people angry. Whereas attention seekers may consist of spammers, or average users who want more fans, and are not only limited to trolls.

Thanks. I’m going to switch that. :)

Flag Post

You’re welcome.