Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: CR 2011.07.13

62 posts

Flag Post

Another release and hopefully we have more features you will all enjoy.

Let’s get started with developers first. Have you ever had someone leave you a comment on your game page that you wish you could respond to? Well now you can! As a developer you can now go to one of your game pages and respond to any comments that someone may have left you. Remember, comments aren’t intended for full discussions so we have limited you guys to one response per comment, but don’t worry, you can edit that response as many times as you need to.

Now for our users. We’ve made some changes to our sign up forms. First we got rid of the verify password field so now you can sign up a bit quicker. Second we added a feature to let you know (in real time!) if the username you want has already been taken. All you have to do is type in a username and wait a quick second, and you’ll be able to see if your username is available right away.

We have also switched our free Kreds provider from TapJoy to TrialPay, but offers you’ve completed through TapJoy should still be valid. You can view your offer status by going to your profile and then adding /offer_status to the end of the URL (for example, http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/joe1017/offer_status ).

Beyond that, we have also included some bug and security fixes. Check out all the details in the changelog below or here.

Flag Post

Developers:
- Developers can now reply to comments on their game pages
- Added “Game News” section for developers to post news and/or updates when uploading or editing games

Users:
- Kred purchases with GameStop gift cards now work with 12 and 16 digit cards
- Removed “verify password” field and privacy policy link from the registration form
- Real time username validation on registration form
- Added “Game News” section to the game tab
- Update to a new free Kreds partner, TrialPay

Flag Post

Winners of Contest: http://www.kongregate.com/experience-the-music

Admin remove this if they want to personally announce it.

Flag Post

<3

Flag Post

- Developers can now reply to comments on their game pages

WELL THAT’S NICE

Flag Post

→Developers can post a reply to a comment.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
This is awesome. Thank you. SO much. Truly brilliant.

Please, give my thanks to whoever/the group that thought of this.

Edit: I just tried it out, and I love it. Thanks so much!

Flag Post

- Real time username validation on registration form

I’ve been waiting for something like this for ages :D

- Removed “verify password” field and privacy policy link from the registration form

The sign up page has been gradually cut down a lot over the last three years.
Surprised to see this go, though.

Flag Post

Wait, why would you get rid of the password verification field?
That’s just stupid.
What if I make a typo in my password and am never able to access my account again when I log out, all because I never got to double-check?

Flag Post

Quick question about this. I know a developer can do the reply to a comment, but can a collaborator (2nd, 3rd, etc. names for the game) also post a comment?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ArcadianFire:

That’s just stupid.
What if I make a typo in my password and am never able to access my account again when I log out, all because I never got to double-check?

I am not sure what the point of that was. Kong already had the fastest sign-ups around.

Flag Post

Cool, updates.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ElBandito81:

Quick question about this. I know a developer can do the reply to a comment, but can a collaborator (2nd, 3rd, etc. names for the game) also post a comment?

Nope. Tested it

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Nope.

Ok, I think it’s good that only the developer can do the reply. Thanks for the answer, by the way.

Flag Post

Removing the password verification was a bad idea, in my opinion. If you just happen to mis-type you end up with a password that you don’t know.

Surely you can just recover your account through e-mail verification but that takes at least five minutes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Nope. Tested it

To add to this – we might expand this feature eventually, but we wanted to release it in its simplest form initially.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BlackBone:

Removing the password verification was a bad idea, in my opinion. If you just happen to mis-type you end up with a password that you don’t know.

Surely you can just recover your account through e-mail verification but that takes at least five minutes.

Perhaps make it optional? You can choose to fill or not fill in that form and it doesn’t have to be required.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BlackBone:

I’m okay with this. 5 minutes isn’t too long. Makes registration that much more quicker, which has always been a huge plus about Kongregate.

Flag Post

The new Free Kreds company is pretty good, I didn’t qualify for my first survey so they gave me another one. AND the surveys actually reward Kreds now, unlike the old one which feigned ignorance when you completed them… :)

Flag Post

Finally, I have been waiting for the developer comments ever since I brought it up last time where it was apparently not supposed to be released then.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JKuang:

The new Free Kreds company is pretty good, I didn’t qualify for my first survey so they gave me another one. AND the surveys actually reward Kreds now, unlike the old one which feigned ignorance when you completed them… :)

Oh, they’re not being ignored any more? Nice.

/off to take thousands of surveys to get monies

Flag Post

Good luck getting thousands of surveys in the first place.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ArcadianFire:

That’s just stupid.

Your username/password gets e-mailed to you.

Flag Post

What was the purpose of unhiding the top part of a permabanned/private user?

That’s just stupid.

So they can brag more about having the fastest sign-up in the world.

Flag Post

Finally TapJoy is out from kongregate! Yay, i have high expetations about TrialPlay

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maik50:

Finally TapJoy is out from kongregate! Yay, i have high expetations about TrialPlay

Are you serious?

TapJoy was much better than TrialPlay.

TrialPlay has just “get free kreds if you BUY this” or “get x kreds for every y euro/dollar/pound/etc. you buy for”, or a survey you’re not qualified for.