Forums Kongregate

Why does Kongregate suck? page 3

70 posts

Flag Post

It’s way too addictive, but fortunately I’m running out of badges!

Flag Post

I like Kongregate. I think it’s the best gaming website ever.
Some things that can be improved on Kongregate:
More game tags.
Maybe a developing level? Like, you level up and get points when someone rate your game high or you get points based on the game rating and total plays.
More badges.
More levels (Maybe up to 80? not 65)
Some things that I hate about Kongregate:
Trolls and scammers in multiplayer game.
The way that some badges aren’t rewarded and I need to report it…
Swearness and bad language in some occasions at chatrooms
Yeah, that’s it. Overall I gave Kongregate a 5/5.

Flag Post

Newgrounders leave value feedback at my games, but kongregats leave worthless feedback.
That’s what I hate at kongregate: player’s reviews.

Flag Post

I completely agree with progamestudio on nearly everything, I love this website so much :DDDD.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sirocco8:

I completely agree with progamestudio on nearly everything, I love this website so much :DDDD.

So do it!! :3 It is addicting.
But… For me.. 65 levels are more than enough.

Flag Post

For me too 65 levels are more than enough since I don’t always play Flash games, and because I don’t really care for badges. But still I don’t understand why there must be a max level, when some people play only on Kong and so they could want to know how much more they play than others. But oh well, you still get points from badges anyway, right ?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

The fact that I have a little troll box next to games that could be played elsewhere, and the community is NOT worth it at all.

Flag Post

Some things that I hate on here:
Kongpanions (why jmtb02, why?)
When K plus ruined the level system.
Rating system for comments.
The dying community.
That popup rate-this-game that is still present.
Game Spotlights (it is ridiculous that they show up in the favorite list and other game sections. Seriously, an advertisement for an MMO doesn’t belong right in the middle of a puzzle game section. It is inconsistent, and all these ads have led me to one conclusion: Kongregate is trying to bully me into getting adblock).
Notable Games section (Which is confusing. Candyman told me that it was like a staff picks section. There already is a staff pick section so…now we have two staff picks sections. Apparently. Isn’t that kind of redundant?)

Flag Post
Originally posted by yourmomdad:

Butthurt mods remove my posts in this forum.
inb4postremoval

This. I haven’t seen mods this salty for a long time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rychip:

How?

Flag Post

Unprofessional moderation.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Eelee:

We need forum mutes. Not just chat mutes, forum mutes.

definitely agreed
i think kong is actually the best gaming site, but on the down side, that makes it very addicting

Flag Post

That popup rate-this-game that is still present.

This has been fixed for ages. Just close three in a row without rating, then click the checkbox to opt out.

Flag Post
Originally posted by resterman:

How?

Before K plus, when you achieved a certain level, you unlocked beta-testing. K plus took that away from ordinary users. Now there is no point to leveling up but “bragging-rights”, which is ridiculous.

Flag Post

They kinda stopped that a while before K+ anyways. Maybe because of K+ and maybe not, I don’t know. It’s not that huge of a deal, though, really. Is your experience tied that close to … beta access?

Really, though… Kongregate is dying (at least the community that made it vibrant).

Flag Post

Riiight.

Originally posted by 123aaa789:

Pretty sure it’s peaked already, so this was the image I captured at the time:

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

Riiight.

Originally posted by adv0catus:

Really, though… Kongregate is dying (at least the community that made it vibrant).

More people just means more eyeballs and the lights stay on… doesn’t mean Kongregate is doing well or is healthy. The whole point of the site is to interact with fellow gamers. The forums are woefully out of date that they lack so many fundamental and standard features on other sites. The chatrooms have been in quality freefall for years, too.

Flag Post

Communities change as they grow, generally getting less tight-knit and friendly. There’s not much anyone can do about that, except maybe leaving to create a smaller community.

See also: Dunbar’s number.

Flag Post

Mods becoming more and more mysterious.