Forums Kongregate

The Road to Gaming Greatness! Qualifying Round - 96 Places (Oh, the Huge Manatee!)

292 posts

Flag Post

The Road to Gaming Greatness – Qualifying Round – 96 entries available!

Are you ready to embark on a gaming adventure? The road to gaming greatness starts here. You will need to prove yourself to be better than the rest in order to prevail, where only the very best will remain to battle it out to the end of the road. Only one gamer shall remain, proving their ability to withstand the competition and completing their Road to Gaming Greatness.

Oh, the Huge Manatee! – Score above 3500 needed to qualify!

The qualifying round is open for 96 people. The first 96 people to post a score above 3500 will progress into the group stages of the competition. The qualifying round will run for 5 days, and the groups will be determined from the number of entries within this time if there are less than 96 competitors.

The qualifying round ends on 11th August, 11pm GMT.

To post your score, you need to post a screenshot of the game screen with your final score, it should show a green or yellow plug next to your username in the top right corner, and the ‘Highscores’ tab should be shown with your score shown on the mode “HighScore” in the “Today” tab. The screenshot must not be edited in anyway.

However, it is most important that you get the highest score possible for this round. Depending on your score for the qualifier, you will be seeded from 1 to 96, in which there will be 12 groups of 8 competitors. Regardless of the number of entries, there will be 12 groups – so for example, if there are 75 qualifiers then there will be 9 groups of 6 and 3 groups of 7. More information on the format for the group stages will be posted in the next round.

Cheating and hacking are not accepted. You will be caught. If you are suspicious of someone cheating or hacking in the tournament, then please send a private message to myself, SamsterSamster or Glomple and we will look into the matter right away.

If you find any exploits or problems in the game, then please PM me, SamsterSamster or Glomple.

The spreadsheet is here so that you can check where you stand on the leaderboard.

Best of Luck!

Also, many thanks to Samster for making the banner!

Flag Post

lol, no r4l

Originally posted by TeamEgoFrisk:

The Road to Gaming Greatness – Qualifying Round – 96 entries available!

Are you ready to embark on a gaming adventure? The road to gaming greatness starts here. You will need to prove yourself to be better than the rest in order to prevail, where only the very best will remain to battle it out to the end of the road. Only one gamer shall remain, proving their ability to withstand the competition and completing their Road to Gaming Greatness.

Oh, the Huge Manatee! – Score above 3500 needed to qualify!

The qualifying round is open for 96 people. The first 96 people to post a score above 3500 will progress into the group stages of the competition. The qualifying round will run for 5 days, and the groups will be determined from the number of entries within this time if there are less than 96 competitors.

The qualifying round ends on 11th August, 11pm GMT.

To post your score, you need to post a screenshot of the game screen with your final score, it should show a green or yellow plug next to your username in the top right corner, and the ‘Highscores’ tab should be shown with your score shown on the mode “HighScore” in the “Today” tab. The screenshot must not be edited in anyway.

However, it is most important that you get the highest score possible for this round. Depending on your score for the qualifier, you will be seeded from 1 to 96, in which there will be 12 groups of 8 competitors. Regardless of the number of entries, there will be 12 groups – so for example, if there are 75 qualifiers then there will be 9 groups of 6 and 3 groups of 7. More information on the format for the group stages will be posted in the next round.

Cheating and hacking are not accepted. You will be caught. If you are suspicious of someone cheating or hacking in the tournament, then please send a private message to myself, SamsterSamster or Glomple and we will look into the matter right away.

If you find any exploits or problems in the game, then please PM me, SamsterSamster or Glomple.

The spreadsheet is here so that you can check where you stand on the leaderboard.

Best of Luck!

ninja – you forgot an inb4lock page

Flag Post

Flag Post

Good luck to everyone!

Flag Post

W00t! New Tourney!
First score :P

Edit: Oh I hate you two.

Flag Post

I’m not being disallowed from joining this? Wow.

I won’t be, anyways.

Flag Post

Can I update my post with a higher score later?

Flag Post

You stole fizzy lifting drinks. You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized SO YOU GET NOTHING. YOU LOSE. GOOD DAY SIR. one of the best games from my tournament >.>

Edited with today tab up.

Flag Post

I shall post my score tomorrow. Hopefully there’ll still be places left :)

Flag Post

Like Pel, but the other way around.

My score: 42070
Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/3ku6j.jpg

Flag Post

Ah darn, forgot the r4l. Nevermind, I’ll have to leave it now. At least I’ll probably not make that mistake again now. D:

Flag Post

Feel free to be jelly of my score. I know it is a nice score.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fusha:

Like Pel, but the other way around.

My score: 42070
Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/3ku6j.jpg

BLASPHEMY! How dare you compare this game to Pel! I bite my thumb at you, sir.

Flag Post

GOODBYE Remember Retro.

HELLO The Road to Gaming Greatness!

Flag Post

Just to clear things up, the first 96 will be in, not the highest scoring 96. However, the score is important in regard to what group you’re in.

Flag Post

FINALLY! I was waiting for this! My second tourney :D

Flag Post

Doesn’t get any better than this. Also, screenshot combo for accidentally leaving the page.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Being in between people participating in Greg month was not pure coincidence.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Yaaay

Flag Post

Can I haz an entry?