Forums Kongregate

*Mobile Contest Winners Announced*

33 posts

Flag Post
I am very pleased to announce the winners of our summer mobile game contest! We got a ton of great entries, I had so much fun playing through them. A big huge thanks to everyone that participated and keep in mind that we now do a monthly contest for mobile games like we do for web games, with a top prize of $1000.

Grand Prize ($6000)

Cat God vs Sun King Mobile

2nd Place ($4000)

UpBot goes Up Mobile

3rd - 10th Place ($1,125)

in no particular order
Love Mobile
Racing Comrade Mobile
Dibbles: for the Greater Android Good
Aliens in the Box
Exorbis 2 Mobile
Orange Block Attack
Hue Runner Mobile
Reincarnation TEND Mobile

11th - 25th Place ($400)

in no particular order
Watermelon Bomb Mobile
Picma Squared Mobile
Reactance Mobile
Wood Puzzle: Levels Pack
Refraction Mobile
Castle Siege
Ninja Dogs Mobile
We are the Robots 2
Diggy Dig Mobile
Curving
Perpetual Blaze Mobile
Pipe it 2D
Popballoons Mobile
Gone to the Dogs Mobile
Infinite Tower RPG

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks so much for participating!

Flag Post

Nice work nerdook! x

Flag Post

Grats to all the winners!

Flag Post

Erm, why do all the games link to this thread? And use the long link, no less?

Flag Post

Congrats to all of the winner!

Flag Post

Grats to the winners! I really emjoyed Cat God vs. Sun King, and its victory was well deserved!

Flag Post

Gratz, you guys earned it!

I do have to say, this did disappoint me slightly. It seems that many of these games are just mobile versions of already popular games, would have hoped that more people would have gotten a chance to showcase games that weren’t already in the limelight.

But there’s even more to it. While I was particularly disappointed in the fact that many of the devs who won were already popular (thus kind of pushing down devs who aren’t as popular), some of these games themselves weren’t even original. I mean, nerdook’s game that won was just a mobile reskin of his game on here. Same with other games on here. I mean, even then, his winning game was “inspired” by another game, as he said. But it’s a bit more then that. It’s basically just another game that was already made, and nerdook just changed several spells.

It feels like this wasn’t as much of a chance for new devs, and it was just another time for the big devs on here to get more money and popularity. I mean, Kong used to be an indie dev haven, and now these same developers are dominating it. Sure, they make good games, but it screws some of us over.

Flag Post

Grats guys. Keep those mobile games coming :D

Flag Post

Now that’s a lot of money being dished out!

Here’s to hoping the next contest has just as awesome games!

Flag Post

congrats to all winners! let’s keep supporting kongregate arcade by making great games. :)

Flag Post

Oh, man. That is a huge pool of prize in this contest. Congratulations to all winners! And more congratulation to the grand prize winner!

Flag Post

Congrats, Nerdook! You deserve it!

Flag Post

All this money almost convinces me to make flash games.

Grats to nerdook and grats to all the runners up. You have far more motivation, creativity, and brains than I do.

Flag Post

congrats all the winners.

PS:- Nerdook I loved Cat God Vs Sun King. Keep up the good work.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ElBandito81:

Gratz, you guys earned it!

I do have to say, this did disappoint me slightly. It seems that many of these games are just mobile versions of already popular games, would have hoped that more people would have gotten a chance to showcase games that weren’t already in the limelight.

But there’s even more to it. While I was particularly disappointed in the fact that many of the devs who won were already popular (thus kind of pushing down devs who aren’t as popular), some of these games themselves weren’t even original. I mean, nerdook’s game that won was just a mobile reskin of his game on here. Same with other games on here. I mean, even then, his winning game was “inspired” by another game, as he said. But it’s a bit more then that. It’s basically just another game that was already made, and nerdook just changed several spells.

It feels like this wasn’t as much of a chance for new devs, and it was just another time for the big devs on here to get more money and popularity. I mean, Kong used to be an indie dev haven, and now these same developers are dominating it. Sure, they make good games, but it screws some of us over.

But the difference is that most of “these same developers” are actually still indie developers, just very good ones. Unless you’d prefer Kongregate to give awards to inferior products, this is as good as it’ll get.

Flag Post

I said a while ago I have an urge to start creating Flash games again.

Flag Post

NERDOOK!!!!! your really as awesome as ever!!! hmmmmmm what will you do with that money?

Flag Post

Nerdook just won 6000$? Neat

Originally posted by Shinigami27:

hmmmmmm what will you do with that money?

Yeah, what will you do with those 6000$ you’ve just won? Just being curious

Flag Post

$6000 DOLLARSS!!! wow lucky, Congratulations to all the winners.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maik50:

They’re should be a wat would you do with all this money contest ($2000) and if ur money spending idea was the best then you win it. 2 place is $1250 3-10 is $750 11-25 is $400 XD

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maik50:

$6000 – taxes&taxes&taxes&taxes&taxes = 30-40 pounds? I dunno, maybe he can buy an icecream or two

Flag Post
But the difference is that most of “these same developers” are actually still indie developers, just very good ones. Unless you’d prefer Kongregate to give awards to inferior products, this is as good as it’ll get.

I agree that these are the highest quality games, but that’s not the problem I’m pointing out. Kongregate now has the same problem that it used to be the answer to. Kongregate used to be the place for new indie devs tot be discovered and become popular, to be able to still be popular among all the big devs. But now, Kongregate has it’s own big name devs (nerdook, jmtb02, ArmorGames, etc.) that submit their games to the site, so we have the same people who make it impossible for the rest of us to be in the spotlight like them. Sure, they make the best games, but it creates a negative cycle. I think it’s great that they are popular and put their games on the site, but like I said, it creates a negative cycle.

Flag Post

That was a huge prize! Congratulations Nerdook and the rest of the winners, it was well deserved!

ElBandito81: Kongregate has it’s own big name devs (nerdook, jmtb02, ArmorGames, etc.)

ArmorGames is a company in its own right. They just make some extra money by uploading their games on Kongregate, but they are definitely not Kongregate devs.

Flag Post

Awesome winners, with massive prizes!

Will any of them getting mobile badges soon? ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by RiddleMaster:

That was a huge prize! Congratulations Nerdook and the rest of the winners, it was well deserved!

ElBandito81: Kongregate has it’s own big name devs (nerdook, jmtb02, ArmorGames, etc.)

ArmorGames is a company in its own right. They just make some extra money by uploading their games on Kongregate, but they are definitely not Kongregate devs.

Doesn’t matter that they are’t Devs who specifically upload to Kongregate, they contribute to the same problem.