Forums Kongregate

Puzzled about PAX cards? Read this

27 posts

Flag Post

Experienced users: Please keep bumped to try and end the endless questions

What is PAX?

The Penny Arcade eXpo, a convention that Kongregate staff recently maintained a stall at.

What is the PAX card?

A limited edition of Tafari. The only difference is it has small graphical changes, no gameplay difference, much like the alpha cards.

Where can I get one?

Did you attend PAX? If not you can’t. Don’t try. Each card works for one person only, and no one will give you their code or sell you one. It’s possible you could attain a card with a used code on, but that’s the best you’re likely to get.

Where can I find the code on the back of cards?

There is only a code on the back of real, actual cards, picked up at the convention. This has nothing to do with the virtual onsite cards.

Will this give me two Tafaris in my deck/profile?

Yes it will, a normal and special edition version, but it’s unconfirmed whether you’ll be able to use both at the same time when the card game is out. greg says there is a debate raging at Kongregate HQ over this question.

What if I prefer one over the other?

Well, this depends whether they decide to let you have 2 versions in your deck or not. Obviously if you can have 2 copies, you can just pick which one to choose. It seems most likely if you can’t you’ll be forced to use the Special Edition. Wait and see.

In summary, if you don’t know where to get one, you can’t. Please do not create a topic with inane questions, instead ask questions in this thread. This is not me gloating, as I didn’t attend and didn’t get any. I just wanted to try and stop the stream of “Omg where can 1 get a cardz?” and “where can I c the back of mi cardz?”

Hope this helps.

Credits to Arcane for his support and putting in the general information thread, and everyone who contributed to the thread with suggestions, discussions and/or questions.

Flag Post

Thanks. Now I can close the other threads.

Flag Post

No problem. I was getting annoyed by all the people who just post without so much as glancing at other topics. Maybe a big fat topic right at the top will catch their eye. We can only hope.

Flag Post

Will people who got it be able to have two Tafaris in their deck?

If this has been answered I apologise but it couldn’t hurt to have it here for good measure.

Flag Post

@unpro

Yes.

Flag Post

So it’s confirmed that a player can have both a card and a limited edition different card in the same deck? What about using the same card multiple times? This changes the game greatly.

Flag Post

Don’t know the answer to that one! Also, I don’t know if they can be in the same in game ‘deck’, but you can have both in your profile.

Guess I should have been more clear about that! I forgot that the hands in game are called decks :-P

Flag Post

Yeah I meant deck as in ‘in-game hand’.

Flag Post

There’s a bit of disagreement among the staff about whether those with both cards will be able to play with two Tafaris in their deck, but once the “True” side emerges victorious from the bloody office battle of freedom, rest assured that our new reign of prosperity will not allow two Tafaris in the same deck.

Flag Post

the Tafar1ans vs. the Twofarians?

what epic conflicts lie outside the realm of the normal user?

Flag Post

When I saw it I instantly thought, “Great, now people get to play with two Tafaris because they’re making the promo a separate card.” Glad to hear otherwise.

Flag Post

Bump. No new topics yet. Editted my post a bit with some of this discussion. I’ve decided to leave it as “unconfirmed”.

Flag Post

Aww man i was hoping to have a whole deck of tafaris and call it the Tafari Siege!

Flag Post

The Kong mods seem to fairly minimalistic about sticking threads. I would like that but I didn’t really fancy my chances of getting it. Maybe just or a month or so?

Flag Post

In the chatroom, we rule. In the forum, arcane rules :(

Flag Post

Yes. He am teh Forum Mod ninja

Flag Post

Thanks Arcane, what would we do without you?

Flag Post

Thanks for helping me nuke the thread arcane, sorry to anyone who lost posts they were fond of :)

Flag Post

No problem, I thought you might have been cleaning it up too :)

Flag Post

Hey mrhthepie, i referenced your post and added my own opinion on the one/two tafari debate on KCCG http://kongccg.blogspot.com/

Flag Post

I am going publicly on the record saying that if you can have multiple versions of cards in your deck it will be ridiculously stupid and a bad idea.

Flag Post

So…who is supporting the “Limited + normal cards” idea? Looks like nobody. Is somebody supporting the “Multiple cards” idea?

Flag Post

Supposedly there are some in Kong HQ in support of it. We can only hope that they come to see the light.

Flag Post

Well, I don’t support multiple Tafaris in your deck, but for the purpose of informing other people I’m leaving it as unconfirmed.

Flag Post

Limited Cards should replace the normal cards, except if the person doesn’t have the original card, in which he just gains an up with the Limited Card.