Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: CR 2011.08.24 page 3

63 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

There are a lot of games I like with ratings below 3. I think rating should be irrelevant.

I agree. The point is to get some gameplays to games that don’t have badges. Maybe a 2.5 minimum would be okay though.

Flag Post

I thought the old 3.5 rule was perfect. :P

Flag Post

I agree that’s EXTREMELY rare, but there actually are some games with a rating below 2.7 which are cool.
In my favourite list sadly I just have 2:
Capsules
iBall
and I have to admit they aren’t the ones I’m the most fond of.
But if we go down to games below 3.5, I have 62 games, which make up for about half of my favourite list. So I agree with the general principle that ratings shouldn’t matter at all.

Flag Post

At least >= 3 is a good limit I think.

Flag Post

There is no limit. Badges are given to games where it is possible and users would enjoy getting those badges. If a game is rated 1.00, but everyone would love to earn a badge on it, it will get a badge. Ratings make no difference, but give a general guide of how fun the game is.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

Nope, pretty sure it’s just a bug with that game.

I’m playing a special game. I’m special.

a special child? lol jk XD

Flag Post

I really think there should be some limit though. I don’t think it would be good if WantASliceOfPoo’s “games” showed up as recommended.

Flag Post

Remember, when Kong recommends a game, it’s because you enjoyed a similar game enough to rate it highly. So there’s a good chance you’d enjoy the games it recommends as well. Even if it’s from some guy named WantASliceOfPoo.

Flag Post
Originally posted by aturtledoesbite:

Remember, when Kong recommends a game, it’s because you enjoyed a similar game enough to rate it highly. So there’s a good chance you’d enjoy the games it recommends as well. Even if it’s from some guy named WantASliceOfPoo.

No need to link him, he’s already infamous. I truly cannot stand it when people spam crap games for revenue. I wish Kong had blamming.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BobTheCoolGuy:
Originally posted by racefan12:

There are a lot of games I like with ratings below 3. I think rating should be irrelevant.

I agree. The point is to get some gameplays to games that don’t have badges. Maybe a 2.5 minimum would be okay though.

Games with below 2.0 rating don’t show up anywhere unless you specifically search for them, according to the Kong FAQ. I was assuming that would be the case for this as well – nobody (so far) seems to have had anything lower rated.

I think its a great change, although the system needs some improvement. So far most of the games its shown me are high rated badged games, a lot of which I’ve played before anyway.

I would like to see badged games, plus anything currently frontpaged, removed from the recommendations because there are so many other ways to find those games already.

Alternatively, a reworking of the page to split the recommendations up into categories might be nice. If you were always recommended a certain number of games within each category (2-3, 3-4, 4+), you’d be able to take your pick from lower rated games that might interest you, or solid, high rated games that you can see will be good.

Flag Post
I would like to see badged games, plus anything currently frontpaged, removed from the recommendations because there are so many other ways to find those games already.

This. I don’t need you to recommend me the same games that I can see on the main page or on the first pages of the different game categories. Instead, I’d love to discover some new (even low rated) games with your recommendations system.

Flag Post

YAY !!!! , ive been waiting for this for ages , THANK YOU KONGREGATE !!!!!

Flag Post

so many award changes