Forums Kongregate

User Badge Graphs page 2

58 posts

Flag Post

Cool, now I know that I first had all badges on November 12th, 2008. That was most likely when I beat Kongai >.>

Flag Post

Why thank you fine sir for making this nifty tool :)

Flag Post

That’s a neat tool, nice work.

Flag Post

Pretty awesome tool.

Flag Post

Kudos to you. Very interesting.

Flag Post

It works! Thats a pretty nifty app, I need 600 more badges to complete my collection.

Flag Post

Bumping for new version: I added a way to compare your badge progress with another user, (or any two users). Those of you who are super-competitive now have another way to show off… ;).

Plus some other minor fixes…

Play with it here: http://zalbee.intricus.net/kong/graph.php?u=zAlbee&u2=DietSnapple135

Flag Post

Very nice, I really like seeing how many times I’ve tied users in badges :D

Edit: Had fun comparing high badge users to single badge users :3

Flag Post

Pretty badass.
Nice job!

Flag Post

http://zalbee.intricus.net/kong/graph.php?u=bobby71983

neat.

Flag Post

I earned over 60% of the badge that were on the site at the time within my first month on Kong? Jeez, I must have been playing all the time in class… and somehow I remember doing quite well that semester. Though, there were only ~570 total badges at that time, so I guess that makes it not nearly as bad. And I’ve been at over 90% of the badges earned for 34 months, now.

Math, I love it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by uzzbuzz:

Edit: Had fun comparing high badge users to single badge users :3

Sounds legit. :)

Glad you guys like it!

Flag Post

I think this new update has not allowed my laptop to grab any badge data. I try and see my graph I can’t. I try and see friends graphs’ and I can’t. Help me please.

Great work by the way.

Flag Post

Very cool graphs dude, nice work! :D

Flag Post

I really like it! Nice work.

Flag Post
Originally posted by t6salt:

I think this new update has not allowed my laptop to grab any badge data. I try and see my graph I can’t. I try and see friends graphs’ and I can’t. Help me please.

Great work by the way.

Sorry, there seems to be an issue with the script I use to copy the badge data from Kongregate to my server. It was running really slowly and giving an incomplete result, hence the error. It’s not actually related to any of the new code changes.

Try now.

Flag Post

zAlbee, love your feature to compare your badges with another user! Very neat idea.

Just thought I’d throw our hat in the ring also – as another badge graph tool.
On our app, The Kongregadget you can view all sorts of stats about your badges if you click on the Kongregate tab and then choose the Badge Stats app.

Flag Post

Excellent job! Just 4 very minor suggestions here:

1. Enlarge the graphs so as to be more detailed (especially to elongate the horizontal axis so as to provide axis labeling on each month / every two months)

2. For the badge-earning % graph, add more labels to the vertical axis up to 100%, even though someone never achieved 100% before.

3. Different graphs for easy / medium / hard / impossible badges

4. Generate a text report on some kinds of stats and records, like: badge stats at the moment, badge stats when badge-earning % was at peak, most badges earned in a day / a month / a year, most consecutive badges earned, etc

Flag Post

Yay it works now thank you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hizack:

Excellent job! Just 4 very minor suggestions here:

1. Enlarge the graphs so as to be more detailed (especially to elongate the horizontal axis so as to provide axis labeling on each month / every two months)

2. For the badge-earning % graph, add more labels to the vertical axis up to 100%, even though someone never achieved 100% before.

3. Different graphs for easy / medium / hard / impossible badges

4. Generate a text report on some kinds of stats and records, like: badge stats at the moment, badge stats when badge-earning % was at peak, most badges earned in a day / a month / a year, most consecutive badges earned, etc

Thanks for your comments.

1-2. For the axes, the graph is scaled to fit the data, and I will probably keep it that way instead of specifying some rigid scale. But I can look into adding a button to expand the graph size or toggle to 100% vertical scale.
3. A good idea, I wonder how to show this without adding too much clutter though.
4. Certainly. What do you mean by “most consecutive badges”?

Flag Post

A big update which I’ve been working on this past week. I added a whole new page of charts now.

These summary charts help point out some interesting trends. For example, did you know that Kongregate mainly releases new badges on weekdays during business hours, with higher occurences near end of day Thursday and Friday?

Second, it is hard to tell from the historical graphs how well you’ve been doing recently. To ameliorate this, recent stats per day are available.

Also, badge difficulty breakdown for the previous graphs was added. That was just a quick addition; I’ll be tweaking this in the days to come.

As always, enjoy. http://zalbee.intricus.net/kong/charts.php

Flag Post

Cool! Nice additions.

I’ve also noticed that Kong doesn’t seem to release as many badges lately. I believe the badges/month have been down for a couple months and are trending downwards – as though Kong is placing less emphasis on badges. I think lately it’s been around 25-30 badges per month, while in previous months, it’s been 40-45 badges per month.

Do you have any data to support that?

Flag Post

What time zone do the charts go by?

At first I assumed EST, but then I thought it might be PST because that’s Kong time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fricknmaniac:

What time zone do the charts go by?

At first I assumed EST, but then I thought it might be PST because that’s Kong time.

The page itself says that they’re based on Pacific Time, but at least for me, I find that my stats are based on my own time zone (Central Time), and my graph showing Kongregate’s badges by hour is shifted 2 hours to the right of the one posted in this thread.

EDIT: And although I can’t find it on the current implementation, the previous charts seemed to indicate that there had been a general increase in badges since September 2010.

Flag Post

Wow, looks like I’ve only gotten one badge at 5am…I thought I played through the night more often than that.

edit: Although I do have 135 at 6am.