Forums Kongregate

The Gamerkc Hub (Updated 9/13/07)

12 posts

Flag Post

Hello, fellow Kongers! In this dandy little piece of heaven, I shall discuss some things. Won’t you join me?

First and foremost, I’d like to apologize for my long absence from Kongregate. Summer and life in general got in the way, but I’m making an attempt to come back from the dead. Hopefully I won’t vanish again.

Next, I’d like to make a happy announcement- this winter, you may see a game from me! Please note the “may”. If high school and life don’t get too out of hand, yes, winter is the target, but no promises. I’m going to be learning a lot of flash, and though it might not be a five-star game, you should definitely see something playable from me in the future (exclusive to this site, may I add).

Now, back to the topic of my absence very quickly. I need help. No, not psychologi- actually, yeah, that too. But I’m referring to help with NEWS! I’ve been gone a while, so stop by and throw me a bone. What’s been happening while I’ve been in limbo? Please and thanks. ;)

The Gamerkc Newsletter. No, it’s not dead, just severely stalled. As an apologetic gift, my next issue will be sent out ASAP, SUPERIFIED. That means bigger and better! More Kongregate news and a nifty new section… you’ll see. Now with PICTURES.

Well, I’ll close up by congratulating any new mods and thanking anyone who took care of my room while I was gone (YEAH… like that happened). I now have 40 or so pages of God forsaken games to play through.

`THE DEVELOPER CORNER`

Aside from serving as my way to speak to everyone simultaneously, this thread will also now be my “bulletin board” for my first title. I’ll post my progress and all sorts of dandy news here, so check it out if you want.

~-9/13/07

The base of my game has been established. My very first flash game, folks, will be a DDR game!!! (Crickets chirp) Now, don’t get all emo on me. I know I just killed your joy like seeing Michael Jackson at your Sweet 16 party, but hear me out. This isn’t your father’s DDR game… er, or anyone else’s, for that matter. There’s a big twist that I’m sure you’ll enjoy! Even thought this is my first flash game, I’m confident it’ll entertain you for at least a few minutes. :)~

~-9/13/07

The title of this game has also been created (subject to change, though not likely): DDA. DDA is short for Dance Dance Adventure. This might give you a hint to the type of game it is, but it’ll be hard for you to know what the twist is unless I tell you, so keep guessing. :)~

~-9/16/07

Work on the project has begun. I’m following a basic method right now, creating games and screwing around with flash to get my basic layout done. It’ll take a while… I’m hoping I’ll be at least making the real game in a month or so, and be really rolling at that point. I’m also going to keep my target shot of winter, though it’s looking harder to keep that target…~

Flag Post

sup kc not that much news we have badges and if u havent played super crazy guitar maniac deluxe 2 yet u need to

Flag Post

Welcome back, KC. Thought Resident Evil 4 mighta given you a fatal heart attack :P

Well, haven’t seen you in a while… It’ll be nice to talk :3

Flag Post

Umm you can talk about.. `the change in the site’s layout, i.e. community is moved down, PAX, any new games (Tactics 100 is preferred), and the Wii Colab by atomicnoodle.

Flag Post

Ooh, thanks for the tips!

And hey, by the way. Great to be back. :)

Flag Post

Welcome back, I hope to see something awesome. I would also like your wii number if it’s okay.

Flag Post

Yeah, that’s fine. I’ll need yours if we’re to chit chat though. Let me dig up the number and I’ll get back to you.

Flag Post

You missed all the fun, the trolling and the stuff :(

Flag Post

There’ll be more, I’m sure. Woot! Then I can whip out my new BANana.

:)

Flag Post

Glad to have you back gamer! Looking forward to the next issue ;)

…BANana?

Flag Post

The trolling has just begun.(someone will hate me more for that)

Flag Post

Hey, if you’re a newsletter receiver of mine, I just sent a little clarification. Check your eemales.