Forums Kongregate

Sorting Out Users In Chat

38 posts

Flag Post

Hey guys I got some pretty cool ideas of how we could sort users in chat, you know how users are always sorted out in ABC order when you join a chat? Well I have some suggestions of sorting users out in chat a different way.

When you log in, they should give you options to sort out chat by Highest/Lowest level, by Date joined on Kong, Oldest/Newest, or by Game Playing, ABC order, its boring to always see chat have users sorted out in ABC order, cuz I sometimes want to see who the highest level in chat is, so a sorting users out by different categories would make it much easier to find out stuff.

Hope you like my suggestion, thanks

Flag Post

Although it’s a good suggestion, doing this would take a while. When I say while I don’t mean “Don’t worry this’ll take a day or two.” I mean “This’ll take a month or two, or maybe even longer”
Making this would take quite the effort since it might have something to do with html.
And I assume doing this with html would be quite difficult.

Flag Post

I think that’s a good idea!
Also implementing something like that shouldn’t be too diffcult

Flag Post

What would be the advantage of this? Also, post this in the suggestions thread.

Flag Post

Nice idea that I’d like to see implemented some time, but it’s not really all that important to me.

Flag Post

It doesn’t really matter, IMO, at least for me, since I’m not using chat that often anymore.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Seesine:

It doesn’t really matter, IMO, at least for me, since I’m not using chat that often anymore.

This. Also, I only chat only if the Forums are boring or I am banned from other gaming sites that I use to play games.

Flag Post

I don’t care about anyone who’s not on my friend list, though…. In the chat, that is…
Inb4causesoffence.
I’d rather not filter out people who aren’t already on my friends list.

Flag Post

Someone could probably make a userscript to do it.

Flag Post

I DEMAND THIS ADD ON!!

Flag Post

Of all the ideas I prefer the one that can help you know who is playing the same game as you :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by CasP3r1:

Although it’s a good suggestion, doing this would take a while. When I say while I don’t mean “Don’t worry this’ll take a day or two.” I mean “This’ll take a month or two, or maybe even longer”
Making this would take quite the effort since it might have something to do with html.
And I assume doing this with html would be quite difficult.

Actually, it would be extremely easy. Although implementing it may be difficult.

Would be awesome as a GM script though.

Flag Post

This is actually pretty sweet! A broader user sorting system would be much appreciated… I actually want this implemented.

Flag Post

Grrr, why dont admins actually listen to the good suggestions like my suggestion?

Flag Post

It is a good suggestion but it would lead to complications and too many of them..

Flag Post

While a good idea, it’s far from a programmers priority. The fact is, having the chat the way it is does not get a great load of complaints. However, I do enjoy the idea of highest/lowest levels, ranking friends (especially by level or better yet, I have a lot of good friends that aren’t mods that are shoved down because of mods in the room). In short, it’d be nice to have easy ways to sort friends, and then have more customizable ways (like I stated of mixing friends by your personal priority). Just some wishful thinking though. Make sure to post in the suggestion thread as previously stated =)

Flag Post

This is quite nice suggestion. I’d like to see it in future updates.

Flag Post

To add to that suggestion it would be nice if they could make a sort for developers to the top. Sometimes I want to play other amateur developers’ games and that would be easier if I didn’t need to search through all the names for the Ds. Finding Ms, Cs, Ks and Rs is pretty easy since they’re put right below yourself, but the Ds are still counted as normal users.

Flag Post

Ill keep mentionin this in Suggestions like every month

Flag Post

I still recommend this suggestion

Flag Post

I’m sure the administration has seen it and make a decision on the validity of the suggestion. Continuing to post it over and over again won’t help. It certainly won’t change their mind.

It’s a pretty cool idea, but obviously something they’ve decided again. Sometimes you need to know when to let go and move on.

Flag Post

The concept itself is useful to customizing your chatting experience, however the realistic possibility of it happening by way of Kongregate Administration appears low.

Have you considered contacting another user that’s capable in writing scripts and presenting them with this idea? It has merit, but it probably just needs to be done independently.

With that, I’d also suggest an option of Most Often in Chat to Least Often in Chat. It would give a great sense of who the regulars are in a specific chat, especially if a user has a complaint, question, or just general need that can be handled by a regular rather than a moderator if one isn’t present OR if the chatroom doesn’t have a room owner.

Flag Post

suggestion thread is never read

Flag Post

Good ideas.

Flag Post
Originally posted by riddleschool:

suggestion thread is never read

I agree