Forums Kongregate

Badges on Unity Games! Orly? page 2

108 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hunkadunkus:

Because Flash is limited in 3D capabilities that Unity offers?
You can create a living Fallout, or Morrowind clone on Unity in a tenth of the time it would take for flash.

You don’t really know what you’re talking about, do ya…

Flag Post

Whee! :D I really like a lot of the Unity games.

Really happy that they’re finally getting badged. :3

Flag Post

Oh, boy. Am I surprised.

Time to work out this game.

Flag Post

My desktop and laptop can’t support any unity games =(

Flag Post

im so exited you guys

Flag Post

The Unity program triggers anti-virus

Flag Post
Originally posted by UltimateChaos:

My desktop and laptop can’t support any unity games =(

lol u mad?

Originally posted by G0T0Guy:

The Unity program triggers anti-virus

>Norton

That’s the problem.

Flag Post

Unity game badges are colored even if unearned.

Flag Post

Glad that they’re starting to badge these games! But that was the second strangest game I’ve played all day besides that tourney game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ElBandito81:

Ok, so I’ve gotten about 73 stars, and have not gotten the easy badge. What do I do to manually submit it, or how do I get it to submit the score?

Also, (i know this is more internal of the game) you can sell stars for hints… (is there any way of getting starts back)…if not there should be at least a reset button because i sold 3 stars for a hint

Flag Post

shouldnt this be in the ‘news’ section of the homepage?

Flag Post

1. @Title: Orally.
2. Whilst I doubt there are any Unity badges I’ll ever be able to get due to having a shitty computer, I am happy some Unity games will be getting badges that other people will have, at least.
3. I’m also glad to hear they won’t be having any timed challenges, or anything otherwise missable for anyone not able to play Unity games.
4. Now that Unity games may start getting badges, will the rate at which badges come out on normal games be slowed down, or will it just stay the same as it has been?

Flag Post

Haven’t even bothered to play a Unity game due to having to download and install some crap to be able to play. I might just skip this game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SAl37:

Haven’t even bothered to play a Unity game due to having to download and install some crap to be able to play. I might just skip this game.

Feel really sorry for you, not being able to play flash games because you’d have to download Adobe crap (and the MaAfee crap that auto installs with it)

Flag Post
4. Now that Unity games may start getting badges, will the rate at which badges come out on normal games be slowed down, or will it just stay the same as it has been?</blockquote.>

The plan isn’t to just focus on Unity games until those are caught up, and leave out flash games entirely. This is all subject to change and shouldn’t be taken as gospel, but for the next bit, you can probably expect 1 Unity game to be badged every 1-3 weeks. Since they take time to badge and whatnot and it’s still just me and Greg making badges, I guess there will be a slight reduction of the rate at which flash games get badged, but it won’t be noticeable at all, if even existent.

Flag Post

I’M SO DAMN HAPPY!

I LOVE SAVE TOSHI!

ALSO, ALL CAPS FTW!

Flag Post
This way if there is Linux support added in the future,

oh oh oh umad?

Flag Post
Originally posted by rawismojo:

While those users won’t be able to earn the badges for right now, we felt that we still wanted to be able to promote these awesome games to the majority of people who can play the games. However, we still want to be fair to the people who can’t earn these badges and not have it ruin your Kongregate experience. So first, we’re including a little watermark image with the Unity logo on all badges that are assigned to Unity games, as you can see here:

This way if there is Linux support added in the future, those users are free to go back and earn everything Unity-related on the site.

And what about the people who can’t play because unity is too intensive and crashes their computers? I’ve heard save toshi isn’t that intensive so maybe I’ll be able to get these but not only are you cutting out Linux users but you’re cutting out users with computers more than say 5 years old. My computer just dies when I try and play almost any unity game. The once or twice I’ve managed to play a unity game I have the same problem as hiperson, I can’t connect to the chat.

Hopefully you’ll continue to focus on flash, a base that EVERYONE can play and only have a very few unity badges.

I dunno, I just feel like kong have made a couple of bad choices recently, this being one of them.

Flag Post

Why is everyone whining about the Unity badges?

At least more people are going to be able to get these than mobile badges.

EDIT: I wonder why some virus scans say Unity is a virus…?

Flag Post
Hopefully you’ll continue to focus on flash, a base that EVERYONE can play and only have a very few unity badges.

Flash will still be our primary focus, for sure. As I said before, I doubt this will actually impact the rate at which we badge flash games, and even if it does, it probably won’t be noticeable at all.

Flag Post

I like this idea, I don’t see what the problem is with people complaining about it, in the end they’re just badges to earn.

Flag Post

Also, there still are a truckload of Flash games that are badged. Unity games make only a small fraction of the Badged Games in Kongregate.

Flag Post

I am surprised and like it.
I am glad I run Dual-Boot.

Flag Post

I didn’t like because I can’t play. Linux user here.

Flag Post

Well, I personally hate having unearned badges, but I didn’t mind about the mobile badges because I could just pretend those don’t exist. I can still go to my campus library and earn unity badges there, unless it’s a massive game or something =(

I’m not sure if anyone else knows about it, but I’m mostly sure that you can screw yourself out of earning the Toshi badge if you buy any hints, since it permanently lowers your star count. (Unless kong tracks star counts in some other way.)