Forums Kongregate

Badges on Unity Games! Orly? page 3

108 posts

Flag Post

I’m not sure if anyone else knows about it, but I’m mostly sure that you can screw yourself out of earning the Toshi badge if you buy any hints, since it permanently lowers your star count.

The max amount is 145 stars, you can get 4 on some levels.
It’s easy anyway so no hints are needed.

Flag Post

Oh, I agree about no hints being needed. People can still make is possible so they can’t earn the badge though. If that happens they can always delete their save or use another computer I suppose.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jeimuzu185:

I like this idea, I don’t see what the problem is with people complaining about it, in the end they’re just badges to earn.

Badges that a lot of people1 can’t earn.

1 Linux users, people with old computers, the ones who play at work/school and can’t download/install Unity web player…

Flag Post

Linux users

Very few.

people with old computers

Should be disregarded.

the ones who play at work/school and can’t download/install Unity web player

Well that would be a stupid reason NOT to badge a game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UltimateChaos:

Oh, I agree about no hints being needed. People can still make is possible so they can’t earn the badge though. If that happens they can always delete their save or use another computer I suppose.

I agree that it does suck but it’s a hard badge for a reason, hints shouldn’t be used.

Originally posted by Senekis93:

I like this idea, I don’t see what the problem is with people complaining about it, in the end they’re just badges to earn.

1 Linux users, people with old computers, the ones who play at work/school and can’t download/install Unity web player…

What about the mobile badges? Even more people can’t earn them.

Flag Post

Those aren’t listed on the badges page, so you can pretend they don’t even exist, they’re a completely different category. You even access the mobile site with a different URL.

Flag Post

Those aren’t listed on the badges page, so you can pretend they don’t even exist, they’re a completely different category. You even access the mobile site with a different URL.

I know but the point is you need an android phone to get them and there are loads of badges.
So far, unity games have two badges, more will be made every 1-3 weeks. They still count as badges as well anyway so it is kind-of annoying.

the ones who play at work/school

Forgot to say this, people should not be playing games at work/school anyway so they should not count.

Flag Post

I know but the point is you need an android phone to get them and there are loads of badges.

No, the point is that they aren’t listed on the badges page, so you don’t have a list of N unearned badges that you’ll never be able to get and not becaue your lack of skill.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UltimateChaos:

Well, I personally hate having unearned badges, but I didn’t mind about the mobile badges because I could just pretend those don’t exist. I can still go to my campus library and earn unity badges there, unless it’s a massive game or something =(

I’m not sure if anyone else knows about it, but I’m mostly sure that you can screw yourself out of earning the Toshi badge if you buy any hints, since it permanently lowers your star count. (Unless kong tracks star counts in some other way.)

So far there are 7 scores above 145, the top two being 160 (i.e. they got 4 stars even on the levels where you can only get 3), I’m a bit dubious about even 145 being possible, but I haven’t used the hints.

I agree 130 will make this one of the easier hard badges, 140 would have been better

Flag Post

Any Linux user who can’t dual boot doesn’t deserve a Unity badge. Any Linux user who refuses to dual boot should know what they are passing up and live with the consequence of their choice.

Flag Post

really easy hard badge. I had 128 stars with two levels to go from 4 star levels (thanks to the glitchy physics that count double hits), so just had to spam through the last two levels.

Flag Post

So far, unity games have two badges, more will be made every 1-3 weeks. They still count as badges as well anyway so it is kind-of annoying.

But the point is you can’t even see them on the badges screen, these unity badges would leave a gaping hole in badge whore’s itinerary if, for whatever reason, they couldn’t get them due to them being unity. They should have a seperate section, much like mobile badges, then people like myself could continue to pretend they don’t exist much like I’m sure many people pretend the mobile badges don’t exist.

Flag Post

Hm…. I’m glad Unity isn’t laggy for me, and for downloading the player only took 30 seconds! Hooray :D

Flag Post

I personally find absurd how some guys are so egotistical to not want unity badges even knowing that those are a huge traffic booster for developers, that would be treated unfairly compared to other Kong games if such tools weren’t implemented; whatever is your current equipment, your computers are gonna get obsolete eventually and you’ll have to update your hardware. The badges will still be there for you to get in that case.

Flag Post

1. Linux doesn’t come installed on any computers. I mean, it was their own choice to switch to an OS that is incompatible with a ton of programs. THINK OF THE PEOPLE WHO TRADED COMPATIBILITY FOR MORE CONTROL Q.Q
2. Because people with super old computers are the same type who play games on their computer. Speaking of which, Nintendo DS games should be BANNED because I can’t play them on my Gameboy Pocket!! THINK OF THE PEOPLE WITH OLD, INFERIOR HARDWARE Q.Q
3. Most schools don’t allow you to play games on the internet. Playing flash games at work is a good way to be fired. Its like saying you should keep a weeks worth of food in your garage because someone might break in and get stuck. THINK OF THE PEOPLE WHO AREN’T SUPPOSED TO BE HERE Q.Q

Flag Post

I don’t see why Unity games can’t be badged. There are some Flash games that one can’t play on antiqued hardware anyway.

On the other hand, until Unity becomes a widespread tool on all platforms and has a decent web player for Linux, I am against Unity games being part of time limited challenges or for badges of the day. The former because it penalises people who do not have the hardware to play such games or the operating system to, and the latter for the same reasons, but in addition, it has real life repercussions if you have a PowerUps Reward linked.

As long as Unity games stay out of challenges or other offers that result in some real life repercussion, I’m fine as it is.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Save Toshi really lags at my computer, there are no colors at all and it doesn’t shoot when I tap. And my computer isn’t even old. Can somebody help me with this? I don’t like badges I can’t earn because of something this stupid.

Flag Post

Unity is only a problem to stubborn GNU/Linux users.

Things like this are the reason I have Windows installed in a virtual machine anyway.

Flag Post

That can’t be the problem, because I have Windows installed on my computer.

Flag Post

The only problem I am having at that time is that when I’m using Chrome, it lags after I test things out. It worked fine for me when I’m using Firefox.

Anyway, it’s really good to see one of the unity games get its badges. Shame that Save Toshi is too easy for several players (including myself). Oh, well. Maybe we can see another great unity games (the ones with higher rating) in the future.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DapperTiger:

Not really liking this. I don’t really see why we should download a whole program just to get badges. How much are you getting payed, sellout site?

Totally agree. Why should we have to download Adobe Flash just to play games? That’s stupid! From now on, games should be text only, and only playable on Internet Explorer.

EDIT: @Unity badges not being fair for people with old computers, my computer can only run about 1/10 newly badged games with a half-playable framerate, so we should remove all of the other badges for the games I can’t play, because it’s not fair to me.

Flag Post
badges you will NEVER be able to earn

If someone has what is now > 5 year old hardware forever, they don’t deserve them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sellyme:
badges you will NEVER be able to earn

If someone has what is now > 5 year old hardware forever, they don’t deserve them.

My computer is fully functional but 5 years old. I have no need to update my computer and the cost outweighs any benefits. Why should I be punished for my reasonable use of wealth?

Flag Post

As a windows user there is one thing I’d like to say: More unity badges. 3D fascinates people