Forums Kongregate

Beginner's Guide: Moderators and Admins

48 posts

Flag Post

This thread is about of the Moderators and Admins of Kongregate together. It explains what they do, how to be one, etc. (the descriptions may be extended sometimes, if I get good ideas)

Moderators

• Moderators are volunteer workers of Kongregate, that are nominated by current moderators.
    There are different types of moderators, which are called:
  • Forum moderators = They are normal moderators, but also having certain powers in the forums.
    They’re able to remove posts, lock threads, etc. in the forum they’re looking after.
    A forum moderator in one forum, is not one in another forum, for example, a forum moderator in Kongregate forum, isn’t a Forum moderator in Off-Topic.
    In certain occassions, a person can be a Forum moderator but not a normal Moderator. This is very rare, however. You can reach a forum moderator from here.

• Normal (chat) moderators = They only have powers in the chats of Kongregate.
    Their powers are limited into there; their icon is still shown in the Forums.

If a Forum moderator is on a forum, where he/she is not a Forum moderator on, his icon will be a normal M, because he/she has no actual forum moderating powers in a forum he/she isn’t looking after.

• Curators = Curators are moderators in the Art & Sounds, having other powers in there also.
    They’re able to delete Art and Sounds in there.

• Room Owner = Normal moderator, but being the owner of the chatroom where you are in. The chatroom is made by the administration.
    He/she could get a chatroom by asking it from the administration, and if the administration decides you got a room, they would give you one.
    Being a Room Owner requires you to spend time in your chatroom, but you’re allowed to visit other chatrooms too.

An user can be nominated as a moderator, if he/she acts maturely, friendly, and rule-abidingly in the community.
    A current moderator is able to nominate the person to the administration, where it’s voted if he/she is allowed to become a mod.

If you’re nominated/chosen to be a moderator, they will send you a PM or an e-mail.
    After the nomination, you’ll have training for future moderating.
    Moderators in general take care of any problems in the chats/community.
    You’re not actually required to be somewhere in certain time, and in a certain place as a moderator.

The moderators do their work whenever they play Kongregate.
    You’re able to reach a moderator by using Modfriend, an account specifically created to add every moderator in Kongregate.
  •  
    Flag Post

Administrators

Administrators , or admins are the staff of Kongregate.
    They are paid for working in Kongregate, meaning it is an actual job for them.

Kongregate admins have an account in Kongregate, but depending on what they do makes them to be more or less on those accounts.
    Most of the staff have their own job, ranging from making Badges to other things.

Getting a job from Kongregate requires you to be able to work in USA, and having you to be 18+.
    You can send an application to the staff if you want to work in Kongregate.
    (See the Jobs for getting a job from Kongregate)

Administrators have all of the powers of every moderator, and the ability to remove a moderator status from a moderator.

Every admin is visible in this person’s Friends.

Updates (26.9.11)

- Removed brackets from images, it looked silly

Flag Post

Normal moderator, but being the creator of the chatroom you are in.

Just a correction, we don’t create the rooms. They’re being created by the administrators.

Flag Post
    Originally posted by Darkruler2005:

Normal moderator, but being the creator of the chatroom you are in.

Just a correction, we don’t create the rooms. They’re being created by the administorators.

Thanks for the correction. :)

Flag Post

how become mod????

Flag Post
    Originally posted by yourmomdad:

how become mod????

An user can be nominated as a moderator, if he/she acts maturely, friendly, and rule-abidingly in the community.
    A current moderator is can nominate the person to the administration, where it’s voted if he/she is allowed to become a mod.

Flag Post

He was being sarcastic, Candy.
    Yourmomdad’s been on here far too long not to know about trivial issues.

Flag Post

You should add a link to forummodfriend, Candy ;)

To be added is, even if a moderator nominates a user, admins will make the final choice of whether or not to make him/her a moderator.

You should also edit the links to modfriend and stafffriend so they send the user directly to their friend list ;)

Flag Post
    Originally posted by MadJedi:

To be added is, even if a moderator nominates a user, admins will make the final choice of whether or not to make him/her a moderator.

forummodfriend needs more fans, he is so lonely!

Flag Post

Forummodfriend is heavily outdated. I advise users to check the top right corner for a list of moderators in the forum category :/

Flag Post
    Originally posted by MadJedi:

You should also edit the links to modfriend and stafffriend so they send the user directly to their friend list ;)

Will do :)
    Originally posted by Hunkadunkus:

He was being sarcastic, Candy.
    Yourmomdad’s been on here far too long not to know about trivial issues.

I still wanted to point that out. :P

Flag Post

Forummodfriend is heavily outdated. I advise users to check the top right corner for a list of moderators in the forum category :/

It is still helpful sometimes, is there any way to get Marh to update it?

Flag Post
    Originally posted by braves055:

No. He’s too busy saving the universe and having sex with beautiful women.

Flag Post

In that case, here is our answer for now.
    Yell at me if I missed anyone.

Flag Post

Marh, updating things?
    Don’t be absurd.

Flag Post
    Originally posted by oOTrentOo:

I feel like all of these threads have already been created…

But you’ve never seen a thread have admins and moderators explained together, have you?

Flag Post

CandyCastle, stop trying so hard.
    YOU WILL NEVER BECOME A MOD.
    /thread

That’s exactly what I was going to say when I saw this thread :/

Flag Post
    Originally posted by CandyCastle:

But you’ve never seen a thread have admins and moderators explained together, have you?

Of course we have.
    hurr durr

Flag Post

I have heard of people having T’s by their names. What are they mods of?

Flag Post
    Originally posted by Mafefe_:

Tilapia

Flag Post

Good job Candy. This will help out all the new users of Kongregate.

Flag Post

That feature got removed recently, but it was used to identify troll alts by IP, hence “T”.

Flag Post

You can think whatever you want bro/sis…/it. I don’t care. :)

Flag Post
    Originally posted by CandyCastle:

You can think whatever you want bro/sis. I don’t care. :)

Cocoa is a “it”. Keep that in mind.

Flag Post

Tilapia

Epic win. ^
    Hm, maybe we can get Marh to give ForumModfriend to someone who can keep it updated.
    ForumModfriend2 is cool too, but his name is not as catchy. o: