Forums Kongregate

So, what do you guys think about the new Kongregate layout?

252 posts

Flag Post

I really, really like it. What about you?

Good job Kongregate staff, well done.

Also, I ninja’d the staff to making this thread.

Just an fyi, there are 3 variations of the new layout, and the old one. You are randomly assigned one, no way to switch unless you use a different browser, where you will once again be randomly assigned one.

Here’s the 3 new variations, I think you all remember the old one well enough for it not to require an image.

1)

2)

3)

Flag Post

Wow, this was unexpected.

edit: Anyone else get lots of errors when clicking on achievements or other buttons?

Flag Post

You ninja’d me and the staff :P
But I love it!

Flag Post

I hate it

Flag Post

I don’t like the fact I can’t see if I have any messages without mousing over MY PR0FILE and I don’t like all the bullshit at the bottom of the screen. I’ll definitely be using a script to get rid of that shit.

Flag Post

This sucks, they better change it wtf… now I cant find out how to go to home page

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cammy_Justice:

I don’t like the fact I can’t see if I have any messages without mousing over MY PR0FILE and I don’t like all the bullshit at the bottom of the screen. I’ll definitely be using a script to get rid of that shit.

this also the font size used at the top of the page can get annoying and hurt my eyes

Flag Post

Different people have different layouts, so you can post screenies. :^) I seem to have the old one.

Flag Post

PM it to me when you get it.

Flag Post

This will get sometime to get used to…

Flag Post

Just noticed the little levelup bar underneath my profile! Pretty cool. Makes me feel like I’m a Pokemon. :P

Flag Post

I agree, this is really annoying, messages, why do you hide from me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 6619510155102464:

This sucks, they better change it wtf… now I cant find out how to go to home page

Just clicked the massive KONGREGATE word.

Flag Post

I keep on getting dead links, not sure what specifically is causing it. Happens randomly when viewing threads or even clicking the “My Profile” button.
Might just be traffic.

Meh, the stuff on the bottom is cool, but a hid button would be sort of nice IMO. Also, I agree with the messages thing a bit. Just a number next to the “My Profile” thing that shows the amount of messages would be nice.

Flag Post

The level up bar is cool and I love the fact that I can go to any forums just by mousing over the community bar and I can see the badge of the day from the achievements bar. Well done Kongregate.

Flag Post

It’s much worse. All it did is add unnecessary mouseovers.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BobTheCoolGuy:

Different people have different layouts, so you can post screenies. :^) I seem to have the old one.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2wgzy54.png

Flag Post

I hated it at first and wanted to kill it with fire, then I scrolled over one of them and I kinda like it. It does look a bit odd tho at first but it seems good.

Originally posted by ElBandito81:

I keep on getting dead links, not sure what specifically is causing it. Happens randomly when viewing threads or even clicking the “My Profile” button.
Might just be traffic.

Same here…

One good thing with the update is all of the forums wont be as annoying to get to.

Flag Post

I am jealous.

Flag Post

I like it. Just needs larger letters since right now you need to squint to really read it.. Also would love if it could display messages without mousing over.

Flag Post

So far:
Pros- Forum quick links, looks pretty snazzy, level-up bar.
Cons- No more messages easily being seen, annoying text at bottom, small lettering.

Flag Post

A very unexpected result to a maintenance indeed, but I kinda like the new EXP Points bar in ‘My Profile’. It’s a little fancy for knowing how far you are from the next level up instead of clicking your level to see. Other than that, I’d say it’s more organised and we’ll get used to it and love it eventually :D

Flag Post

pics top:

bottom:

Flag Post
Originally posted by Deadrights:

http://i54.tinypic.com/2wgzy54.png

For me, the “My Profile” thing is above the search.
I hate inconsistencies, why is this happening? Maybe it has to do with screen size?

Originally posted by Sikesalicous:

pics top:

bottom:

Hmm, for the bar at the very top, it just says “My Profile”, and has a picture of a body and a head. Stick figure body and head, that is. I don’t have that other stuff.

Flag Post

I must say that I find it pretty fancy :D though I would remove the Featured seccions in games, no one ever uses exept for Top Rated and Your Favorites, I suggest moving them to categories :P