Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: New navigation and footer test and changes to developer payment history pages page 2

811 posts

Flag Post

Make the font in the drop-down menus easier to read and I may like this a little more.

Flag Post

Sucks to me…

Flag Post
Originally posted by RiGhTeOuSzAm:

It’s gay.

Originally posted by AlextheGreat13:

It’s different. I don’t like change.

Originally posted by Jeimuzu185:

I would say the profile part looks downgraded from what it was.

Originally posted by Johanna_T:

Sorry, I don’t like it.

Can we at least have our message box where we can see it?

Originally posted by SAl37:

I want the “x friends online” feature right next to my username back!

Originally posted by HappyYay:

I can no longer see my messages without mousing over my profile.

I can no longer see any basic information about me without mousing over my profile.

This is not a good thing. Also, the thing at the bottom is intrusive and useless

Originally posted by MoonlaughMaster:

Why the hell did you take away the grey on the header? Now it’s too red, and there’s nothing separating the header from the page. At least change the coloring and add SOME sort of border.

Originally posted by Cammy_Justice:

It is poorly designed for the most part and the footer is so large that it fucks up my forum posting experience.

Originally posted by Shuckle_:

This shit sucks.
I would vomit Toxic into OP’s mouth if he came to Johto.

Originally posted by Fabdlnltc:

I like the new layout, but, is possible to put the x friends online next to the username? Because, i use that thing only for that, and surely i’m not the one who’s doing this.

Originally posted by Reimu_Hakurei:

Why is the bottom tab so filled with useless information and taking up more space than it needs to be?

AGREE WITH ALL OF THESE

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sakuya:

Funny enough: I didn’t get the change. Yes, I’ve opened a new Kong window and looked ;P Both Firefox AND Chrome.

Saku, stop living in the past. :o
Focus on the future!
But seriously, you’ll like the update. I wonder why it’s not showing up.
Maybe try clearing your cache.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fabdlnltc:

I like the new layout, but, is possible to put the x friends online next to the username? Because, i use that thing only for that, and surely i’m not the one who’s doing this.

^
Also I dont know if you guys haven’t noticed yet, but I think you forgot to added a direct link to the “New Games” seccion.
However, I like the update :D

Flag Post

pretty crazy

Flag Post
Originally posted by Live2Die:
Originally posted by Sakuya:

Funny enough: I didn’t get the change. Yes, I’ve opened a new Kong window and looked ;P Both Firefox AND Chrome.

Saku, stop living in the past. :o
Focus on the future!
But seriously, you’ll like the update. I wonder why it’s not showing up.
Maybe try clearing your cache.

Why would she be expected like the change if the majority of people dislike it?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Live2Die:
But seriously, you’ll like the update.

You are lying both to Sakuya and yourself.

Flag Post

Just add a border to separate top from page and it will be fine.

Flag Post

While I do like the new features and layout, I agree with Reimu hakurei,the information on the bottom of the page bothers me a lot and in my humble opinion most of it is useless or could be compressed.

Maybe my opinion is biased, since I’m Argentinian and we don’t have any GameStop centers over here, therefore I don’t care about the PowerUp Rewards, for example, or maybe because I’m not a developer.

Still I like it overall, and must admit that the page is starting to look moar liek srs bsns.

Flag Post

overall i don’t like it. needs a compromise between the old top bar and the new one, with the new drop-down menus but also with some relevant info that shows up automatically beside the My Profile button. it looks like the change could be very welcome if a few tweaks are done. some of the changes seem unnecessary.

Flag Post

Hey guys,

So to be clear there are three different versions of the new navigation that we’re testing, partly to get data from people really using it to understand what’s the most important. In all of them we had several goals:
1) to reduce the overall space taken up by the header, so that more of the game can fit into the screen
2) to make it easier to navigate — in the old version if you wanted to jump to something on the far right of any sub nav it took a lot of careful mousework to get over there, and we had a hard limit on how much we could put in there — now we can organize it and be much more flexible with what we put in there. Now your recommendations are in with games, badge of the day is showing under achievements, and all the forums are up available immediately.
3) move less accessed resource to the footer and increase organization there.

Reducing the overall space requires some compromises, so a main part of what we are testing is different versions of height. One variant keeps a slimmed-down version of what was in the old nav (points, avatar, etc), one variant has all of that down in the profile (but has new message notifications that pop up, don’t worry), and one variant is somewhere in between.

I know it can take some time getting used to new things but there’s a lot here to like, give it a chance for a few days. We don’t expect that we got everything in there that really needs to be in there the first time but with the flexibility of the new system we can adjust. So over the next week or so we’re going to be taking both your feedback and the usage patterns we see to iterate and improve on what you’re seeing.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by emily_greer:

Hey guys,

So to be clear there are three different versions of the new navigation that we’re testing, partly to get data from people really using it to understand what’s the most important. In all of them we had several goals: 1) to reduce the overall space taken up by the header, so that more of the game can fit into the screen and 2) to make it easier to navigate — in the old version if you wanted to jump to something on the far right of any sub nav it took a lot of careful mousework to get over there, and we had a hard limit on how much we could put in there — now we can organize it and be much more flexible with what we put in there. Now your recommendations are in with games, badge of the day is showing under achievements, and all the forums are up available immediately.

Reducing the overall space requires some compromises, so a main part of what we are testing is different versions of height. One variant keeps a slimmed-down version of what was in the old nav (points, avatar, etc), one variant has all of that down in the profile (but has new message notifications that pop up, don’t worry), and one variant is somewhere in between.

I know it can take some time getting used to new things but there’s a lot here to like, give it a chance for a few days. We don’t expect that we got everything in there that really needs to be in there the first time but with the flexibility of the new system we can adjust. So over the next week or so we’re going to be taking both your feedback and the usage patterns we see to iterate and improve on what you’re seeing.

Hey, I like the idea of the slimmed down header, but please tell me the coloring is just testing. Because an all red header looks like something an amateur portfolio site would do.

Flag Post

OH MY WOW!!!!! i love new kong :D

Flag Post

New outlook is lame
Only thing I like is the bar that shows us our points needed to next level. I like to know what percent of a level is left.

Flag Post

Emily, [Removed].
IF IT AIN’T BROKE DON’T FIX IT

What happened to the nice Shuckle_ we knew…

Flag Post

as my second account….(other is leafmiilone) I LOVE NEW KONG:D

Flag Post
Originally posted by JimmyTheSqealer:

Emily, [Removed].
IF IT AIN’T BROKE DON’T FIX IT

What happened to the nice Shuckle_ we knew…

Everyone gets angry sometimes.

Flag Post

The old site was not broken, it worked perfectly fine! as stated above, in the version i’m now using there is no way to access the New Games section and there seem to be many small annoyances, such as the inability to see your friends, points, etc. without hovering over My Profile. Seems like a small / insignificant problem, but why create even a small problem if you don’t have to? If I need to weigh in on the version I have now: PLEASE GIVE ME THE OLD ONE BACK. the drop-down menus are great, but they are lacking. Overall just a bad update to the site.

Flag Post

My heart stopped a beat when I got on. Love the community tab. Now I can just go to the forum I want without going to the list.

Honestly, I liked the old layout a bit better. You’re making everything clumped together. Don’t get me wrong, I still like this layout, just needs to get use to it.

Flag Post

Can you see the problem?

Flag Post
Originally posted by beezlee3:

as my second account….(other is leafmiilone) I LOVE NEW KONG:D

You post on a different account to show artificial support for people just skimming the thread?

Get the hell out.

Flag Post

It looks like a period-covered facebook. Do not want.

Flag Post

I think the new layout is only for people livin in USA, cuz 3 Australians I talked to just now, said they have the old layout and nothing changed, while the people livin in USA, everything changed, so I wanna know, whos layout changed and whos didnt, and how could we get the old one back