Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: New navigation and footer test and changes to developer payment history pages page 30

811 posts

Flag Post

I really really like the new lay out. So much cleaner and useful! :)

Flag Post

After using it a while, these are my grievances
1. Needs to scale for widescreen monitors
2. Footer is annoying
3. No easy way to access favorite games
4. Badge of the day does not tell you what game it is for.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnRulz:

After using it a while, these are my grievances
3. No easy way to access favorite games

Ermm…

Flag Post

I dont like the new design as well.
A friend of mine still has the old design, whats going on? I want the old design back!

Flag Post

Disagree with me if you will, but this shouldn’t influence the ideas of the developing team too much. People hate change and people also tend to complain, but not always complement. For that reason if we hate this layout to begin with and changed to the old one people would be complaining just as much. Personally, I like the layout and think it looks slicker.

Flag Post
Originally posted by joshduman:

Disagree with me if you will, but this shouldn’t influence the ideas of the developing team too much. People hate change and people also tend to complain, but not always complement. For that reason if we hate this layout to begin with and changed to the old one people would be complaining just as much. Personally, I like the layout and think it looks slicker.

Agreed.

Flag Post

I don’t like how the username and profile thing got so small… I do like how the “points to level up” is displayed though, but the graph for the “points needed for next level” under the profile drop down is messed up. It just shows a bar that is 90% full and when you get closer it fills up. This provides no real way to see how far along you are in your current level. IMO it should be empty when you level up and say your previous level on the left of the bar, then fill up based on percentage and say your next level (as it currently does) on the right of the graph.

Flag Post

i absolutely despise this layout. I think i could stand it, except where you have to hold your mouse over the login button while you are typing

Flag Post

I just want the old profile thing back.
Or else I can only hope for it to revert back due to nostalgia D:

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cammy_Justice:
Originally posted by Hunkadunkus:

I still can’t see what the fuss is about.

I will sperge over whatever I want to sperge over. That’s just how I roll. If I have a minor problem with a free service, it is my right to flip my shit and make ineffectual threats.

For a free service you should not complain at all. For a paid one then you can complain about it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Chadworthy:

I don’t like how the username and profile thing got so small… I do like how the “points to level up” is displayed though, but the graph for the “points needed for next level” under the profile drop down is messed up. It just shows a bar that is 90% full and when you get closer it fills up. This provides no real way to see how far along you are in your current level. IMO it should be empty when you level up and say your previous level on the left of the bar, then fill up based on percentage and say your next level (as it currently does) on the right of the graph.

Good call. The point bar we have now looks funny, works out but it’s unrealistic. For instance, I’m only few hundred points away from level 62 and the point bar looks about 90% filled. The major issue is when I first time hit level 61, I started with a bar that was about 70-80% filled. Now there’s your problem. And I can say that fixing this issue wouldn’t be too big deal

Flag Post

Still hate this god awful new layout. If it wasnt for Tyrant I would have started to look elsewhere by now. So much for making “improvements”. No profile, the crappy broken roll-overs that spring up and dont go away if you accidentally go anywhere near them, the colour scheme, no message alerts and no chance of it going back to the old site that worked perfectly well. Oh, and as for the reason given for the change, the game window is no bigger that it was and you can play full screen with better Kong anyway.

Flag Post

I gotta say that I actually like the new layout – the only thing I hate about it is the My Profile button.. I want to see my points / name / avatar – it seems so unpersonal like this atm – as if I’m not even logged in. Something like UnknownGuardian posted would be a good approch.. Although the design of that one isn’t too good. :D

It would also be nice to have a little icon next to each entry in the dropdown menus – would really increase clearness and make it more intuitive to use, since it’s just a text wall atm and you really need to get used to it to know where the entry you are looking for is immediately. There’d be plenty of space for that.

A don’t care to much about the large footer – I mean, why should I even scroll down that far? ;)

And, I agree that the BotD part should have the game’s name on it.
Could also be nice to add the latest badges created / current challenges / mention the latest games that got badges on the achievements tab (or even better, the latest unearned badge / a random unearned badge)

Flag Post

wow. I don’t why people are not liking this new layout and the new changes, but I really liked all of the changes. People are ranting just like people ranted on when Facebook changes- I liked the Facebook changes too.

Go on with it people it is really good, and I think the developers have done a great job. Change is good – Only Imbeciles don’t change their mind.

You should be giving suggestions to the developers instead of ranting to give you the previous version.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Danny_Phantom_:

wow. I don’t why people are not liking this new layout and the new changes, but I really liked all of the changes. People are ranting just like people ranted on when Facebook changes- I liked the Facebook changes too.

Go on with it people it is really good, and I think the developers have done a great job. Change is good – Only Imbeciles don’t change their mind.

You should be giving suggestions to the developers instead of ranting to give you the previous version.

I have set out what I dont like about the new designs, and i asked for the old design back because it did not have the problems I have raised with the version I have been lumbered with. And only an imbecile would blindly accept change for changes sake when no improvement can be found.

Flag Post

I don’t see any fault in the new design. So please mention some flaws.

And I am not blindly accepting it, I see no flaw in it, it is running good. And I still can access games, my profile with it. There is no Problem. So I think you have a little less experience with Computers. that is why you’re having a hard time using it. :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by SkorpionGemini:

I’m still looking for an option to change back to the “classic” mode. That can tell you how much I dislike the update.

Unfortunately, the server space kongregate would require to give users the option just isn’t there :/ After using the new layout, my biggest concern is that it just looks…bad. Not nearly as aesthetically pleasing as the old one.

This and the fact that the old one never even needed to be changed. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

And I feel it will be difficult for new users to figure out that the big “kongregate” header IS the “home” button now.

Flag Post

The winning entry is surprisingly applicable here

Flag Post

how do you get to the new page? plez tell me

Flag Post
Originally posted by hiperson134:After using the new layout, my biggest concern is that it just looks…bad. Not nearly as aesthetically pleasing as the old one.

This and the fact that the old one never even needed to be changed. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Opinions. I think the layout is actually more aesthetically pleasing. As far as the “it didn’t need to be changed” argument—Things get stale if they don’t change every so often. Some people didn’t even bother with half the options on the old layout because they were so familiar with it. Changing things makes people stop and actually try stuff, which creates buzz and gets people talking about Kong (which we’ve seen)—it’s the same reason department stores change their layouts every so often.

Flag Post

i have no idea why i’m posfging this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by calvindang:

i have no idea why i’m posfging this.

Because you want to help me propagate this design!

I gotta say that I actually like the new layout – the only thing I hate about it is the My Profile button.. I want to see my points / name / avatar – it seems so unpersonal like this atm – as if I’m not even logged in.

My sentiments exactly.

Something like UnknownGuardian posted would be a good approch.. Although the design of that one isn’t too good. :D

That was me, converted from an image by Zshadow. UG has pretty much nothing to do with it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Danny_Phantom_:

I have give my suggestion, but they didnt accepted it here is my suggestion (who many liked)

Originally posted by Darkportals:

I realy hate the changes, I liked it best the way it was so here is my suggestion make a button on your profile-page so you can change between before and after look

Flag Post

They stopped caring what we think about the new layout days ago (if at all), and here we are still moaning about it.

Flag Post

This site layout to me in three words.

I. HATE. IT!

I can’t see my friends from the profile tab.

I can;t see my messages from my profile tab.

I can’s see my Avatar very well from my profile tab. The things are so puny, why have avatars! I worked to animate it, and now I can’t even watch it!

The footer is too big, the header is too red, and honestly, I hate how the tab roll-overs work. If I roll over the tab to get it to display, why do I need to click out of it to get it to go away? If you’re going to do that, at least don’t make it get in the way of the game!

Honestly, I respect what the people here at kongregate do, but I’ve lost a lot of my respect and enjoyment for the site and the admins of the site. Good concept, but bad execution. REALLY, REALLY bad execution. (Like modern warefare 2.)