Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: New navigation and footer test and changes to developer payment history pages page 31

811 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by rosate:

This site layout to me in three words.

I. HATE. IT!

Very constructive.

I can’t see my friends from the profile tab.

Yes, you can. It’s only in the community tab now.

I can;t see my messages from my profile tab.

Yes, you can. You even get a pop-up once you receive a message.

I can’s see my Avatar very well from my profile tab. The things are so puny, why have avatars! I worked to animate it, and now I can’t even watch it!

The avatar is mainly there for others to identify you easier.

The footer is too big

True.

the header is too red

Da fuk?!

and honestly, I hate how the tab roll-overs work. If I roll over the tab to get it to display, why do I need to click out of it to get it to go away?

You have to? |checks| Nope. It vanishes after you move the mouse out of the menu.

If you’re going to do that, at least don’t make it get in the way of the game!

You have to try really hard to get the mouse there while playing.

Honestly, I respect what the people here at kongregate do, but I’ve lost a lot of my respect and enjoyment for the site and the admins of the site. Good concept, but bad execution. REALLY, REALLY bad execution.

In my opinion it makes navigating a lot faster. You have only a few basic main tabs, so these don’t take a lot of space away, and the drop down menus offer pretty much all the links you need. It is much more organised than before.

Flag Post

I still stick by my opinion. By not on the profile tab, I mean the one with the Avatar. I don’t want to have to hover over to see my friends and messages.

Flag Post

Something for the next update:
Online saving- save your stuff to the kongregate servers so you can have your saves anywhere you go

Flag Post
Originally posted by rosate:

I still stick by my opinion. By not on the profile tab, I mean the one with the Avatar. I don’t want to have to hover over to see my friends and messages.

So your point is that you don’t want to move your mouse there to access this information although you also had to move your mouse there to access this information before?

OK…

Flag Post

No, I want to be able to know if I have a friend online while still using my mouse to attack The Omen.

Flag Post

am starting to get used to(not like) the new one though if i could i would use the old one

Flag Post

con tutti i soldi che avete non riuscite a pagare qualcuno che studi le funzionalità migliori per il sito kongregate, è incredibile anche per un italiano.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gastone:

con tutti i soldi che avete non riuscite a pagare qualcuno che studi le funzionalità migliori per il sito kongregate, è incredibile anche per un italiano.

with all the money that you can not pay someone who studies the best features for the site Kongregate, it’s amazing for an Italian. google is a fail >.>

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zombiekilla2:
Originally posted by Gastone:

with all the money that you can not pay someone who studies the best features for the site Kongregate, it’s amazing for an Italian. google is a fail >.>

“With all the money you [are supposed to] have, you [still] can’t pay someone to study the best features for Kongregate – it’s incredible for an Italian too”
fix’d (still, it doesn’t make so much sense)

Anyway, I’d not like to be in their shoes: on one side, the site’s layout was quite old (and old-ish); on the other, this doesn’t even resemble a so-called “2.0” approach (and it lacks of functionality, and order). So, something had to be done, my bet is that it’s still a work in progress. I’d not like to be in their shoes ‘cause they have to take care of the over 9000 ie6 out there (wouldn’t you support the browser most used in all those – poor – schools/public institutions/china?).

Flag Post

Where is the new games section the main screen ? the new games had lost plays because nobody cant see they….
Kong want only hot new games in the front ?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dailion:

Where is the new games section the main screen ? the new games had lost plays because nobody cant see they….
Kong want only hot new games in the front ?

You can click on games and then select to order them by publishing date. But agree, the new games should come back.

Flag Post

So, when are we getting a fix, admin? Because last I checked, it had been 1.5 weeks since this whole fuck-up occurred and no one is doing anything about it. If it was just a trial, then you have your feedback already and you can go back to the old one. If it is permanent, then you have completely ignored the desires of your userbase, which anyone with a mite of business sense knows is a bad idea.

All we, the average users of this site, know is that there is new formatting, and nothing is getting done to fix how backwards the whole thing is.

Flag Post

tl;dr lots of people from /b/ seem to like Kongregate.

I’ve seen a new layout for, like, twelve seconds. Considering I’m not dependent on this site like it was my very life, I kinda just went lol ‘k, signed in, and then I had the normal design again. Didn’t have enough time to form any opinions.

If you think the site has a bad design now, state your complaints and move on; bawwing about it over and over, making an effing volcano out of a molehill, on every single page, over the same exact detail, will just make people more likely to dismiss you as a whiny little bi—uh, person. I meant to say person. Of course.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Redesignated:

I don’t think you know what /b/ is, or if you do, you have a rudimentary and incorrect grasp on what it is.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cammy_Justice:

I don’t think you know what /b/ is, or if you do, you have a rudimentary and incorrect grasp on what it is.

How so? I’m seeing people complaining about things, loads of people telling them to be quiet and get over it, and then that first group of people telling the second to leave them alone because they can speak their mind; somewhere in there, a troll or two sneaks in to fan the fire, if one or both of those two groups weren’t made of trolls to begin with. Actually, this scenario seems like it could be applied to most of 4chan in its entirety, not just /b/. Oh, Internet, you and your near-universal truths.

As should be obvious, I’m not referencing the large portion of /b/tards that are out for disturbing each other with stories of exploding cucumbers filled with fire ants. They just kind of defy classification, in their own special way.

Flag Post

Well I’ve lived with this new layout for over a week. What do I think about this new layout now? The answer is “Meh”. But, if I could choose between current layout between old layout, I’d pick old layout.

Flag Post

I hate new design, its terrible. Change it back or at least give us choice, like two skins, the new and the old one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dargdargdarg:

I hate new design, its terrible. Change it back or at least give us choice, like two skins, the new and the old one.

While I don’t “hate” it, it’s certainly not good to enforce change when there is so much negative feedback on it.
Having an option to still use the old interface (even slightly modernizeD) would be a great way to silence any haters.

People dislike change, it’s in their nature.

Flag Post

Ok, here is a PRO SUGGESTION

Remove the “Account Settings” link in the profile tab because the only thing a normal user can do there is connect to their facebook account. Put the facebook connecting thing in the footer.

In its place, put a link to a user’s recent posts (the only way to navigate to this page right now is to click on your post count next to your post or on your profile). This is important because many users use their recent post list to look at responses to their posts.

OR

just put a link to the user’s recent posts in the community tab.

Since links there are put in 2 columns, also put a link to your watched threads there to keep the look.

Flag Post

How so? I’m seeing people complaining about things, loads of people telling them to be quiet and get over it, and then that first group of people telling the second to leave them alone because they can speak their mind; somewhere in there, a troll or two sneaks in to fan the fire, if one or both of those two groups weren’t made of trolls to begin with. Actually, this scenario seems like it could be applied to most of 4chan in its entirety, not just /b/. Oh, Internet, you and your near-universal truths.

I still don’t think you quite grasp the nuances of /b/. If it were entirely like that then there would be no appeal to spend time there, since it does have a large number of users, then clearly there is more to it than that. If you had ever looked at /b/ for any amount of time (Which is hard as hell because most of the people there are boring and the format is ugly as sin) you would see that it is not at all like that.

Flag Post

May have already been covered, but it doesn’t seem to work with Chrome on Win7. it seems to work with FF

Flag Post

Bug find!

Seems when you go under a supported games list to a username that does not exist that happens, this also happens with /fans, /friends and /referrals.
Although few will ever go to such a link it is still a bug and should probably be fixed. ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by dargdargdarg:

That was my suggestion, you stole it

Flag Post

OK they have updateed it a bit better but still the old is best

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkportals:

OK they have updateed it a bit better but still the old is best

tru dat!