Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: New navigation and footer test and changes to developer payment history pages page 32

811 posts

Flag Post

I dont mind the changes, except one:

When clicking to a game, you used to be able to see what kind of game it was, i.e. shooter, puzzle, multiplayer. Now you sometimes have to start playing the game to find out what kind of game it is. Please show the game category somewehere on the frontpage or in the white box on the game page!

Flag Post

Of course, the “chosen one” was applied without even making any minor changes. Disappointment at its best.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Prikkie:

I dont mind the changes, except one:

When clicking to a game, you used to be able to see what kind of game it was, i.e. shooter, puzzle, multiplayer. Now you sometimes have to start playing the game to find out what kind of game it is. Please show the game category somewehere on the frontpage or in the white box on the game page!

It may not be ideal, but you can see what kind of game it is before playing it by scrolling down and seeing the tags listed below the game.

Flag Post

I’m still disappointed that my kred balance is shows in stead of the amount of friends I have online.

I’m willing to guess that less than 10% of users on Kongregate have bought kreds, and even less than that have a frequently changing balance(where it is important to know how many they have).

Pull the bar down with my user info down 2/5 of an inch, change Kreds to Friends Online, throw in a little of that black/grey magic we all love and you guys will have a winner!

Flag Post

I find this one the worst yet, I can no longer tell when I get messaged without mousing over my name.
Why is there a need to repeat the amount of points needed to level up and the amount of kreds we have?
Apart from those two, I find it the same.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jeimuzu185:

I find this one the worst yet, I can no longer tell when I get messaged without mousing over my name.
Why is there a need to repeat the amount of points needed to level up and the amount of kreds we have?

Make it so that you get emailed upon receiving a shout/whisper.
That’s what I do, it doesn’t act as a nuisance at all.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ruudiluca:
Originally posted by Jeimuzu185:

Make it so that you get emailed upon receiving a shout/whisper.
That’s what I do, it doesn’t act as a nuisance at all.

I already do, I rarely use my email though. I get messaged quite a bit as well so it’s annoying to use my email account. I’m just saying it was faster previously to use and all we have gained is nothing really. I can’t think of one thing better.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BlackBone:

I’m still disappointed that my kred balance is shows in stead of the amount of friends I have online.

I’m willing to guess that less than 10% of users on Kongregate have bought kreds, and even less than that have a frequently changing balance(where it is important to know how many they have).

Kreds is one of the main sources of income for Kongregate, so they have to promote it somehow.
I agree that a link to how many of your friends are online or a link to your messages would be more useful, but I don’t see the Kreds link going anywhere.

Perhaps they could just add these two as well, instead of removing the Kreds link in order to add the other two.

Flag Post

Hover your mouse over the ‘Community’ tab. It shows you who your online friends are.

Flag Post

Now I have this. IMO, it’s even more uglier than layout we used to have. And what happened to “friends online” feature and messages feature?

Boo!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maik50:

Now I have this. IMO, it’s even more uglier than layout we used to have. And what happened to “friends online” feature and messages feature?

Boo!

Agreed, I still was able to see if I got new messages in the other layout. (Well, I don’t know can you in this, but I didn’t notice that.)

You admins should add New Messages or something of that fashion, if you get new messages. I usually visit it first when I come to Kong but it’d surely be more helpful to have it easily visible.

Also, agreed on the Friends Online- thing.

Flag Post

eugh….just as i get used to the new (horrible) design, they toss out a new one…its mildly better, but still not nearly as well made as the old one

Flag Post

Is the header change going to affect IE9? So far it looks as if it was never touched. Although it could be a glitch .

Flag Post
Originally posted by Master_of_fun680:

Is the header change going to affect IE9? So far it looks as if it was never touched. Although it could be a glitch .

The new one is extremely similar to one of the old ones, you probably just previously had the similar one.

Flag Post

No, There is a major difference between the Firefox hader and the IE9 header. The IE9 header looks like it hasn’t been touched for maybe a year. I like the Firefox header, I just can’t see it on IE9… Why is that?

Flag Post

No, There is a major difference between the Firefox hader and the IE9 header. The IE9 header looks like it hasn’t been touched for maybe a year. I like the Firefox header, I just can’t see it on IE9… Why is that?

You can have different layouts of different browsers. It’s random which one you get.

Flag Post

I like it so much.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BobTheCoolGuy:

You can have different layouts of different browsers. It’s random which one you get.

awwwww… I really want the Firefox one

Flag Post

Meh, I still like the old way better. I really never got into the notion of compressing stuff into smaller stuff, but that’s apparently just me. Firefox had that issue as well with the orange button. =|

Anyway, here’s a quick pic of what I think the header should look like.

I also had the impractical idea of turning the entire header into a transitional thingy, like the “feature games” section on the main kongregate screen. Now THAT would be awesome, though I doubt it would be easy/possible. That way, no intrusive drop down menu that can actually block the game itself which btw, can be triggered by bugs instead of mouseover.

Flag Post

Get rid of the nasty footer.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thacannon:

Meh, I still like the old way better. I really never got into the notion of compressing stuff into smaller stuff, but that’s apparently just me. Firefox had that issue as well with the orange button. =|

Anyway, here’s a quick pic of what I think the header should look like.

I also had the impractical idea of turning the entire header into a transitional thingy, like the “feature games” section on the main kongregate screen. Now THAT would be awesome, though I doubt it would be easy/possible. That way, no intrusive drop down menu that can actually block the game itself which btw, can be triggered by bugs instead of mouseover.

Fantastic idea but how did you get the picture in? I have an idea, but this is a great idea, hope kong will follow this idea up

Flag Post

any way to see what category the game you’re playing is in? it was on the old version and now im lost without it!

Flag Post

Concept Header (though this is prolly they layout they are currently making)

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Concept Header (though this is prolly they layout they are currently making)

It’s over 9000!

Flag Post

^^Great, so I still can’t see if I have any friends online. Ain’t that just the fuckin’ bee’s knees when it comes to web design.