Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: New navigation and footer test and changes to developer payment history pages page 5

811 posts

Flag Post

I have just realised what this whole ordeal reminds me of: The Hundred Flowers Campaign in Mao’s China. People did something and asked for criticism and then got buttdevastated when someone actual critiques them for what happened. Thanks, Kong, for reminding me of a violent regime.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lightsun:

Time for a bug (I think) report: While playing a game, when I scroll over the new tab, the game screen goes black. Is that supposed to be like that? Because I think it’s very annoying.

That happens with games that were uploaded through an iframe — we have to hide the game when the tabs are in use or the game covers them (long story). This is something we can fix on a game-by-game basis but the developer of the game has to implement some code so that will take some time to get implemented.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cammy_Justice:

I have just realised what this whole ordeal reminds me of: The Hundred Flowers Campaign in Mao’s China. People did something and asked for criticism and then got buttdevastated when someone actual critiques them for what happened. Thanks, Kong, for reminding me of a violent regime.

Now we just need someone to compare it to the Nazis :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by saybox:

Now we just need someone to compare it to the Nazis :)

That’s far too easy and overdone, I was being an intellectual by taking the road less walked.

Flag Post

Picture of messages to prevent over butthurt of users…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dapper_Lion:

Posted for new page

Comic Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaans!

Or, maybe it’s not. I don’t know my fonts as well as I could.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zachary_Greene:

That’s pretty neat, and what I was hoping for :D

Flag Post

There’s always Stalin. My major in college was in Russian & Eastern European studies and we all know that the Greers are communists. I mean we live in San Francisco.

Flag Post

I don’t mind the new layout much but a few things of note:

- Having messages displayed without scrolling over the name is a must.
- Making the font a bit larger, you need to squint to read it at times.
- having a number of friends online when scrolling over your name
- Having new games featured under the games tab

These are just first impressions.. out of the priorities larger font is definitely needed.

ps. scrolling over the headers refreshes some games but I guess you’re already aware of that.

Flag Post

And what if I want to see how many friends I have? Or ogle the sexiness of my avatar? Or see what level I am? Or see how many points I have?

Originally posted by emily_greer:

There’s always Stalin. My major in college was in Russian & Eastern European studies and we all know that the Greers are communists. I mean we live in San Francisco.

But Soviet Communism and Sino Communism were markedly different. Mao probably got the closest to being perfect in regards to communism, but he screwed it up due to his general incompetence. He was always a general, not a politician.

Flag Post

And what if I want to see how many friends I have? Or ogle the sexiness of my avatar? Or see what level I am? Or see how many points I have?

Well then only option is suicide.

Originally posted by zaraki:

- Having messages displayed without scrolling over the name is a must

Flag Post

When I looked at a college prospectus, I don’t think the East European Studies option mentioned “online gaming site” as a possible career choice. I bet they’d get a lot more interest in the course if they did.

Flag Post

Emily Greer: Avoiding Answering the Real Questions since 1998

Flag Post

Then you get up, go outside, and stop throwing a tantrum because you can’t look on the positive side of this, and all the cool new features that outweigh the cons. Or just learn to accept the change, and grow to like it.

Or at least have constructive criticism, stop pulling an Aioria and hiding your suggestions under hateful words and anger.

Flag Post

You grab your mouse and scroll the cursor over the “community” tab, or over your name.

Flag Post

Well then only option is suicide.

Or hoping in vain that the admins allow you to switch back to the old version.

I don’t think there’s a chance in hell that they’ll do a full rollback.

Flag Post

just wondering if my other response (page 3) got read on the mouse issue in the old navigation, or if it got lost in the sea of responses

Flag Post

all the cool new features that outweigh the cons

What cool new features other than the forum hotlinks?
To us, there is none.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ElBandito81:

Then you get up, go outside, and stop throwing a tantrum because you can’t look on the positive side of this, and all the cool new features that outweigh the cons. Or just learn to accept the change, and grow to like it.

Could you name the pro’s? ’Cause all I see is less useful menus, ugly header and having to do a fuckload more to see stuff I regularly check.

Flag Post

My screen layout is Old Kong.

Flag Post

You grab your mouse and scroll the cursor over the “community” tab, or over your name.

that is a lot of effort with that effort i could have already be back at my game

Flag Post

I love how some people hate the new layout just because they were accustomed to the old one.

Except most people are hating it because it looks fucking horrible.

Flag Post

The only thing I dislike is the fact that I can’t go to friends page with a single click without hovering anymore; I’d much prefer the user to be able to have a personalized set of buttons to reach the pages they want instead of a drop down menu (I’d personally just visit new games, reccomended, forums, friends and achievements menu, so that’s what I want to access the fastest I can and I don’t care about the rest).
Anyway the change barely affects me. Can someone show me how getting a private message looks like with this new version?
EDIT: Thanks for the answer :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Danaroth:

The only thing I dislike is the fact that I can’t go to friends page with a single click anymore; I’d much prefer the user to be able to have a personalized set of buttons to reach the pages they want instead of a drop down menu (I’d personally just visit new games, reccomended, forums, friends and achievements menu, so that’s what I want to access the fastest I can and I don’t care about the rest).
Anyway the change barely affects me. Can someone show me how getting a private message looks like with this new version?

Someone posted a picture in the thread, they also made a topic about it. I’ll try and find it for you.
It’s basically a speech box over the mouseover thing, with the number of waiting messages.

Edit: Here ya’ go.
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/208224-id-just-like-to-point-out-about-the-messages

Flag Post
Originally posted by Danaroth:
Can someone show me how getting a private message looks like with this new version?

sends a PM

now you can see it yourself :D