Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: New navigation and footer test and changes to developer payment history pages page 6

811 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Danaroth:

-The only thing I dislike is the fact that I can’t go to friends page with a single click anymore.
-Can someone show me how getting a private message looks like with this new version?

Well you can but you have to go under community tab…

Is how shouts/pm’s show up when you get one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ElBandito81:

The only thing I dislike is the fact that I can’t go to friends page with a single click anymore; I’d much prefer the user to be able to have a personalized set of buttons to reach the pages they want instead of a drop down menu (I’d personally just visit new games, reccomended, forums, friends and achievements menu, so that’s what I want to access the fastest I can and I don’t care about the rest).
Anyway the change barely affects me. Can someone show me how getting a private message looks like with this new version?

Someone posted a picture in the thread, they also made a topic about it. I’ll try and find it for you.
It’s basically a speech box over the mouseover thing, with the number of waiting messages.

And can I click on it to view them, or is it time for more unnecessary mouseovers?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Retwasi:

Emily Greer: Avoiding Answering the Real Questions since 1998

Depending on the question since long before that. Seriously, I am trying to answer the questions as best I can but my main message is: Don’t freak out. Use it for a day, then tell us what you still hate (and hopefully what you like) and we’ll adjust it. But lots of great things are annoying the first time you use them, because how it’s different is immediately obvious but how it’s better may take some getting used to.

Flag Post

The only thing I dislike is the fact that I can’t go to friends page with a single click anymore; I’d much prefer the user to be able to have a personalized set of buttons to reach the pages they want instead of a drop down menu (I’d personally just visit new games, reccomended, forums, friends and achievements menu, so that’s what I want to access the fastest I can and I don’t care about the rest).
Anyway the change barely affects me. Can someone show me how getting a private message looks like with this new version?

Mine doesn’t show a number when I get a message, I need to scroll over it.

Flag Post

When will you show us the other designs then?

Flag Post

@Emily: The footer will never be good, get rid of it. That opinion is not going to change with time.

Flag Post

Actually there is one variant (the one that is the new look but you can see your avatar) that DOESN’T have the message notification. That was an oversight and will be added in.

Flag Post

So it seems like we’re already getting the typical Facebook response to the changes to the layout.

“Waaah, something changed on a completely free service that I don’t like. I’m going to threaten to quit, but I’ll be perfectly fine with it in three weeks.”

Seriously though, I love the new layout, much more aesthetically pleasing.

Flag Post

I was being an intellectual by taking the road less walked.

Currently trending: hipster intellectuals. There’s nothing intellectual about taking the road less traveled.

[All the Emily bashing, Kong bashing, admin bashing]

Seriously. I am REAGING so hard right now. What the heck has the world come to? Tell me, what have YOU ever done for ANY of the Kong admins? Maybe you reported a troll once? MAYBE. Now, what have they done for you. THEY BUILT THIS WHOLE FREAKIN’ SITE! You would not HAVE a Kongregate if not for them. So shut up and give respect where it’s due.

And to all the people talking down the design as if those involved in it were scum of the earth because of their oh so horrible design abilities, and deserve to be maimed and beaten. Please, show me one website you’ve designed that has had a quarter of the success of Kongregate. No? Then shut up and stop complaining.

In summary. I have lost faith in the internet. You should all feel proud.* Trolls, spammers, and all manner of nasty people couldn’t do it. But a thread full of whiny kids has somehow managed.

*Obviously, I’m not talking about the people who are acting like mature sentient beings. I only intend offense where it is due.

EDIT: I think this is the most reag I have ever put into a single post. Ever.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zaraki

Let me hold your kreds for you…And

Originally posted by emily_greer:

Actually there is one variant (the one that is the new look but you can see your avatar) that DOESN’T have the message notification. That was an oversight and will be added in.

Flag Post

Depending on the question since long before that. Seriously, I am trying to answer the questions as best I can but my main message is: Don’t freak out. Use it for a day, then tell us what you still hate (and hopefully what you like) and we’ll adjust it. But lots of great things are annoying the first time you use them, because how it’s different is immediately obvious but how it’s better may take some getting used to.

Like I’ve said a myriad of times, it’s just designed bad. Having the second color also be red is just a terrible design choice.

Flag Post
Originally posted by truefire:

Currently trending: hipster intellectuals. There’s nothing intellectual about taking the road less traveled.

[All the Emily bashing, kong bashing, admin bashing]

Seriously. I am REAGING so hard right now. What the heck has the world come to? Tell me, what have YOU ever done for ANY of the Kong admins? Maybe you reported a troll once? MAYBE. Now, what have they done for you. THEY BUILT THIS WHOLE FREAKINSITE. You would not HAVE a Kongregate if not for them. So shut up and give respect where it’s due.

And to all the people talking down the design as if those involved in it were scum of the earth because of their oh so horrible design abilities, and deserve to be maimed and beaten. Please, show me one website you’ve designed that has had a quarter of the success of Kongregate. No? Then shut up and stop complaining.

I don’t think Roger Ebert makes movies.

Flag Post

Currently trending: Not noticing the fact I was not being serious.
Seriously, I always talk like that, bro.

Flag Post

Where I can found the New games ?
I am not able to find the Link for browsing newest games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by fighter106:

Emily said that’s gonna be added, a page or two back.

Hopefully she at least read my suggestion for making it more noticeable, too :D

Flag Post

I don’t think Roger Ebert makes movies.

I can’t think of many people off the top of my head who I dislike more than Ebert.

And even I’ve never suggested that he should be slapped, or that he was a horrible idiot who lacks the mental capacity of a 3 year old, or any of the stuff I see in this thread.

Flag Post
Originally posted by fighter106:

They didnt make a newest game link you will just have to do that yourself by going over the games tab and clicking it then changing “sort” to newest games.

Flag Post

I can’t think of many people off the top of my head

probably cuz there aren’t many people on the top of your head to start with :P

Flag Post

I don’t even have the new layout.
I was just pointing out the fact that you dodged 86% of the questions and complaints.
It boggles me how you can manage to dodge a question more than half of the community is asking.

Flag Post

We’re going to add a link to Hot New to the games tab, probably tomorrow. It’s kind of late and there are some sucky bugs in IE7 (curse you old browsers) that need to be fixed first.

Flag Post

Is there any way to stretch the word “Kongregate” so that it’s the same length as the “X online playing Y free games!” line? I realize it’s a minor thing, but some of us are nitpicky like that ;)

Flag Post

What’s the question that I’m dodging, Retwasi? Ask it and I’ll answer.

Flag Post

There’ll be ‘regular new games’ as well as ‘hot new games’, right? :P

maybe a stupid question lol :D

Flag Post

What’s the question that I’m dodging? Ask it and I’ll answer.

For one: The issue of the bottom of the screen taking up too much space. For two: The smallness of the header, the most important part of a website’s design. For three: The amount of mouseover bullshit required to do things that were far easier before.

Flag Post

Will this site ever go back to what it was before, or will it always stay like this despite most people complaining about it?