Forums Kongregate

Kong IRC channel (locked)

9 posts

Flag Post

Since my old topic somehow disappeared off the face of the earth, I’m making a new one. This IRC channel is for people who find the PG13 limit for discussions on Kong chat a bit constricting. Basically what I’m saying is, there are no real rules for posting, bar the obvious “Don’t annoy the Ops”

Last night was the housewarming party, and a couple of people brought along fun scripts we’re going to try to have online 24/7. notagamer has a fun Russian Roulette script for 2 players. You say !roulette <someone’s name> and you’re both playing. You take turns picking numbers and whoever finds the “winning” number gets kicked =D (Don’t worry, kicking just makes them leave the channel, you can come back immediately)

Deadlyman also has a nice greeting script for whenever someone joins the channel, leaves, gets kicked or Banned.

Plus there’s the advantage of it being an IRC channel, not a Kong flash chat. So you don’t need a game to talk, you can use blocked characters like the Less Than symbol, and it’s just more fun really.

If you don’t know how to use IRC the process is simple. If you’ve got FireFox, you can install an Add-on called Chatzilla. Open it from the tools menu and when it loads, you’ll see a list of servers in the chat window. Click “moznet” and you’ll connect to that. Then type “/join #kongregate” to get in to the channel.

There are other IRC clients such as mIRC and xChat which you can download and install. Use the second link listed above for those.

Anyway, hope you’ll all join in and have fun, the 8 or 9 of us last night had a good laugh, and I’d like to see more of it. ~Crushproof/lulbat

Flag Post

Deadlyman also has a nice greeting script for whenever someone joins the channel, leaves, gets kicked or Banned.

_! and also a script if you say “Nathan”, a script if you say “!IP” and a script that beeps me when you say “DeadlyMan”.

Plus there’s the advantage of it being an IRC channel, not a Kong flash chat. So you don’t need a game to talk, you can use blocked characters like the Less Than symbol, and it’s just more fun really.

And you can PM.

Flag Post

Oh yeah, forgot about Private messaging. There’s also file transfers too.

Flag Post

Hebrew works! come all the israelis!

Flag Post

If you type !IP you get the channel’s address, spread it around, we always need more advertising

Flag Post

Wait wait wait. I have never seen more than three people at the same time in the other channel on Quakenet. Why is this suddenly going to be different?

Flag Post

there are currently 8. active – 6. usually there are 2. active – 0.

Flag Post

Becuase nobody knows about that channel on Quakenet, and it was apparently crap. I’m putting far more effort into this, so people know about it.

Flag Post

Crush, Kongregate has chat. Advertise your attempt to regain power in chat somewhere else.