Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: New navigation winner selected!

111 posts

Flag Post

After weeks of running our navigation test we have finalized the winner. We also said that we would make changes to the most popular layout and we did! Sorry, the color red was not one of them – but we think you’ll be happy with our first round of improvements.

First, you’ll notice we’ve made your avatar and username bigger and easier to see. We’ve also added important stuff like your number of friends online and your message notifications to the profile bar, so you can see them at a glance. Oh, and you may have noticed we removed some extra padding in our footer, too.

We’ve also made some other tweaks and improvements, but you can read about those below or in our change logs here.

Flag Post

Developers:

• You’ll see a link to contest leaderboards in the dropdown profile menu
  • We fixed an error where people were seeing “Address must be in plain or Western European accented ASCII text” whenever they entered an address

Users:

• Message notifications are now visible in the profile bar
  • Indicator of friends online is now visible in the profile bar
  • Hovering over your friends icon will now show the names of some of your friends online
  • “Friends Online” has now been moved from the Community menu to the dropdown profile menu
  • The name of the Badge of the Day game now appears under the Badge of the Day section in the “Achievements” menu
  • We removed the avatar image from dropdown profile menu
  • A bigger avatar icon appears next to the username in the profile bar
  • Content fix from “1 points” to “1 point”
  • We made some minor footer changes
  • We fixed the Shared Content API in Javascript API
  • We made an IE7 content alignment fix
  • We fixed a bug on the rewards page that was throwing errors

Flag Post

I like it.

Flag Post

This is awesome! :D

Is the “1 others” (it has a ‘s’ even when being only one) thing fixed in the Friends, which formerly was in the Community tab?

(And sorry, Dark, I nearly flagged your post when I tried to reply. :P)

Flag Post
Originally posted by CandyCastle:

This is awesome! :D

(And sorry, Dark, I nearly flagged your post when I tried to reply. :P)

:O

Flag Post

I don’t understand why you still have a link to accounts settings. It is pretty useless for normal users since you can’t change your name or birthdate.

Flag Post

Very nice update, it seems like nearly all of the issues that people have been complaining about have been addressed.

By the way, what exactly was causing that rewards page bug?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vegard20:

I don’t understand why you still have a link to accounts settings. It is pretty useless for normal users since you can’t change your name or birthdate.

You can link and unlink your facebook account from there. Also if you have a stored credit card or paypal account you can remove it from there too.

Flag Post

I think there are some aesthetic issues that could be improved, but this is probably the most competent the layout has been in a while. The footer is still utterly shitty though.

Flag Post

I’m still not used that the FAQ/Help and Conduct thing is in the bottom of the page and not up… :p

Flag Post

Yay! The points bar is fixed. :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

Finally its fixed.

Flag Post

How can they fix something that isn’t wrong? :O (I didn’t really hate it.)

432000th post. :D

Flag Post

And they fixed an API bug!

Horray for undocumented changes!

Flag Post

Everything looks snazzy and nice. Definitely a different looking Kongregate. I still remember the last time the site underwent a layout change haha :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by CandyCastle:

How can they fix something that isn’t wrong? :O (I didn’t really hate it.)

432000th post. :D

He meant that the point bar (when you roll over your profile and it says “Points needed for next level: 895”) it’s fixed. Below that is a bar showing how many points you got since you leveled up and at the end of the bar it shows the next level (for me, 57).

Before, it wasn’t showing your progress and it was keeping the bar at the same level.

Flag Post

My main problems as of now are:

• Some things like the jQuery slider on the homepage, the Latest Achievements thing, and the box which I’m typing in now all look strange and unbalanced with the new navigation colors. Recoloring these to match the navigation would look much better IMO.
  • And…

Originally posted by Cammy_Justice:

The footer is still utterly shitty though.

Pretty much this; several paragraphs of information are repeated or could be repeated simply by linking to those particular pages. In other words, just the links would do fine, without the masses of text taking up space, IMO.

Flag Post

This update fixed pretty much all of my concerns with the header. Thanks :D

Flag Post

:D

Flag Post

Looks awesome :o

Flag Post

i love you :3

Flag Post
Originally posted by 1230567:

Yeah, it’s a lot better now that I can see the messages I get without rolling over my profile to check.

Flag Post
He meant that the point bar (when you roll over your profile and it says “Points needed for next level: 895”) it’s fixed. Below that is a bar showing how many points you got since you leveled up and at the end of the bar it shows the next level (for me, 57).

Before, it wasn’t showing your progress and it was keeping the bar at the same level.

Ah. I didn’t pay much attention to it though, honestly speaking.

Originally posted by Seesine:
Originally posted by 1230567:

Yeah, it’s a lot better now that I can see the messages I get without rolling over my profile to check.

Indeed!

Flag Post
You can link and unlink your facebook account from there. Also if you have a stored credit card or paypal account you can remove it from there too.

Ah, that makes more sense then.

I’m so glad that is over. Hovering over my name for every refresh and page-switch was getting pretty annoying.

Flag Post

That space above “Kongregate” in the footer could be removed.
Otherwise, great update.