Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: New navigation winner selected! page 2

111 posts

Flag Post

The footer is fine now, but there’s still a lot of whitespace that can be removed to make it a bit more compact.

(Seriously, a 80 pixel buffer is over-doing it, guys.)

 
Flag Post

I liked the smaller the header was before, but this is fine too.

Originally posted by Sellyme:

The footer is fine now, but there’s still a lot of whitespace that can be removed to make it a bit more compact.

(Seriously, a 80 pixel buffer is over-doing it, guys.)

I’ve noticed a lot of whitespace on your profile that can be removed Sellyme to make it a bit more compact.

For the sake of readability, organization, and the fact that not much people scroll down to the footer, I think it is okay.

 
Flag Post

Don’t know if there is a connection to the update. The achivements-tab for the “badge of the day” game is a bit glitchy today. The text for the second achievement is put below the text for the first achievement instead of being replaced on choosing. Tested some other games, but all worked fine except the “badge of the day” game.

 
Flag Post

I think that our avatars could be a little bit bigger.

 
Flag Post

Could you please consider an option to make the red banner across the screen blue or any other color in the user options menu?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Luisln:

I liked the smaller the header was before, but this is fine too.

Originally posted by Sellyme:

The footer is fine now, but there’s still a lot of whitespace that can be removed to make it a bit more compact.

(Seriously, a 80 pixel buffer is over-doing it, guys.)

I’ve noticed a lot of whitespace on your profile that can be removed Sellyme to make it a bit more compact.

For the sake of readability, organization, and the fact that not much people scroll down to the footer, I think it is okay.

That’s 8 pixels of whitespace in each spot, which is the recommended about for line-breaks for readability. 80 pixels is slightly more than that, you may notice.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by CallOfGoods:

Could you please consider an option to make the red banner across the screen blue or any other color in the user options menu?

Sorry but I don’t think that it’ll work since the red Kongregate layout is somewhat like the site’s symbol which makes it look different from other websites.

As for the update, I am very pleased seeing that the points bar was modified and that unread messages can now be spotted easier and faster due to the new location of the icon. Good job!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by MadJedi:

Sorry but I don’t think that it’ll work since the red Kongregate layout is somewhat like the site’s symbol which makes it look different from other websites.

My grandfather was a bull so when I see red I get irrationally angry and want to smash the monitor with my face. But I understand, thank you.

 
Flag Post

Yay, it’s much better than the previous test versions :-)

The only problem I still have is that I can’t find my total number of points in the tabs (without going to my profile), shouldn’t it appear somewhere under “my points”? I mean, the most basic thing about “my points” is “how much” points I have, isn’t it?

 
Flag Post

Personally I couldn’t ask more from the new design; great work guys :)

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by CallOfGoods:
Originally posted by MadJedi:

Sorry but I don’t think that it’ll work since the red Kongregate layout is somewhat like the site’s symbol which makes it look different from other websites.

My grandfather was a bull so when I see red I get irrationally angry and want to smash the monitor with my face. But I understand, thank you.

Don’t people ever watch Mythbusters? Bulls don’t get angry at the colour red.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Sellyme:
Originally posted by CallOfGoods:
Originally posted by MadJedi:

Sorry but I don’t think that it’ll work since the red Kongregate layout is somewhat like the site’s symbol which makes it look different from other websites.

My grandfather was a bull so when I see red I get irrationally angry and want to smash the monitor with my face. But I understand, thank you.

Don’t people ever watch Mythbusters? Bulls don’t get angry at the colour red.

They get provoked by the motion of the cape.

 
Flag Post

That’s because full-blooded bulls are colorblind. I am only 25% bull which means I can see 75% of the color and get 50% angry about it. Pick up a science book sometime and you will understand the 50% rage I deal with every time I come across a stopsign.

 
Flag Post

It’s the best of the new ones, especially since my messages can now be seen again.
I guess there’s no point complaining since this is it now.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Oeffinger:

Don’t know if there is a connection to the update. The achivements-tab for the “badge of the day” game is a bit glitchy today. The text for the second achievement is put below the text for the first achievement instead of being replaced on choosing.

The same here. When not connected (red symbol), it still looks ok. Once connected, for me the tab is usually broken on Sieger Level Pack. Not sure if it’s due to the layout change or just a coincidence..

 
Flag Post

I’m liking this update. Looks much cleaner and attractive than the old Kongregate layout.

 
Flag Post

I also like the new look, will take a little time to get used to but looks very good and much easier to find what you’re looking for.

Only gripe I have (and I admit it’s a very minor one) is the total number of points earned is nowhere to be found; you have to go to the My Points page to see that now. Perhaps a line under “my points” in the username drop-down box reading “Total points earned: [#] points” could be added? But other than that I have no complaints.

 
Flag Post

It’s definitely looking and feeling a lot better now.

 
Flag Post

I would have preferred to see my points rather than “* points to level up”. Otherwise, great layout.

 
Flag Post

Still looks bloody horrible, but it’s definitely a step in the right direction.

 
Flag Post

Looks nice!
It’s a good thing we can now see if we have new messages or friends online without having to hover over a tab. :)
Oh, and cool, the points bar is fixed too. :D

 
Flag Post

Have you fixed the bug that shows friends online when they are not (for few minutes after they logoff)?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by zakid:

Have you fixed the bug that shows friends online when they are not (for few minutes after they logoff)?

That’s not a fixable bug, or even a bug.

Originally posted by HappyAlcoholic:

Still looks bloody horrible, but it’s definitely a step in the right direction.

At least it is somewhat functional now.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by kadare:

I would have preferred to see my points rather than “* points to level up”. Otherwise, great layout.

seconded.

I suggest something like this.

 
Flag Post

Looks like I’m the only one who hates this new format, the old one was the best to me anyway.