Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: New navigation winner selected! page 3

111 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by tttttt:

Looks like I’m the only one who hates this new format, the old one was the best to me anyway.

Have you not read about 80% of the posts in here?

Flag Post

That… Letter…Symbol…Disturbs…Me…
I liked when we had “messages” button and then a number next to it if we had any unread messages

That “friends online” symbol is also quite small. You have to do some pixel hunting before revealing that who of your friends is online

Otherwise all great updates. Bigger avatar and fixed point bar particularly

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

Yay! The points bar is fixed. :D

That reaction made me feel that Z did not know about this new layout :O

Flag Post
Originally posted by rock90:

You know what a joke is, right?

Flag Post

Yerp :P

Originally posted by Cammy_Justice:
Originally posted by rock90:

You know what a joke is, right?

Flag Post

I actually liked it! It will take some time to get used with hovering over my username to see the friends online thing intead of the community button, but oh well.

And the new Points bar is outsdaaaaanding.

Flag Post
Originally posted by joe1017:

Developers:

• We fixed an error where people were seeing “Address must be in plain or Western European accented ASCII text” whenever they entered an address

Not really.. At least not for me. The bug just appeared after the update, wasn’t there before – it bitches about all German special characters (ü, ö, ä, ß)

Also, it’d be nice if the “xxx points to level up” wouldn’t just tell you “0 points to level up” once you’ve reached lvl 65 all the time – it should be replaced with the number of points.

Other than that, everything else is kinda nice. I like the fact that it displays how many friends are on, the avatar got bigger and there’s a message notifier again. :)

Edit: The Kongregate News link is broken for me. Same for the recommended games link on the frontpage.

Flag Post

I’m not sure if this has anything to do with it, but after updating my own game, many people had to clear their cache to get to the latest version.

Flag Post

Much better guys, hated it at 1st, but got where I kinda liked it, but now its much more clean. Thanks guys and

VIVA LA KONG!

Flag Post

I like it!

The avatars and names don’t look bigger, and I don’t get the scroll-over boxes when I go over ‘friends online.’

Flag Post

It’s a step in the right direction, though still red on red. Footer is still way huge. And ‘merch store’. Merch? seriously? I am never buying anything described as merch.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Amibtious:

It’s a step in the right direction, though still red on red. Footer is still way huge. And ‘merch store’. Merch? seriously? I am never buying anything described as merch.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I’m probably not gonna buy anything from the merch stor eith… OMG! Is that a moderator mug??? :D
Seriously though, thanks for adding the little message notifications part. Less hovering over my username is required now. :3

Flag Post

Now my avatar does not fit well with the design.

Flag Post

Great work!

Flag Post
Originally posted by tttttt:

Looks like I’m the only one who hates this new format, the old one was the best to me anyway.

Not the only one. I feel like I’m looking at a mobile version of the website now.

Flag Post

so do I xensyr

Flag Post

You got to be fucking kidding me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Muflak:

since the update the comments don’t show up anymore at the page of new (today) added games. only if you click ‘see all’ you see the comments made to the new added games. this is since the game Outsmart!

http://www.kongregate.com/games?pdis=qj-b&sort=newest&srid=15

i know that before it took also some time since comments show up to new added games, but now it doesn’t show up for the last hours. its a bit annoying because it leads more people to say ’first comment" ect

Thanks for pointing this out. It should be all fixed now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gama11:
Originally posted by joe1017:

Developers:

• We fixed an error where people were seeing “Address must be in plain or Western European accented ASCII text” whenever they entered an address

Not really.. At least not for me. The bug just appeared after the update, wasn’t there before – it bitches about all German special characters (ü, ö, ä, ß)

Also, it’d be nice if the “xxx points to level up” wouldn’t just tell you “0 points to level up” once you’ve reached lvl 65 all the time – it should be replaced with the number of points.

Other than that, everything else is kinda nice. I like the fact that it displays how many friends are on, the avatar got bigger and there’s a message notifier again. :)

Edit: The Kongregate News link is broken for me. Same for the recommended games link on the frontpage.

Does the news link in the community tab not go to http://www.kongregate.com/announcements/kongregate-news?

As for the recommended games link being broken, we’re looking into that issue now. It seems to be user specific and hopefully we’ll get a fix out soon.

Flag Post

I think it looks amazing. I can see everything I need to see at a glance or a second of hovering – it’s great! Thanks for listening to the feedback :)

Flag Post

I held off commenting on the changes until now, since until now I still had the old version, and I didn’t want to say anything until I had actually experienced the changes.

I don’t like the changes. I realize that many of the points below have been brought up (frequently) before, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen them fully clarified, so I’ll share my opinions.

• The color scheme is awful. Simply changing the dark red portions to the previous dark grey would go a long way toward improving the aesthetics of the update, but that’s been said ad nauseam anyway.

• The diminished profile tab was and is a terrible idea—the new version is, setting aside concerns of information conveyed, simply much less pleasant to look at. Further, I miss the “Welcome,” I’d prefer to have both total points and points to level available (and if I had to choose one, I’d prefer the original total points, as it’s a better indicator of what I’ve actually done on Kongregate), and there’s no immediate sign out access (I know it’s in the hover menu).

• The profile hover, moreover, seems pointless (except for the points bar, which is a nice addition—and should be incorporated into the full profile). All other hover information is available in or from the full profile. You actually have to click to get to that further information, so all the hover really does is block the upper right portion of the page.

• In fact, all of the hover menus are generally obtrusive. If you accidentally hover over one, they block half the screen. The previous extension below the header was preferable in this regard. I realize you want to facilitate ease of access to content, but I’m not convinced this does that.

• I’ll admit I do like the improved clarification on challenges.

• The header spatial distribution is awkward at best. The blank space between the reduced profile tab and Games/Achievements/Community looks bad. This could, perhaps, be improved somewhat if the new profile tab were extended to equal length with Games/Achievements/Community/Search. Likewise, “X Online Playing X Free Games!” should be as long as “Kongregate”—you know, the way it was in the previous version.

• The rounded edges of the (smaller) profile picture clash with the sharp edges on the other side of the new profile tab and with the Games, etc. tabs. Enveloping the image within the profile tab might help.

• The new header doesn’t sync aesthetically with other parts of the site. Even as I type this post, it’s surrounded by the old dark grey. The same holds true for the most recent badges in the full profile, and so on.

• I do approve of the elimination of the excess sections: Games/Achievements/Community covers the primary purposes of the site.

In the hope that more changes are incoming, sooner or later, I would recommend replacing the dark red in the header with the previous dark grey, moving the Games/Achievements/Community under Kongregate, and returning the previous profile tab, with the addition of the new points bar.

Flag Post

I like most things, but I agree with everyone and say the colors could be fixed, but the most annoying thing to me is the avatar. I dislike how it practically covers up the box it is in.

Flag Post

this style is ok I guess but how does one log off? I can’t find the button for it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gammaflux:

this style is ok I guess but how does one log off? I can’t find the button for it lol

It’s in the drop down menu of your username. The “Sign Out” button.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EPR89:
Originally posted by gammaflux:

this style is ok I guess but how does one log off? I can’t find the button for it lol

It’s in the drop down menu of your username. The “Sign Out” button.

I finally found it. thanks. the search games and more overlapped it because I have a bad comp.