Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: New navigation winner selected! page 5

111 posts

Flag Post

it’s great.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Precarious:
  • The color scheme is awful. Simply changing the dark red portions to the previous dark grey would go a long way toward improving the aesthetics of the update, but that’s been said ad nauseam anyway.

• In fact, all of the hover menus are generally obtrusive. If you accidentally hover over one, they block half the screen. The previous extension below the header was preferable in this regard. I realize you want to facilitate ease of access to content, but I’m not convinced this does that.

• The header spatial distribution is awkward at best. The blank space between the reduced profile tab and Games/Achievements/Community looks bad. This could, perhaps, be improved somewhat if the new profile tab were extended to equal length with Games/Achievements/Community/Search. Likewise, “X Online Playing X Free Games!” should be as long as “Kongregate”—you know, the way it was in the previous version.

• The rounded edges of the (smaller) profile picture clash with the sharp edges on the other side of the new profile tab and with the Games, etc. tabs. Enveloping the image within the profile tab might help.

these can be fixed experimentally by 3rd parties, and if the fixes are popular enough, the admins might adapt them.

also, i am working on making changes for myself that i’ll probably release as a script (sorry IE users, you’ll need to get a browser that functions) that greasemonkey and chrome can use.

WIP: javascript:void $$('head')[0].insert("<style>.search{}div#welcome,.nav_tab_li:not(.active) .nav_tab_name a,div#welcome #profile_bar_messages{background-color:#333;}div#welcome .alert_messages{background-color:#555!important;}.spritenav,#headerwrap{background-image:url(\"http://i.imgur.com/0yC48.png\")!important;}#headerwrap{background-position:0 -445px!important;}#old_school_profile_tab_exposed dl dt .username_holder{color:#FFF;opacity:0.65;}#kong_header_link{background-color:#FFF}.blackbg #kong_header_link{background-color:#000}#forums table.posts tr.hentry .entry-content,.footer_sub{padding:0!important;margin:0!important;}#footer{margin-top:0!important;}#subwrap:not(html){padding:0;}<\/style\>");
i also need some feedback to know if the kongregate logo still looks okay with it. i replaced the white with transparency so the merging affect it has with white carries over to other colors; such as a script of mine that turns kong smoothly black/dark grey does

Flag Post

I’m not sure if it is the changes to the site or just my browser but ever since the update any game I want to play has a large, white square directly underneath it that covers up the bottom of the game screen. Any ideas?

Flag Post

Pretty sure others have mentioned both of these points, but I’m happy to chime in with them as well. :)

See graphic:

1) – that huge gap makes no sense; pull the whole bottom up. Lift up xx,xxx online playing yy,yyy games / kongregate / games / achievements / community / search. It’s a giant 20px gap for no reason, creating tons of extra, useless red space and pushing everything else down.

2) – someone else definitely mentioned this… but us level 65+ users would love to have our point totals displayed, instead of a super boring, static “0 points to level up”. What’s the point of having Level xx / xxx points to level up on the header AND having the giant MY POINTS section on the username dropdown? Thanks for the cake and all, but I’d rather be able to see my point total without having to rollover my name.

Flag Post
Originally posted by joe1017:

First, you’ll notice we’ve made your avatar and username bigger and easier to see. We’ve also added important stuff like your number of friends online and your message notifications to the profile bar, so you can see them at a glance. Oh, and you may have noticed we removed some extra padding in our footer, too.

The avatar is bigger? O.o

Flag Post

wow i like the updates it has a a exprience bar.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hydronics:
Originally posted by joe1017:

First, you’ll notice we’ve made your avatar and username bigger and easier to see. We’ve also added important stuff like your number of friends online and your message notifications to the profile bar, so you can see them at a glance. Oh, and you may have noticed we removed some extra padding in our footer, too.

The avatar is bigger? O.o

I haven’t really been paying attention to the layout since the takeover (haha) but my avatar looks a LOT smaller… maybe they made it 5px by 5px and then scaled it up a little more in the last update? ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Comicsartist:

I’m not sure if it is the changes to the site or just my browser but ever since the update any game I want to play has a large, white square directly underneath it that covers up the bottom of the game screen. Any ideas?

Gee…Thanks for the help…

Flag Post

So where’d the “random game” box go? I’m all for revamping interfaces, but not at the cost of features.

Flag Post

Is it only on my computer or is it a white box under where the game is? have checked other place, and is only on kong, so try to fix this kong, I should mention that I use Internett Explorer

Flag Post
Originally posted by Izzy84075:

So where’d the “random game” box go? I’m all for revamping interfaces, but not at the cost of features.

You mean the “Quick Pick” on the main page? That’s still there.

Originally posted by Darkportals:

Is it only on my computer or is it a white box under where the game is? have checked other place, and is only on kong, so try to fix this kong, I should mention that I use Internett Explorer

This has been reported multiple times. On certain systems Internet Explorer seems to have problems with Kongregate.